The Bairns Vs The Mo

I'd start with both McGinn and Henderson in the middle. I'm sure most fans would view that as being defensive but I don't think it would be as it would help control the midfield and allow the 3 behind the striker to get further forward.

22 minutes ago, broomiesniper said:

dunno if we will be looking at at emergency loan for a 'keeper.  I believe Lennox is still in Australia and I doubt SP will go with the young lad

Hopefully he does give young Ross a chance, I don’t see the risk in playing someone who has been in and around the 1st team for a while now. He also looked pretty tidy against Arbroath and those 10 mins against Killie.

41 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Morrison
Rowe Donaldson Mackie Mccann
McGinn Henderson
Morrison Oliver Kennedy
Alegria

Really difficult decision picking between Oliver or Nesbitt as the 10 but with Lawal out one of them has to play.

I went with the same team but with Nesbitt instead of Oliver. There's little to draw between them but Nesbitt does at least seem to be more involved. I never seem to see Oliver in a game. He needs to dye his hair pink or something!

14 minutes ago, The Gable Endie said:

Hopefully he does give young Ross a chance, I don’t see the risk in playing someone who has been in and around the 1st team for a while now. He also looked pretty tidy against Arbroath and those 10 mins against Killie.

maybe, it will just be the one game after all

5 minutes ago, MO7S said:

Going to be a changed team without the RossCo boys, Cammy F and Hutchy.  Interesting potential line up for us. 

Didn't you lot make about 4 signings just before the first game we played at the start of the season? Glad Mackinnon and Ballantyne are gone right enough as they caused us problems in the last game.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Morrison
Rowe Donaldson Mackie Mccann
McGinn Henderson
Morrison Oliver Kennedy
Alegria

Really difficult decision picking between Oliver or Nesbitt as the 10 but with Lawal out one of them has to play.

FWIW - 

Morrison

Rowe Donaldson Mackie McCann

McGinn

Morrison Yeats Henderson Kennedy

Alegria 

13 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

What's happened to Montrose? Form seems to have fallen off a cliff.Injuries? Season too many for  petrie ? Things become a bit stale? Always been a very decent outfit up to now.

It ultimately falls down to recruitment. We have kept the core that got us promotion from league 2 a season too many and not bringing in enough players around their peak. With that lack of quality we have a serious ageing squad as well. We can’t write this season off yet as we are still capable of performances like the one against Dunfermline, so there is hope yet!

2 hours ago, The Gable Endie said:

It ultimately falls down to recruitment. We have kept the core that got us promotion from league 2 a season too many and not bringing in enough players around their peak. With that lack of quality we have a serious ageing squad as well. We can’t write this season off yet as we are still capable of performances like the one against Dunfermline, so there is hope yet!

So is that down to Petrie or a simple lack of funds being made available to him.