The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

I think you'll find that kickback and twitter are both on that Internet which was exactly the point being made.

No one is denying there are folk online who act like that, but I can honestly say I've never seen it manifest in real life in either direction. 

7 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I think you'll find that kickback and twitter are both on that Internet which was exactly the point being made.

No one is denying there are folk online who act like that, but I can honestly say I've never seen it manifest in real life in either direction. 

I only know two Hearts fans well. My mate and his son. They bang on about it all the time (albeit in a lighthearted way). His son was was only born in 1986 🤣.

I accept that’s not your experience though.

Don’t think we can just dismiss the internet and Twitter though like it’s not representative. It’s probably where the vast majority of supporters now spout their views. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I only know two Hearts fans well. My mate and his son. They bang on about it all the time (albeit in a lighthearted way). His son was was only born in 1986 🤣.

I accept that’s not your experience though.

Don’t think we can just dismiss the internet and Twitter though like it’s not representative. It’s probably where the vast majority of supporters now spout their views. 

I'm not dismissing the internet, was just agreeing with the point made earlier that the internet has done weird things to football rivalries. It allows you to be absolutely outraged about everything a club does, or instantly revel in bad news, whereas in real life if someone brought up St Mirren's accounts in the pub you'd look at them like they are mental. So while it seems like everyone hates everything, in reality it's just reactive pish.

Can imagine only Hill slotting into the starting lineup (weirdly think he'd be better as a ball playing RCB like Souttar was for us with Sibbick playing no nonsense in the middle of the 3, but that won't happen) out of our new signings. Kingsley and/or Halliday should hopefully be back so we'll have enough to not play Forrest a Wing back again.😑

Can imagine Kuol will come off the bench if we get him in time. Oda is nowhere near fit enough to play judging by the news around him so you've got a stay of execution there. The real fun is whether we can wrangle Paterson out of Sheff Wed in time but highly unlikely.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

SFA panel expected to rubber-stamp Kuol move
Brian McLauchlin, BBC Sport Scotland

The loan move to bring Australia international Garang Kuol to Hearts from Newcastle will have to be rubber-stamped by a three-strong Scottish FA panel.

Hearts have agreed a deal in principle for the 18-year-old forward, who joined Newcastle on a permanent deal on January 1 from Central Coast Mariners.

The SFA hearing is expected to take place on Thursday and if, as expected, Hearts are given the green light to sign the player he could go straight into the squad for Friday's home match against St Mirren.

Meanwhile, it seems that if a move to bring Callum Paterson to Tynecastle in this window is to be successful it may require the club to increase their offer for the former Hearts favourite. 

The 28-year-old is out of contract with Sheffield Wednesday this summer and is believed to be keen on a move back to the capital.  

For most of the week I've had the fear about Friday night, and been rueing more than ever only taking a point from Saturday.

We're below bare bones with injuries and suspensions, and Hearts are getting some key players back and have (or are in the process of making) some cracking signings.

And even if none of those new signings take to the field it'll increase the feel good factor on the terracing, and make the existing Hearts players up their game because of increased competition.

So... Hearts have better players than us, they'll be highly motivated, fans will be totally up for it, and they have have home advantage.

However... Celtic and Rangers are both better teams, and this season we've beaten the former and drawn with the latter.

We also seem to have a much stronger character than we've had in years past; so while Hearts are firm favourites I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we come away from this with a point.

53 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

SFA panel expected to rubber-stamp Kuol move
Brian McLauchlin, BBC Sport Scotland

The loan move to bring Australia international Garang Kuol to Hearts from Newcastle will have to be rubber-stamped by a three-strong Scottish FA panel.

Hearts have agreed a deal in principle for the 18-year-old forward, who joined Newcastle on a permanent deal on January 1 from Central Coast Mariners.

The SFA hearing is expected to take place on Thursday and if, as expected, Hearts are given the green light to sign the player he could go straight into the squad for Friday's home match against St Mirren.

Meanwhile, it seems that if a move to bring Callum Paterson to Tynecastle in this window is to be successful it may require the club to increase their offer for the former Hearts favourite. 

The 28-year-old is out of contract with Sheffield Wednesday this summer and is believed to be keen on a move back to the capital.  

Apparently he trained with us today. Would be good if they could get their finger out like, not even sure what the SFA need to approve. Does the panel not adjudicate on whether a player fits the description of an exceptional talent so they can get a permit? But he already has a permit, so it's not like they could rightfully block him signing.

