The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

8 hours ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

A nothing incident in which we have been awarded 3 penalties against us for exactly the same thing.

Fair enough if that's not a penalty, then neither were the ones that have been awarded against us, in which case we have a right to be pissed off, surely? 

The VAR assistant didn't even give the ref the opportunity to have a look at it for himself. 

I wonder if these incidents will get the same media traction as Celtic’s have. They have been trying to convince us that only they are on the receiving end of these decisions and calling into question referee allegiances and insinuating bias.

1 hour ago, RudiSkacel51 said:

We might have been slightly fortunate with the handball shout for St Mirren but I honestly think it would have been really soft if it was given as a penalty and tbh the ball was heading out of play for a goal kick anyway. That's football imo sometimes you get the breaks and other times you don't

Along with the pundit on Hearts TV last night - was that Stevenson? - the reasons for it not been given are getting weirder.

He said well there’s no one behind the defender so maybe that’s why it wasn’t given. Are the position of other players now relevant to hand ball decisions? 

The ball was going out for a goal kick anyway? That doesn’t matter, even a little bit 😂 If a defender stood on the touch line with no one near him catches a ball headed out the pitch would that not be pen? 
The reality is it was a stonewall penalty and Hearts have got very lucky.  That should be all you need to say. 
Oh and the Gogic one wasn’t the same. His arm was in a natural position, not out stretched like he was doing the YMCA. 

2 minutes ago, DC92 said:

It's nowhere near a stonewaller. Some amount of outrage being generated by a still image from miles away showing the ball in front of his hand well after it hit his upper arm.

I didn't see the game, so I was expecting some borderline decision. Having seen it back from various angles it's as obvious a penalty as you're likely to see. He actually outstretches his arm to catch it then quickly brings his arm in. This video shows it more clearly:

https://twitter.com/scottmillar1/status/1614015849672724494/video/2

4 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

I didn't see the game, so I was expecting some borderline decision. Having seen it back from various angles it's as obvious a penalty as you're likely to see. He actually outstretches his arm to catch it then quickly brings his arm in. This video shows it more clearly:

It looks like he sticks his arm out because he thinks a St Mirren player is behind him and he wants to stop the ball getting to him he then changes his mind but it's too late and the ball hits his arm.

3 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

I agree that's what it looks like from that video, but I wouldn't say that's necessarily the clearest angle because it's hard to tell exactly where and when it hits him. 

The other angles aren't ideal either but it's easier to see where it hits him and where his arm is moving parallel to the touchline. 

More than 3 angles would've been good but surely anyone can agree that still that's being circulated showing the ball level with his hand is deliberately misleading bollocks. The contact was above the elbow.

Baccus was booked for a Snodgrass dive. It was a penalty all day long. Snodgrass should have been sent off. 

The result won't change but as a club we need to have someone look at these and the countless other decisions that are clearly wrong. 

It is ruining the game. Officials are poor and Var is a joke.

No surprise to see that the handball incident is being viewed strictly along partisan lines, with people, including the BBC's supposedly impartial pundit Michael Stewart, making up non-existant rules to justify their opinion.  The handball may indeed have been unintentional and the ball was harmlessly going out for a goal kick, but it perfectly fits the criteria that has seen 99% of players penalised for similar incidents in the past few months. The only question for me is whether the match officials were merely incompetent, or biased/swayed in favour of the home team.

Edited by Squonk

1 minute ago, Gorgie greatness said:

Surely the new Scottish football bible the VARdict will clear this up, save embarrassing the st mhirren fans any longer🤭

To be fair if the decision was against Hearts and we had won you would be annoyed too. 

9 minutes ago, btb said:

In the cold light of Saturday morning 1 point from 6 is probably what most people were expecting Saints to get from this double header and that's all that really matters. 

Sums up St Mirren in these two games. On one hand, I could sit here and type what I honestly think not many could argue against - we played very well in the first half in Paisley, took the lead, made several great chances, fell away in the second, but still took a point. At Tynecastle, held our own in the first half, well on top in the second, made many great chances, brilliant effort from the team and there really didn’t look much between the teams over the 180 mins.

This is also the St Mirren truth - in these two games, we took one point from six, had a man sent off for stupidity, and didn’t score one goal from open play.….

This is our biggest problem. Not referees, not VAR, not Robbie Neilson being the undoubted fanny that he is.😎

It's not a handball. I'd say thanks to the referees handing out penalties like sweeties for absolute f**k all handball decisions earlier in the season is a good reason of grievance for not getting one now. Plus you'd be fucking fuming(and probably have had it against you) for it being given against you.

For as difficult St Mirren are to play, and how great Robinson says they are, in two games they scored a wildly deflected free kick and shot a few dozen times into row z.

It wasn't a pen as he was trying to get out of the way of it, hopefully it's the start of some common sense on the handball rule.

Well organised and horrible to play against, same as Livi. I wish we could play that way against the OF.

15 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

It's not a handball. I'd say thanks to the referees handing out penalties like sweeties for absolute f**k all handball decisions earlier in the season is a good reason of grievance for not getting one now. Plus you'd be fucking fuming(and probably have had it against you) for it being given against you.

I must of imagined the Hearts fans on here claiming for a penalty against Gogic in Paisley. 

Our appeal was far more of a penalty last night.

39 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Sums up St Mirren in these two games. On one hand, I could sit here and type what I honestly think not many could argue against - we played very well in the first half in Paisley, took the lead, made several great chances, fell away in the second, but still took a point. At Tynecastle, held our own in the first half, well on top in the second, made many great chances, brilliant effort from the team and there really didn’t look much between the teams over the 180 mins.

This is also the St Mirren truth - in these two games, we took one point from six, had a man sent off for stupidity, and didn’t score one goal from open play.….

This is our biggest problem. Not referees, not VAR, not Robbie Neilson being the undoubted fanny that he is.😎

We are better, more resilient this season than previously but we should be now that we're all grown up and budgeting for seventh which means I'm looking to do do better than before which tbf  after a poor LC we are doing.

I know st mirren feel they deserved to take something from that game, but I felt Hearts were very wasteful, and should have scored more but for bad decision making.

Having said that, I felt we played some really nice stuff at times, and McKay's goal was sublime. 

Neilson needs to sort his pitch side antics out - to be fair. though, the ref actually agreed with him while giving him the first yellow, and RN must have lost his mind after successfully trapping the ball for the second.

Re the late penalty claim, the whole situation around handball needs to be looked at - from my point of view, it was a great cross - it flashed by a st mirren player and Toby Sibbick before hitting Rowles's hand - not a deliberate handball. but we've seen penalties given for those.

A win and a clean sheet for us, a great goal, a couple of good saves from Clark, and an excellent debut for Hill - Kuol did well when he came on.

Hopefully the injuries aren't too bad - Cochrane would be a big miss. 

Edited by paranoid android