The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

How dare you!!

My karaoke exploits are legendary. I’m like a perfect hybrid of Brandon Flowers and Neil Diamond. 😀

Flowers and Diamonds?

I hear Gabriel’s are crying out for your “talents” when you visit.

@Arch Stanton will stand you drinks all night as long as you sing depressing 80s classics. 

Rather there than the Court. 

Utterly dreadful in the first half, like really bad. St Mirren pressed well, and hounded us into some bad mistakes, but everything we done was so slow. Smith offered nothing on the right which pretty much ruled that side of the pitch out for us, and everything we did do was forced down the left side which was predictable and easy to defend against.

St Mirren got a huge slice of luck with the goal, but that equalled out a bit when their own player deflected a certain goal wide.

Second half was much better from us. Bit of a tweak to the formation, but most importantly we moved it far quicker and St Mirren struggled to contain us as easily as they did first half. 

I think a draw was probably fair overall, but St Mirren will definitely be kicking themselves they weren't further ahead at HT.

Point is decent, and becomes very good if we win on Friday. Hopefully we can have a few players back and also add one or two before then.

1 hour ago, Lex said:

Brophy came on at Livi and changed the game; got a great assist. Was no surprise when he started at Killie, and he was unlucky to get subbed after 10 minutes for tactical reasons. To go from that to completely bombed out the team today was just odd and can only assume he’s on his way out.

Brophy is going no where in January.  We should have been two or three up at half time don't you agree ? Robinson knows what he is doing.  Hearts were better in the second half,  Fraser deserved his red card it will be a three game ban which is a worry.  Regarding McGarvey applause there is a problem with a small section of both fans. Thankfully the majority respected the moment.  

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

Hopefully you were at Dens in 86.

You sub human mutant.

1 hour ago, Molotov said:

He’s probably related to Levein and his bottle crashed on the day of that game!

^^^ Heads completely gone :lol: I wasn't alive yet in 1986, for the record. 

S01E02-i2a6joL1.jpg

"You're always going on about showing respect for Frank McGarvey; let it go m8, you're never going to meet him."

Edited by SEETHING

Agreed but Hearts fans, fuelled by, among others, Sandy Clark's dribblings which blame FMcG most of all for ""not trying" and "celebrating with the Sellick players", for their capitulation on 3/5/86. Hence their apathy.

The highlights of that game are on youtube. Saints had 5 shots on target in that game including one cleared off the line. One more than they had today.

Sellick have destroyed teams away from home numerous times before that game and numerous times after, including Hearts.

Sandy Clark is a w**k.

Edited by Arch Stanton

23 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Utterly dreadful in the first half, like really bad. St Mirren pressed well, and hounded us into some bad mistakes

I've only seen the highlights of today, gave the game itself a miss, but this aspect of games has always worried me under Neilson. Going back as far as the Stubbs-era derbies, right from the first one when we won 2-1 at Tynecastle, Stubbs worked out that effective pressing gave us real problems and some of our worst performances that season came against Hibs.

I've never been Robbie's biggest fan, but I accept what he has done and I'm not calling him shite or anthing, but I did feel today we were likely to struggle with St Mirren being really good at that aspect of the game. Fair play to him, as it seems to have been addressed after half-time with a change of shape. Perhaps a really good sign, but that weakness when pressed has been a recurring theme.

Overall, very good recently though. 11 points from 15 post-break, and five points from three tough away fixtures. And, yet again, getting a result having been behind. Lots to feel good about, and that's a good point at a ground lots of teams lose at.

Best compliment I can pay the team is that hearing we were behind at half-time and playing poorly, given our recent exploits, I still felt we'd probably get something.

Edited by VincentGuerin

39 minutes ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Hang on, when did it become compulsory to clap a minutes applause for a player associated with the opposing team?  No need to be turning their back but it's a bit much to criticise for not actually clapping.

I guess its not compulsory if you are a cnut.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Hang on, when did it become compulsory to clap a minutes applause for a player associated with the opposing team?  No need to be turning their back but it's a bit much to criticise for not actually clapping.

Just simple human manners. 

51 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Sandy Clark's son found.

The manager and the goalkeeper were both staunch Rangers men. It makes perfect sense that they would be in on it too.

Who do support son?

St Mirren.

Aye but who do you really support?

St Mirren 

Aye but who is your big team?

St Mirren

When will this pish end 🥱

9 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Since St Mirren fans decided to become pant wetting, hand wringing grief merchants I suppose? It's straight from the OF victim playbook.

Maybe some of us are too worried about the thousands of annual deaths caused by the Tsetse fly to care about Frank McGarvey.