The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

3 hours ago, Billy_Gunn said:

Fear the worst tonight to be honest.. 

Hopefully not a complete spanking but can't see anything other than a Hearts victory.

On paper, Hearts probably looked more favourable on Saturday albeit we have a good home record, though we keep pulling great performances. There has been improvement on the road too, even when we have had players sent off we are picking up points. Hopefully after assessing them as soon as the weekend against us, we can pick up some weaknesses from them and where we can also improve. 
Strain and Baccus are key players and both had to pull up early in the game, though out replacements came in and did the job.

Can't say it's looking particularly positive going to Tynecastle given we're struggling with injuries and suspensions and Hearts are in decent form. If we can get anything from this game it's a good result. 

3 hours ago, Martin_T said:

We're long overdue to give someone an absolute tanking.

Awaits 0-1 defeat.

Think I've said that about us when we missed about three 1 on 1s via Hibs. Yet to happen however and I can't see it being the next couple of games where we're most likely to take a tanking 😂

1 minute ago, gannonball said:

Genuinely didn't know that was a thing in Edinburgh 

Even if there's limited chance of specific aggro, it just makes sense from a policing point of view.

Not optimistic tonight. Feel we've lost our way in the final third. We've got to be very ruthless, playing the way we do, but our strikers aren't taking what's coming to them.

46 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Apologies if already been asked but just seen this is on tonight but not on tv, how come its on a friday night?

Is it not because this is the rearranged one from when the QEII sank last year?

13 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

20230113_183511.jpg

That's not a bad side considering. Taylor starting worries me a bit given the level that he's come from but I guess we don't have any option. He's alongside 2 experienced guys though so that should help. Saw him described on twitter as being a bit rash. Maybe worth a wee fiver to be sent off at 28/1.

7 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

That's not a bad side considering. Taylor starting worries me a bit given the level that he's come from but I guess we don't have any option. He's alongside 2 experienced guys though so that should help. Saw him described on twitter as being a bit rash. Maybe worth a wee fiver to be sent off at 28/1.

That or the highly rated but literally just turned 16 about 4 months ago, Murray Campbell.

22 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Genuinely didn't know that was a thing in Edinburgh 

The fixture list keeps just one team at home as much as possible. With Dundee having two grounds on the same street it’s probably more important up there than here or Glasgow 

17 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Even if there's limited chance of specific aggro, it just makes sense from a policing point of view..

the police could probably cope with two games on the same day if it was strictly necessary, after all they deal with rugby internationals on the same day as football and I can’t see this or Hibs vs Dundee United being powderkegs

But this way both Hearts and St Mirren get an extra day to recover before facing Aberdeen and whoever it is you’ve got

13 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The fixture list keeps just one team at home as much as possible. With Dundee having two grounds on the same street it’s probably more important up there than here or Glasgow 

the police could probably cope with two games on the same day if it was strictly necessary, after all they deal with rugby internationals on the same day as football and I can’t see this or Hibs vs Dundee United being powderkegs

But this way both Hearts and St Mirren get an extra day to recover before facing Aberdeen and whoever it is you’ve got

We've got Celtic at Parkhead next, so I doubt the extra day will make much difference.