The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

I've been to two that I recall. A 1-0 in 1985 (on my 21st birthday), a Gardner Speirs free kick whick stoated aff the hard pitch and a 1-0 in 2006 courtesy of a Stewart Kean goal.

The 2006 was noteworthy because wee I'd been in Kaunas a few days earlier and wee diving rat Mikolunas got booked for diving v Scotland. He obviously learned fuck all because he was also booked for diving in our 1-0 win.

However, 17 years later and both teams had a player booked for trying to con the Ref. Plus ca change as the French shrug.

2 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I had no idea that they were reviewing something, but I noted there was minute left in stoppage time for us to get that free kick into the box.

Then when the delay became conspicuous enough for the penny to drop that they must have been reviewing something, I had no idea what it might be.

When the announcer pointed out that it was indeed a VAR review for violent conduct, I had no idea which team was under review, let alone which player. It was only the subdued tone of the announcer's voice that hinted it might be against us.

Looked like four minutes to get to the decision. Rivetting stuff.

As Jimmy Sanderson would say “Were you not at the game caller?” 

It happened close enough to the West Stand touchine so I can only assume you sit in the posh seats in the main stand.

I did find it odd that the stadium announcer kinda laughed as he said it was being checked for violent conduct. 

I thought at the time it was a completely unnecessary challenge by a player certainly not known for intentionally hurting opponents but it was reckless and therefore a red card.

As soon as it went to VAR there was only one outcome. However why it took the ref so long is beyond me. It’s either clearly a red and he made a mistake or it’s not. Slowing down these challenges can often make it look worse than it was. 

The game was a lost opportunity by St Mirren. Two many decent chances squandered. Especially Grieve end of first half.

1 hour ago, Div said:

Game should have been over by half time but Hearts had the better of the majority of the second half.

Two lucky goals, no complaints about the silly red card, and at the end of the day it’s another point, ten unbeaten at home and six unbeaten home and away.

Friday going to be a real test for the squad now as we go to Tynecastle without Dunne, Erhahon and Fraser who are all suspended whilst Strain, Gallagher and Ayunga could all miss out with injury along with the already long term absentee Tait.

Worst case Taylor will need to play alongside Gogic and Joe if we are to retain a three along with Tanser and Flynn. 

A midfield 3 of Baccus, O’Hara and Kiltie and then Main and either Alex or Brophy.

it’s not the worst but it’s still massive disruption and there will be little on the bench.

Hopefully Dec and Strain will recover in time.

Sub was a strange one today, how the f**k did Olusanya get on ahead of the Wolf?

Obviously Robbo sees both Brophy and Olusanya in training. Olusanya deserves a chance. He is quick and should benefit from the Main knock ons. 

Our squad is now stretched to the limit and it will be a real test next week. 

5 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Can I just say that I felt the minutes applause pre match for Frank McGarvey was respected by the Hearts fans in attendance that I saw. 👏 

Thank you! 

A very large proportion of the Hearts fans were not applauding. 

But that’s their prerogative………..The brain dead fuckwit c***s. 

Just now, AW saint said:

Obviously Robbo sees both Brophy and Olusanya in training. Olusanya deserves a chance. He is quick and should benefit from the Main knock ons. 

Gogic was pressing and closing down players faster than Olusanya and Gogic had been playing for 80minutes previous. 

Olusanya had one decent opportunity and completely wasted it. 

0/10

6 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Can I just say that I felt the minutes applause pre match for Frank McGarvey was respected by the Hearts fans in attendance that I saw. 👏 

Thank you! 

Not really- be lucky if a couple of hundred joined in with applause ,and the young team directly behind the goal started singing some song (probably sectarian or pro union) before the minute was up.

Once scum, always scum. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

A very large proportion of the Hearts fans were not applauding. 

But that’s their prerogative………..The brain dead fuckwit c***s. 

But my point is that there was no disrespect in terms of vile chants that used to be the norm with Frank whenever he played against Hearts?

Couldn’t give a fcuk if any Hearts fans disrespected the tribute because of bitterness surrounding 1986. Maybe if you hadn’t got pumped 6-2 at Love Street that season, or shat the bed at Dens you’d have won the title, daft kunts.

Important thing was St Mirren fans got the opportunity to honour a bona fide legend…

Bring on the dancing girls!

Edited by pozbaird

3 minutes ago, Molotov said:

But my point is that there was no disrespect in terms of vile chants that used to be the norm with Frank whenever he played against Hearts?

How do you know with that accent? 

MarriedThirstyCommongonolek-size_restricted.gif

20 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Thank you! 

You can see a section of the Hearts support turning their backs on the minutes applause. A horrible club with some horrible so-called fans. 

5640DC9B-E855-4798-BB7D-97F0B769D72A.png

1 minute ago, glenburn bud said:

You can see a section of the Hearts support turning their backs on the minutes applause. A horrible club with some horrible so-called fans. 

5640DC9B-E855-4798-BB7D-97F0B769D72A.png

Looks like the fannies in their ‘ultras’ type group who were bang in the middle of the stand. Never mind, back to school next week after the Christmas break kuntos.

13 minutes ago, Molotov said:

There was disrespect. The back turning thing and to be perfectly honest simply not clapping is disrespectful. How difficult is it to clap for a minute. These weren’t not clapping because they couldn’t be arsed or didn’t know who Frank McGarvey was. They weren’t doing because they are pathetic, immature, horrible c***s. 

17 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Gogic was pressing and closing down players faster than Olusanya and Gogic had been playing for 80minutes previous. 

Olusanya had one decent opportunity and completely wasted it. 

0/10

He's in good company  then.

All of our strikers today had more than decent chances and wasted them.

In fact in our two previous matches both Greive and Brophy had even better chances and wasted them.

Also, Gogic is a defensive midfielder, so I'd expect him to be far better at closing down than a winger.

23 minutes ago, AW saint said:

Brophy came on at Livi and changed the game; got a great assist. Was no surprise when he started at Killie, and he was unlucky to get subbed after 10 minutes for tactical reasons. To go from that to completely bombed out the team today was just odd and can only assume he’s on his way out.