The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

I'll take the points but we got away with that.

We're getting results but this formation really doesn't work for me. Three defenders passing the ball to each other and then overrun when it comes into midfield because we're outnumbered. You need your outside CBs to be really strong on the ball to make it work.

Not a great cameo from Humphrys. Decided to shoot when he could have played Kuol in and then when Kuol put him through with a perfectly weighted ball he somehow missed.

Hill looked decent.

Hopefully Kingsley is back and Cochrane and Halliday's injuries aren't serious because we can't be playing Forrest there again. We'll need to be much better on Wednesday regardless.

3 minutes ago, StellarHibee said:

Oddly enough, it's the same clubs that benefited more than others before VAR was implemented.

In that game, VAR disallowed a Hibs goal that was clearly offside, and 10 minutes later it ‘evened things up’ by giving them a penalty.  

We’re still waiting for the goal that got chopped off against Dundee United to be evened up.  

Ayunga scored, and VAR chopped it off for a supposed foul 50 seconds earlier.  

Yet to see a VAR decision like that since.  And that was the first round of VAR games.  

I was worried that we'd get rolled over tonight but we were the better side and should've certainly taken a point.

A lot of positives but yet again we're just not clinical enough. We had four strikers on the pitch tonight but only really worked Clarke at that one point when he had the double save. "If yer auntie had balls" type stuff but we could've had 9 points from Kilmarnock and the two Hearts games if we could take our chances.

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

There's no many players on Scottish football I'd love to see take a full face blooter on the puss from a mouldmaster than Andy Halliday.

Thank you Scott Tanser and your shite free kick. I will accept this as compensation for you being pish.

I thought we were abslutely pish.  Looked a penalty from where i was, but then Baccus should have been sent off just after half time, so we'll just call the ref pish and move on.

Playing a central 2 with Snodgrass isn't giving us enough in there, especially when your wing backs don't get forward enough.  Hill looked a good acquisition

15 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I'll take the points but we got away with that.

We're getting results but this formation really doesn't work for me. Three defenders passing the ball to each other and then overrun when it comes into midfield because we're outnumbered. You need your outside CBs to be really strong on the ball to make it work.

Not a great cameo from Humphrys. Decided to shoot when he could have played Kuol in and then when Kuol put him through with a perfectly weighted ball he somehow missed.

Hill looked decent.

Hopefully Kingsley is back and Cochrane and Halliday's injuries aren't serious because we can't be playing Forrest there again. We'll need to be much better on Wednesday regardless.

Yeah, taking a moderately paced free kick on the back of your napper can be really serious.  

Definitely wasn’t anything about trying to run down the clock. 

Thoughts and prayers.  

Just now, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I thought we were abslutely pish.  Looked a penalty from where i was, but then Baccus should have been sent off just after half time, so we'll just call the ref pish and move on.

Playing a central 2 with Snodgrass isn't giving us enough in there, especially when your wing backs don't get forward enough.  Hill looked a good acquisition

You'll need to see his two 'fouls' again. 

Bar some good play in the first half and that goal, Hearts were eyebleeding tonight. As per usual, we play half a game, if that but manage to scrape by.

Good: the goal, McKay, Snoddy, Hill, Gino, Kuol, Cochrane, Rowles and Clark who sprang into superhero mode after having little to do for most of the night.

Bad: Halliday, Smith, Devlin and Humphrys who did everything wrong in only a few minutes. He can't play Hibs every week.

Not a pen btw.

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Baccus shouldn't have even been booked in the first place though. 

Hearts have showed in the last week why they will scoosh 3rd again. Haven't played outstanding but have earned 4 points. 

1 minute ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

What for?

Genuinely interested.  

Remember him doing an innocuous trip on the edge of Hearts box, and ref surrounded by 4-5 Hearts players.  

And he shouldn’t even have been on a yellow at that point.  

2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Yeah, taking a moderately paced free kick on the back of your napper can be really serious.  

Thoughts and prayers.  

To be fair, I think he's had some pretty bad issues with concussion recently, something that isn't taken seriously enough in football imo.

3 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

Go have a wee look at both 'fouls' again. Baccus has been done really dirty by the referee and Robert Snodgrass.

This is what he got booked for. So tell us again he should have been off. If anything Snodgrass should have walked. His foul on Baccus should have been his second yellow following the booking for this.

Just now, Bobby_F said:

Thoughts and prayers.  

I'd have to see it again but he missed last week's game due to a head knock and had his head in his hands going down the tunnel. His substitution also forced us to play a right-footed winger who can't defend at left-wing-back for the last few minutes. That wouldn't be my first choice of timewasting sub.

2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

What for?

Genuinely interested.  

Remember him doing an innocuous trip on the edge of Hearts box, and ref surrounded by 4-5 Hearts players.  

And he shouldn’t even have been on a yellow at that point.  

Looked like a blatant trip when Snodgrass went past him and we were about to break.

I've only seen it once, so maybe no but once the ref has given the foul i think it's a yellow card all day.

Anyway, either way we played pish, the game was pish and I'll just take the three points and try to forget how bad Humphrys miss was

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Go have a wee look at both 'fouls' again. Baccus has been done really dirty by the referee and Robert Snodgrass.

This is what he got booked for. So tell us again he should have been off. If anything Snodgrass should have walked. His foul on Baccus should have been his second yellow following the booking for this.

Aye, that's no a foul, fair enough.  I thought it was a definite booking at the game but it's no.

Edited by Insert Amusing Pseudonym

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's pathetic from Snodgrass.

However, it's even more pathetic from the referee.