The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

Just now, houston_bud said:

I need to see it again. But when you jump you usually have two feet off the ground. He's hurdled the St Mirren player and the Hearts boy is lying on the ground. In hindsight he should've just clattered into Olusanya rather than trying to avoid him.

The foot that hit the Hearts player clipped Olysuna as he hurdled him.  

That said, the slow motion replays show clear contact. 

All in all though disappointed not to take all 3 points. 

Six undefeated now, but 5 draws hurting.  

4 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

It's an infrigement and it's violent conduct. Say a player punches an opponent waiting for a corner, the foul would be given whether or not the ball was in play. 

No it wouldn’t.  

A red card would be given for the punch, but they wouldn’t take the corner away and give a foul.  

At least I’ve never seen anything like that happen.  

Unless that is a rule I’ve never seen before, where doesn’t matter of the ball is dead if it’s violent conduct?

Edited by Bobby_F

I need to see it again. But when you jump you usually have two feet off the ground. He's hurdled the St Mirren player and the Hearts boy is lying on the ground. In hindsight he should've just clattered into Olusanya rather than trying to avoid him.

Yes, he shouldn't have jumped. The ball was on the ground and wasn't winnable and doing so endangered another player.

Decent enough point after going behind early doors and considering St Mirren's home and defensive records. Surely they'll finally bag top six this season ahead of tiny clubs like Hibs, etc.

If Hertz win our next two at home, third will be as good as in the bag.

4 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

It's an infrigement and it's violent conduct. Say a player punches an opponent waiting for a corner, the foul would be given whether or not the ball was in play. 

More typically a foul could be reversed for retaliation by the fouled player 

Just now, DC92 said:

Yes, he shouldn't have jumped. The ball was on the ground and wasn't winnable and doing so endangered another player.

The ball wasn't winnable because a free kick had given. He's jumped over a player rather than clatter into him. It's a natural reaction to get out thenway of something.

OK, it's a red card but I don't think there is any intent there. 

2 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Decent enough point after going behind early doors and considering St Mirren's home and defensive records. Surely they'll finally bag top six this season ahead of tiny clubs like Hibs, etc.

If Hertz win our next two at home, third will be as good as in the bag.

Hearts aren't playing Hibs in their next two home games. So they'll have to rely on their regular theatrics to con the ref into dishing out red cards and awarding comically soft penalties.

You will struggle to see worse defending than Charles Dunne for the Hearts goal. Atrocious. Decent point but really should have been further ahead at half time. Hopefully we can muster up a squad to go to Tynecastle next week. Huge miss in Strain depending on the seriousness of his injury. Flynn did well but I wouldn’t fancy him at wing back for a stretch of games. 
Daft by Fraser to get caught up in the moment after a couple of challenges and the crowd getting up. Will miss him for however long he’s out for. 

5 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Hearts aren't playing Hibs in their next two home games. So they'll have to rely on their regular theatrics to con the ref into dishing out red cards and awarding comically soft penalties.

oof-damn.gif

The ball wasn't winnable because a free kick had given. He's jumped over a player rather than clatter into him. It's a natural reaction to get out thenway of something.

OK, it's a red card but I don't think there is any intent there. 

I don't think he intended to hurt anyone (which is probably the case with most red card offences) but we agree it was still a red. It's the latter part I was disagreeing with the OP on.

Not too unhappy with a point today given the rotten first half performance but clearly still loads of work to do if we want to finish 3rd.

11 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

But the game after them we do! Don’t be doing anything silly like getting wee pee punted! We can help!

14 minutes ago, Gorgie greatness said:

The library 🫣

If your local library is full of people quietly muttering that “This author is clueless” , “That’s too much exposition in the early chapters yet again” and “what novel were the Mann booker prize committee reading because it’s not this one”

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)