The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

My point is he's no trying to block a cross, make himself bigger at a shot or move himself toward the ball.  It's span up off the turf and he's tried to move out the way of it.

If he's thrown a hand out to stop it then obviously where the ball is heading is irrelevant, like the one Jordan McGhee gave away at Pittodrie

The video on the camera angle behind the goal paints a slightly different picture of your interpretation.

Just now, Gorgie greatness said:

Credit where it due wot ST mirren do they do it good but it’s ugly football, f**k watching that all season🤢

That game wont live long in the memory

It's strangely not an issue watching it. I really enjoyed the free flowing football we played to win the Championship under Tim Hendrie but in terms of Premier League this is one of my favourite teams to watch. They compete for  every ball, they work really hard off the ball and they have that little physical edge. 

I hate this new Pep pish, passing the ball 300 times.

I actually enjoy Robbo's football. 👍🏻

Just now, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

My point is he's no trying to block a cross, make himself bigger at a shot or move himself toward the ball.  It's span up off the turf and he's tried to move out the way of it.

If he's thrown a hand out to stop it then obviously where the ball is heading is irrelevant, like the one Jordan McGhee gave away at Pittodrie

All completely irrelevant I'm afraid.

Richard Tait had his arms pinned to his side, with his back turned towards the ball. The ball hit his elbow that was sticking out, completely unintentionally, and it was deemed a penalty.

The only difference between us tonight was your well worked goal. You scored and got the win.

3 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:
Just now, Hendricks said:

We were fortunate to win but it's a huge 3 points because of that! St Mirren are a tough, well drilled, competitive and niggly side and they deserve a lot of credit for how they kept going. Certainly from what I've seen of the rest they have a very decent shout of sneaking into the top 6. 

We were pedestrian, at best, for far too much of that but of course had the quality on several occasions, including a great goal. to carve the Saints open. But much work to do on the formation and in integrating several players. 

Smith, Ginnelly and Halliday were all dreadful and need benched for Wednesday. Hopefully Kingsley is back, Grant should also get the chance beside Snodgrass and Kuol should make his first start in replace of the great hide and seek champion of Tynecastle, Josh Ginnelly. Hill had a superb debut, Clarke is going to be very close to Scotland No1 (he's now had as many clean sheets as Craig Gordon this season!) and it was a superb goal for McKay.

We move on to Wednesday and the opportunity to go 9 clear in 3rd. Will need to play better than that though! 

Normally not a fan of abusing people online, but just f**k off p***k.  

1 minute ago, Torfason said:

It's strangely not an issue watching it. I really enjoyed the free flowing football we played to win the Championship under Tim Hendrie but in terms of Premier League this is one of my favourite teams to watch. They compete for  every ball, they work really hard off the ball and they have that little physical edge. 

I hate this new Pep pish, passing the ball 300 times.

I actually enjoy Robbo's football. 👍🏻

Me too.

It's the most I've enjoyed watching us in years. We were relentless in the last 15 minutes and had them on the ropes. Hardly eye bleeding.

I thought Hearts were quite powder puff. When they play in Europe next year, they'll get completely bullied.

7 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

According to Sky Sports, Hearts 12

Shots, St Mirren 19. 

Hearts had one great move in the first half, and one good break away in the second when Saints were throwing the kitchen sink. 

What part do you disagree with?

You had 4 shots on target according to live scores.

2 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

A team that gets by on sly niggly fouls, diving and time wasting with a hostile crowd used to influence refereeing decisions. Hearts get the breaks, but they're god awful to watch.

😂😂😂 supports a team with Martin Boyle and Ryan Porteous!

Hearts are decent to watch , I have watched plenty worse hearts teams.

Just now, FTOF said:

Me too.

It's the most I've enjoyed watching us in years. We were relentless in the last 15 minutes and had them on the ropes. Hardly eye bleeding.

I thought Hearts were quite powder puff. When they play in Europe next year, they'll get completely bullied.

Yup, add me to that. 

I'm used to seeing St. Mirren teams roll over and not be, as they call it, 'streetwise'...muddling through and sneaking a goal here and there without any real focus or purpose.

But we definitely have an identity in this side, we're a bit of a b*****d of a team and other sides don't relish playing us most of the time. We've also toughened up on the road which is encouraging - 3 months ago a goal away from home in the first 30 mins would have opened us up to a 3-0 or 4-0 and thankfully that's happening less often on our travels now, we've faced adversity in the last 3 away games (losing a goal vs Livi, a player vs Killie and an earlyish goal at Tynecastle) and we've come out of each game looking OK.

4 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

A team that gets by on sly niggly fouls, diving and time wasting with a hostile crowd used to influence refereeing decisions. Hearts get the breaks, but they're god awful to watch.

Shocked that a Hibs supporter doesn't enjoy watching Hearts, especially you, you're such a balanced individual.

4 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

We've committed less fouls than every other team in the league bar Aberdeen

5 minutes ago, Hendricks said:

Huh? Weird response. I was complementing your side! 

No.  No your weren’t. 

A side that went toe to toe with you over back to back games, and had you on the ropes tonight “might just sneak into the top 6”.  

That kind of passive aggressive stuff is clearly not being complimentary.  

Edited by Bobby_F

1 minute ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Maybe the green Brazil will show us how it’s done a week on Sunday!

We will. But Hearts will lump the ball high up the field and score from a plooky deflection or something. It's generally what happens in these games. The more attractive side will lose.