The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

I’m a big fan of Alex Greive and I thought he had a pretty good game, but watching the highlights back, his effort when the ball was lobbed to the back post and he had a free shot and skied it in the first half was just terrible. You’d have to think Brophy would’ve burst the net there.

Overall, the draw was just about the right result. We sat off the game far too much in the second half.

I know he was on a booking, but the decision to take Baccus off was crazy and we went to shit without him.

Absolute stone wall red card. No need for Marcus to do that, especially in the last minute of the game. It was our free kick though, I don't understand why the ref then gave a free kick to Hearts?

Could give us a real selection headache for the trip to Tynecastle if Strain and Gallagher don't make it.

Did anyone see Andy Robertson do the same thing to a Wolves player, except he landed on the guys face with his boot? Not even a yellow card!

Hearts showed why they are the 3rd best team in the country in the 2nd half. Fair enough the goal they scored was a bit lucky (as was ours) but I've not seen us toil like that at home this season. McKay was running riot. 

Sadly Neilson has cracked the code and will know exactly what to do at Tynecastle from the first whistle.

16 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I know he was on a booking, but the decision to take Baccus off was crazy and we went to shit without him.

It would seem Robinson can’t win on this front. He was getting pelters last week for not taking O’Hara off after he was booked. It would’ve been the same this week if Baccus had picked up a second yellow.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m with you that we shouldn’t need to be subbing our best players just because they’ve been booked, but the way the game is now with just about every foul being a booking, it’s almost become necessary. 

24 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I’m a big fan of Alex Greive and I thought he had a pretty good game, but watching the highlights back, his effort when the ball was lobbed to the back post and he had a free shot and skied it in the first half was just terrible. You’d have to think Brophy would’ve burst the net there.

Was a bad miss, that was the only one I really thought "this is 2". He doesn't even need to burst the net, just sidefoot it and control it in. The goal was gaping.

39 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

Since St Mirren fans decided to become pant wetting, hand wringing grief merchants I suppose? It's straight from the OF victim playbook.

Maybe some of us are too worried about the thousands of annual deaths caused by the Tsetse fly to care about Frank McGarvey. 

I'm certainly not in the above category.

If I was at Tynecastle and a similar event occurred due to a Hearts player dying, then I would join in the applause. Over the years, I've respected many minutes silences/applauses at opposition grounds for players or club officials that have died.

IMO it just makes you look a like an arsehole if you can't clap for one minute, or respect a minutes silence for that matter, at a football match for a football player who has died. Irrespective whether he's a player at your club or the opposition.

18 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Absolute stone wall red card. No need for Marcus to do that, especially in the last minute of the game. It was our free kick though, I don't understand why the ref then gave a free kick to Hearts?

Could give us a real selection headache for the trip to Tynecastle if Strain and Gallagher don't make it.

Did anyone see Andy Robertson do the same thing to a Wolves player, except he landed on the guys face with his boot? Not even a yellow card!

Hearts showed why they are the 3rd best team in the country in the 2nd half. Fair enough the goal they scored was a bit lucky (as was ours) but I've not seen us toil like that at home this season. McKay was running riot. 

Sadly Neilson has cracked the code and will know exactly what to do at Tynecastle from the first whistle.

Baccus being subbed was a huge loss for us in the second half.

I'd wager that if he had been playing in the second half rather than Kiltie, we'd have been far more resilient in midfield.

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'd wager that if he had been playing in the second half rather than Kiltie, we'd have been far more resilient in midfield.

The ref was intent on booking him for something. The dive gave him an easy excuse. You could almost put your house on it he would have been sent off. Imo Robbo called it right. 

18 minutes ago, FTOF said:

True. He was a huge loss. Gogic ran out of steam a bit too. He was incredible in the first half.

I thought Flynn did really well. Still have the fear if he starts right wing back at Tynecastle but he is reliable.

35 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Was a bad miss, that was the only one I really thought "this is 2". He doesn't even need to burst the net, just sidefoot it and control it in. The goal was gaping.

Was this the one where he skied it from about 2 feet? I thought Shankland (of all people!!) dived in and deflected. But sportscene wasn't clear on whether the follow up was a goal kick or a corner....

7 minutes ago, AW saint said:

The ref was intent on booking him for something. The dive gave him an easy excuse. You could almost put your house on it he would have been sent off. Imo Robbo called it right. 

Had he not commited about 3 fouls before it? It was coming, but you can't blame the ref. And the dive was fucking ridiculous, no real excuse needed.

Just now, thomas said:

Even if that was true how did that stop Hearts just simply winning their game? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Or even getting a draw at Dens Park?

Or not pumping bottom of the table Clydebank at Tynecastle a few weeks before the end of the season? They could only scrape a 1-0 win?

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Or even getting a draw at Dens Park?

Or not pumping bottom of the table Clydebank at Tynecastle a few weeks before the end of the season? They could only scrape a 1-0 win?

😄 I thought it was Hearts fans who were supposed to be rattled by st mirren lying down?

45 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm certainly not in the above category.

If I was at Tynecastle and a similar event occurred due to a Hearts player dying, then I would join in the applause. Over the years, I've respected many minutes silences/applauses at opposition grounds for players or club officials that have died.

IMO it just makes you look a like an arsehole if you can't clap for one minute, or respect a minutes silence for that matter, at a football match for a football player who has died. Irrespective whether he's a player at your club or the opposition.

Which is fair enough, and it looks like most jambos did the same yesterday but your fellow supporters on here are referring to non participating Hearts fans as sub human scum, vile brain dead idiots etc. The consequence is they'll be called out for their faux cringeworthy outrage.

1 minute ago, Falcor Roar said:

Which is fair enough, and it looks like most jambos did the same yesterday but your fellow supporters on here are referring to non participating Hearts fans as sub human scum, vile brain dead idiots etc. The consequence is they'll be called out for their faux cringeworthy outrage.

If pointing out that some folk are utter c***s constitutes “faux cringeworthy outrage” then fair enough. Knock yersel out pal. I disagree though. 

28 minutes ago, Stylish Kid said:

Was this the one where he skied it from about 2 feet? I thought Shankland (of all people!!) dived in and deflected. But sportscene wasn't clear on whether the follow up was a goal kick or a corner....

I'd have to see it back but I thought Shankland tried to put him off but never actually touched it.

1 hour ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I’m a big fan of Alex Greive and I thought he had a pretty good game, but watching the highlights back, his effort when the ball was lobbed to the back post and he had a free shot and skied it in the first half was just terrible. You’d have to think Brophy would’ve burst the net there

He’s a foreign Danny Mullen. He’ll run around a lot, charge people down, pop up will a goal now and again and the fans will love him for it, but realistically he’s not very good.

Brophy finishes that chance absolutely no question.

Edited by Billy_Gunn

3 minutes ago, Austin McCann said:

😄 I thought it was Hearts fans who were supposed to be rattled by st mirren lying down?

The only lying down that day was performed by Hearts players. 

Especially a certain Craig Levein who just decided to lay in his bed at home as his arse collapsed. Just ask that sage Gary MacKay his opinion of CL antics that day. His own teammates hate CL for that cowardly behaviour.

😘