The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

One of the worst refereeing performances you will see all season, and not just for St Mirren. He was equally as poor for some of the decisions against Hearts. How that is not a penalty given numerous decisions this season & the distance the ball has travelled is beyond me. The linesman is equally, if not more, culpable for that decision. 

I feared a pumping there from Hearts thinking their first half performance was a blip last week but it seems not. Very unlucky to come away with nothing & I thought every player was brilliant tonight, particularly Taylor, most of whom hadn’t played regularly this season. From a Hearts perspective they were absolutely uninspiring over the 2 games but did what they needed to which is why they are and will be clear in 3rd. The weak link obviously being Halliday who is a tremendously poor footballer but juggling that with refereeing duties will affect performance I’m sure. Wasn’t out the refs ear all night. c**t. 

2 minutes ago, SEETHING said:

I must say, I don't visit P&B as often as I used to, but seeing St Mirren fans being on the verge of tears about their latest pumping by The Capital's Establishment Club is like a hug from an old friend. 

I'm guessing you spend most of your time on Kickback, given the shite that you talk.

2 minutes ago, Munoz said:

I'm guessing you spend most of your time on Kickback, given the shite that you talk.

Kickback is a dreadful place full of dull and semi-literate people, friend. A poster of my calibre would not be seen dead there. 

Changing topic, I think Taylor tonight looked promising!

Gogic was magnificent.  

Flynn playing out of position did well. 

Ayunga hits the post 2 minutes after coming on and looked really in the mood.  

No points unfortunately but plenty of positive points.  

Just home from Tynescastle. Good performance but fell short. Can't believe fhe penalty decision. Couldn't really see it from my viewpoint but having seen the TV  footage, f**k me! Always thought Tynecastle was one of the best atmospheres but it was like a morgue.  Our away support was tremendous. Got my ticket for Wednesday. 3 points .please. 

Good win and return from this double header, even if we need more consistency in our performances. Before long the sort of liquid fitba we saw for our goal will click for a full game and we will stick five or six past someone.

St Mirren are a capable side who will surely be top six - fourth is probably there for the taking as they're superior to shite like Aberdeen and bottom six rabble like Hibernian.

StellarHibee positively seething anaw. An added bonus.

5 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Changing topic, I think Taylor tonight looked promising!

Gogic was magnificent.  

Flynn playing out of position did well. 

Ayunga hits the post 2 minutes after coming on and looked really in the mood.  

No points unfortunately but plenty of positive points.  

Taylor was superb considering it was his first start in a back line that was flung together due to the amount of missing players. 

I was concerned that we might get turned over tonight, but in truth we should most definitely have taken a point.

Unfortunate given the line up and injuries. That's a stonewall penalty at the end. We've conceded worse. Nice to see they've decided to change what's a handball suddenly after a few VAR games of everything being a penalty.

Edited by flyingscot

Just watched Alba without knowing the score. Played really well in the second half, but same old… can’t put the ball in the net when it matters. Poor defending for their goal, but after that, plenty of effort, never deserved to lose, but we did. Only real gripe is why in the name of fcuk is that not a penalty kick? Absolutely fcuking shocking - but… if we could put the ball in the net when well on top, shite like that won’t matter.

Having watched the referee stand about 5 yards from Snodgrass when he blatantly took a dive in order to get Baccus a yellow card, it’s not surprising he didn’t award us a penalty for a clear hand ball at the end up. 

The guy should not be anywhere near a game at this level again. 

We weren't very good, but probably good enough. If Humphrys hits the target it's 2-0, easily the best chance of the game.

Clark's double save as well was pretty much irrelevant, it was a blatant handball in the build up.

Edited by Tony Wonder

People only think it's a 'stonewall' penalty because of how absurd awards have become since the introduction of VAR and application at the World Cup.

In reality it's an absolute nothing incident.

Our final ball was shocking. We wasted so many crosses. Very good hearts goal but omg what do we need to do to get decent calls from the ref. 

The booking Baccus got was pathetic. Snodgrass should be wearing a mask to hide his red face. He should have been sent off. 

Really happy with our workrate but we need to do more to trouble teams. 

37 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Good win and return from this double header, even if we need more consistency in our performances. Before long the sort of liquid fitba we saw for our goal will click for a full game and we will stick five or six past someone.

St Mirren are a capable side who will surely be top six - fourth is probably there for the taking as they're superior to shite like Aberdeen and bottom six rabble like Hibernian.

StellarHibee positively seething anaw. An added bonus.

Aberdeen shite ? We handed yer arses on plate at pittodrie