The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

24 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

S'fine. In the past decade we've had Tommy Craig, Alex Rae, Ian Murray and Alan Stubbs in charge, so bang average isn't the diss you think it is.

During the second set of Levein Years, I'd have bitten your hand off for Stephen Robinson, tbh. Did a decent job at Motherwell and seems to be doing the same at St Mirren, both times with very little money.

The good thing about us these days is we have a settled team and a settled formation. If anyone is out someone else slots in. We don't change tactics or formation and it has worked well. Everyone knows their job. And for the first time in many years we have a strong bench so can usually bring on like for like which doesn't weaken the team. (The exception being up top - Main and Ayunga are battering rams but poor in front of goal. Greive & Brophy are natural strikers so can offer a better threat once the opposition defence is reeling). And of course everyone underestimates us.

Hearts are clearly a better team than Aberdeen but we beat Celtic at home and were beating Sevco until the Rangers employee that was the ref gave them a soft penalty with 5 mins to go. Another tough game for us but expect at least a point and there is no reason why we shouldn't be looking for three. And after our last two Away games we could maybe for the first time in many years get a point at Tynecastle. Whatever happens I expect both games to be very close.

A potentially season defining double header. Hearts are the 3rd best team in the league by far, given that they have had European distractions and a ridiculous injury list it's a minor miracle and shows how astute Robbie Neilson is as a manager, or just how bad Aberdeen and Hibs have been. Maybe a bit of both.

3 points from 6 would be acceptable, anything above 4 points would be the stuff of dreams. 

Hearts are clinical, we can't afford to give away even half chances. 

34 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

A potentially season defining double header. Hearts are the 3rd best team in the league by far, given that they have had European distractions and a ridiculous injury list it's a minor miracle and shows how astute Robbie Neilson is as a manager, or just how bad Aberdeen and Hibs have been. Maybe a bit of both.

3 points from 6 would be acceptable, anything above 4 points would be the stuff of dreams. 

Hearts are clinical, we can't afford to give away even half chances. 

Sorry for being a pedant, but there is only one thing above 4 points 🙂

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Obviously there has been a grudge against your club for the actions of certain St Mirren players in 1986

But with the, long overdue, passing of Frank McGarvey it's probably about time to let that grudge drop

Did you actually witness our game? McGarvey actually had some superb chances early doors to take the lead. 

Compare the Celtic team with the St Mirren team?

Celtic’s team was filled with established international players. 

54A0AA73-59C1-4298-89E4-C77ABF932A49.thumb.jpeg.147a9dc453728d3f2e1459756a074efe.jpeg

We had Jim fcuking Stewart (ex Rangers) in goal. I’m surprised it was not more.

Your team’s inability to win 2 games against a relegated team like Clydebank and getting pumped 6-2 by St Mirren was more to do with your bottle crashing. You really struggled against St Mirren, Dundee, Motherwell Clydebank that season. 

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/a1980/heartofmidlothian1986.htm

Fcuk off blaming St Mirren players. I’ve seen worse Celtic teams score more goals against my team. 

You really are a bunch of arrogant cnuts.

Just finally admit it.

Your bottle crashed. 

Just now, Molotov said:

Did you actually witness our game? McGarvey actually had some superb chances early doors to take the lead. 

Compare the Celtic team with the St Mirren team?

Celtic’s team was filled with established international players. 

54A0AA73-59C1-4298-89E4-C77ABF932A49.thumb.jpeg.147a9dc453728d3f2e1459756a074efe.jpeg

We had Jim fcuking Stewart (ex Rangers) in goal. I’m surprised it was not more.

Your team’s inability to win 2 games against a relegated team like Clydebank and getting pumped 6-2 by St Mirren was more to do with your bottle crashing. You really struggled against St Mirren, Dundee, Motherwell Clydebank that season. 

https://www.londonhearts.com/scores/a1980/heartofmidlothian1986.htm

Fcuk off blaming St Mirren players. I’ve seen worse Celtic teams score more goals against my team. 

You really are a bunch of arrogant cnuts.

Just finally admit it.

Your bottle crashed. 

TBF Jim Stewart probably threw the game to help his Celtic chums. 

23 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

But with the, long overdue, passing of Frank McGarvey it's probably about time to let that grudge drop

I honestly can’t see Hearts supporters clapping along at the minutes applause for Francis Peter McGarvey on Saturday. Can you?

I still despise the Hearts teams of the ‘80s. 

Long may this argument fester!

FFDDD484-9CA9-4D65-9FE7-A102184CDCEB.thumb.jpeg.cc997325c638cf61e4ad5e91e30c90b8.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Did you actually witness our game?

Of course not, I only really started watching Hearts in 1987

And that hardly matters

By now Frank McGarvey is a mythological as opposed to historical figure 

Attempting to present counterarguments based on historical facts is a waste of time and quite frankly offensive to my belief system and I'd appreciate it if you desisted

1 minute ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Of course not, I only really started watching Hearts in 1987

And that hardly matters

By now Frank McGarvey is a mythological as opposed to historical figure 

Attempting to present counterarguments based on historical facts is a waste of time and quite frankly offensive to my belief system and I'd appreciate it if you desisted

Oh well at least you saw this goal then.

0720973D-9CD9-4143-97D9-DEFECB59D8A2.jpeg.df2d0aec0599a1da16230598529858eb.jpeg

Frank “Mythological” McGarvey?

Rename this thread ST MIRREN DEFEATS THREAD FEATURING HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN please. 

No idea who's in the St Mirren team these days (I assume a couple of McGinns and a few posties and plumbers who aren't on shift), but this should really be two wins out of two for the capital cruiseliner. 

The '86 stuff will always be what it is. I'm too young to bother about it, and I'm nearly 40, so make of that what you will.

But in the world of the internet, it will probably be one of these things that is dragged on forever by match threads like this and arguments on Twitter featuring people born 20 years after the event.

The internet has done funny things to fitba rivalries. I met a St Mirren fan through work a while back and he was telling folk (everyone else was English) that there was 'a bit of heat' (!) between St Mirren and Hearts. It felt rude to make him lose face, so I waited until he'd gone before making it clear that there really isn't.

There's a difference between people taking five seconds to post a picture of Dens, or typing 'St Liedooon' instead of St Mirren and people actually giving a f**k. Nobody is looking at the fixture list in July and wondering when we're playing St Mirren. Nobody gives a f**k how St Mirren have got on when we get back to the pub after a Hearts game. It's just the internet.

Edited by VincentGuerin