The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

I've seen the handball back now.  I don't think it's a penalty tbh, but there's definitely softer ones been given.  He's trying to turn away and the ball is going out for a goal kick.

I expect plenty st mirren fans think it was but i'd put it in the same category as the Gogic one at the weekend, in that it shouldn't be a pen

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I've seen the handball back now.  I don't think it's a penalty tbh, but there's definitely softer ones been given.  He's trying to turn away and the ball is going out for a goal kick.

I expect plenty st mirren fans think it was but i'd put it in the same category as the Gogic one at the weekend, in that it shouldn't be a pen

I'm really struggling to keep up with these handball rules now. The direction of travel of the ball being a factor is a new one on me.

9 minutes ago, FTOF said:

That's pathetic from Snodgrass.

However, it's even more pathetic from the referee.

Players should get retrospective yellow cards for that diving cheating pish. 

I don’t know how players can do that and expect another professional player to take a yellow. 

No difference I guess from what Colquhoun and Robertson used to do in a maroon jersey. 

Baccus was a fcuking cheating b*****d on Saturday trying to “win” a penalty by diving.

Get this shit out of our game!

Just now, Molotov said:

Players should get retrospective yellow cards for that diving cheating pish. 

I don’t know how players can do that and expect another professional player to take a yellow. 

No difference I guess from what Colquhoun and Robertson used to do in a maroon jersey. 

Baccus was a fcuking cheating b*****d on Saturday trying to “win” a penalty by diving.

Get this shit out of our game!

Did Baccus not get booked on Saturday?

6 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Hand outstretched and tries to bring it in at the last second. 

Penalty all day long.

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

I'm really struggling to keep up with these handball rules now. The direction of travel of the ball being a factor is a new one on me.

They seem to make them up depending on who’s playing and where the game is and how many minutes are on the clock. 

St mirren are a horrible team to play against, really hard working, well drilled and physical. Throw the ball in the box as much as possible and hope something breaks off main etc. Not pretty to watch but there's more than one way to skin a cat I suppose.

Hearts were far too slow moving the ball and made it easy to shut down at times. Great goal when we finally got going.

Ref was God awful, penalty I didn't get a great view of but I'm so confused by what is and isn't deemed a handball now.

3 points, move on.

Just now, Molotov said:

Yes he did. The point I’m making is that he shouldn’t be trying that shit in the first place. It’s fcuking cheating. 

Agree.  Diving should get a yellow card.  

Handball in the box should be a penalty etc etc etc. 

5 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

My point is he's no trying to block a cross, make himself bigger at a shot or move himself toward the ball.  It's span up off the turf and he's tried to move out the way of it.

If he's thrown a hand out to stop it then obviously where the ball is heading is irrelevant, like the one Jordan McGhee gave away at Pittodrie

3 minutes ago, Aylo vanal said:

St mirren are a horrible team to play against, really hard working, well drilled and physical. Throw the ball in the box as much as possible and hope something breaks off main etc. Not pretty to watch but there's more than one way to skin a cat I suppose.

Hearts were far too slow moving the ball and made it easy to shut down at times. Great goal when we finally got going.

Ref was God awful, penalty I didn't get a great view of but I'm so confused by what is and isn't deemed a handball now.

3 points, move on.

According to Sky Sports, Hearts 12

Shots, St Mirren 19. 

Hearts had one great move in the first half, and one good break away in the second when Saints were throwing the kitchen sink. 

Edited by Bobby_F

We were fortunate to win but it's a huge 3 points because of that! St Mirren are a tough, well drilled, competitive and niggly side and they deserve a lot of credit for how they kept going. Certainly from what I've seen of the rest they have a very decent shout of sneaking into the top 6. 

We were pedestrian, at best, for far too much of that but of course had the quality on several occasions, including a great goal. to carve the Saints open. But much work to do on the formation and in integrating several players. 

Smith, Ginnelly and Halliday were all dreadful and need benched for Wednesday. Hopefully Kingsley is back, Grant should also get the chance beside Snodgrass and Kuol should make his first start in replace of the great hide and seek champion of Tynecastle, Josh Ginnelly. Hill had a superb debut, Clarke is going to be very close to Scotland No1 (he's now had as many clean sheets as Craig Gordon this season!) and it was a superb goal for McKay.

We move on to Wednesday and the opportunity to go 9 clear in 3rd. Will need to play better than that though!