The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

3 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

From memory I think Snodgrass was involved in that one as well. Need I say more. Halliday tried his best but never a booking. 

Yes you should say more. It was not only a blatant yellow in terms of catching him, it was a yellow in terms of stopping a break.

48 minutes ago, Elixir said:

People only think it's a 'stonewall' penalty because of how absurd awards have become since the introduction of VAR and application at the World Cup.

In reality it's an absolute nothing incident.

A nothing incident in which we have been awarded 3 penalties against us for exactly the same thing.

Fair enough if that's not a penalty, then neither were the ones that have been awarded against us, in which case we have a right to be pissed off, surely? 

The VAR assistant didn't even give the ref the opportunity to have a look at it for himself. 

53 minutes ago, Elixir said:

People only think it's a 'stonewall' penalty because of how absurd awards have become since the introduction of VAR and application at the World Cup.

In reality it's an absolute nothing incident.

So to paraphrase you…

People only think it’s a penalty because that incident has always been a penalty this season. 

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

And for all the crying about Baccus yellow, there's not much noise about his absolute stick on 2nd yellow. Funny.

Is this the trip on Hearts 18 yard line?

Just because 4 Hearts players scream for a yellow it doesn’t mean it is.  

Edited by Bobby_F

3 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

No.  No your weren’t. 

A side that went toe to toe with you over back to back games, and had you on the ropes tonight “might just sneak into the top 6”.  

That kind of passive aggressive stuff is clearly not being complimentary.  

50 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Why so bitter mate, is it a case of a small bobby?

Have just watched the highlights back,

I thought It was a gritty and determined win from us, St mirren were decent tbf to them and it wasn't pretty from us at times but all In all we defended well and we got the job done. We might have been slightly fortunate with the handball shout for St Mirren but I honestly think it would have been really soft if it was given as a penalty and tbh the ball was heading out of play for a goal kick anyway. That's football imo sometimes you get the breaks and other times you don't.

All in all it's another clean sheet and shows that we can grind out wins whilst not playing that well

James Hill looks a very good signing from his debut and Garang Kuol looks like he could be a special player given a run in the team (he's absolutely rapid btw) 

Oh well on to Aberdeen, Where we will have to up the tempo and performance levels to get a win. 

9 hours ago, FTOF said:

The only difference between us tonight was your well worked goal. You scored and got the win.

That's what happens when you pay for players who poses better skill. Someone will be more likely to pop up and score. That's how football works.

9 hours ago, FTOF said:

I thought Hearts were quite powder puff. When they play in Europe next year, they'll get completely bullied.

Oh no, we'll get beaten by glamour clubs with several times our turnover again? What fun that'll be for all the other clubs in Scotland that were too shite to qualify yet again.

7 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

Of course it's not a yellow because players scream. But that was a yellow every day of the week.

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Of course it's not a yellow because players scream. But that was a yellow every day of the week.

I'm guessing you were at the game and didn't get to see a replay. The Hearts tv commentators - who were actually quite good - roared for the second yellow (and i was feeling pretty nervous), then when we saw the replay it was a pretty nothing foul. Both the commentators retracted their initial comments.

Edited by houston_bud

8 minutes ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

Have just watched the highlights back,

I thought It was a gritty and determined win from us, St mirren were decent tbf to them and it wasn't pretty from us at times but all In all we defended well and we got the job done. We might have been slightly fortunate with the handball shout for St Mirren but I honestly think it would have been really soft if it was given as a penalty and tbh the ball was heading out of play for a goal kick anyway. That's football imo sometimes you get the breaks and other times you don't.

All in all it's another clean sheet and shows that we can grind out wins whilst not playing that well

James Hill looks a very good signing from his debut and Garang Kuol looks like he could be a special player given a run in the team (he's absolutely rapid btw) 

Oh well on to Aberdeen, Where we will have to up the tempo and performance levels to get a win. 

Aberdeen are honking, 

33 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

I'm guessing you were at the game and didn't get to see a replay. The Hearts tv commentators - who were actually quite good - roared for the second yellow (and i was feeling pretty nervous), then when we saw the replay it was a pretty nothing foul. Both the commentators retracted their initial comments.

Actually yeah, I only seen it at the game and my initial post was in line with that. I'll watch it back and if I'm wrong I'll happily retract it but it looked a stick on yellow.