28 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Apparently he trained with us today. Would be good if they could get their finger out like, not even sure what the SFA need to approve. Does the panel not adjudicate on whether a player fits the description of an exceptional talent so they can get a permit? But he already has a permit, so it's not like they could rightfully block him signing.

Was thinking this, not sure what it is the SFA even need to approve?

20 minutes ago, elvis said:

4-0 the jam tarts and that's just the first half .

😂 I can see why your fellow Buddies get upset with you from time to time.

This game will be uncomfortably close I fear.

2 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

For most of the week I've had the fear about Friday night, and been rueing more than ever only taking a point from Saturday.

We're below bare bones with injuries and suspensions, and Hearts are getting some key players back and have (or are in the process of making) some cracking signings.

And even if none of those new signings take to the field it'll increase the feel good factor on the terracing, and make the existing Hearts players up their game because of increased competition.

So... Hearts have better players than us, they'll be highly motivated, fans will be totally up for it, and they have have home advantage.

However... Celtic and Rangers are both better teams, and this season we've beaten the former and drawn with the latter.

We also seem to have a much stronger character than we've had in years past; so while Hearts are firm favourites I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility that we come away from this with a point.

Agree with all of this. Also have to say, however, that had auld Lizzy not died back in September and the entire country went a bit mad, we'd have been playing an injury ravaged and knackered Hearts in the middle of their Euro campaign while we'd have been at full strength.

The postponement and subsequent re-scheduling has undoubtedly been massively in Hearts favour. Those protestants, up to no good as usual.

Our home form in general has been good and we've scored plenty goals, 22 in the 9 league matches.

4 v D.Utd

3 v Hibernian, Motherwell, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone and Celtic

2 v Ross County, 1 v Livingston and the only blank in a dismal loss to Rangers. 

19pts out of 27 with the only losses to the Old Firm.

St Mirren are having a very solid season and shouldn't be taken lightly but for me everything points towards Hearts being too good tomorrow night. We will have a very strong bench and Neilson has more decisions to make than at any point in months, in terms of options with the selection. If we play with a tempo and start well and we tend to do that a lot better at Tynecastle than we do on the road, I think this could be a 3 or 4-1 type game. 

Looking forward to it, going to be a cracking Friday night atmosphere! 

Edited by Hendricks

30 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Agree with all of this. Also have to say, however, that had auld Lizzy not died back in September and the entire country went a bit mad, we'd have been playing an injury ravaged and knackered Hearts in the middle of their Euro campaign while we'd have been at full strength.

The postponement and subsequent re-scheduling has undoubtedly been massively in Hearts favour. Those protestants, up to no good as usual.

We've lost our captain and vice captain to a broken leg and a cruciate injury, its no been that much in our favour tbqfh

19 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

We've lost our captain and vice captain to a broken leg and a cruciate injury, its no been that much in our favour tbqfh

Yeah, I think Rowles is the only player who's come back from injury since then and a few have been added to the list.

Still, I agree this is probably a better time for us but I think the main difference between now and then is the attitude of the players. Feels like they stopped feeling sorry for themselves and started showing some mettle.

I'd like to think the resolve we've shown at Livingston and Kilmarnock in recent games is a positive sign that our away form is improving, but with respect to both those teams this is a step up in quality and with so many of our first choice XI missing this is going to be a tough assignment.

That said, this isn't the same as going to Ibrox or Parkhead, Hearts have weaknesses as we saw on Saturday. It's more difficult to exploit those away from home but it can still be done.

Main thing for me in games like these is not to concede early. If we lose an early goal we're fucked. We have to frustrate Hearts and their supporters as much as possible. We've lost the opening goal inside 15 minutes in 4 of our last 6 visits to Tynecastle and we've only managed one draw in that run of games.

Our last win there was nearly 10 years ago when we beat a Hearts team full of young boys 2-0.

Still, I love Friday night football and am really looking forward to a night out in the Capital!

HMFC are the home team, so I feel reasonably confident. Not going to get over confident though, because St Mirren are a good side, with a pretty shrewd manager. 

I do think we have a performance in us though, and I think there will be goals in the game. 3-1 HMFC.

We played Away at Killie with 10 men for 89 mins and Carson only had two saves to make. We can be a very difficult team to break down. Injuries and suspensions make our squad very weak. Hopefully Strain is fit (excellent player) but Flynn did a great job when he came in on Saturday. Touch and go about Gallagher being fit - hopefully he is.  Gogic is great in midfield but will likely be moved into the back line in Gallagher's place. Kiltie would come in for Gogic if that was the case. Biggest uncertainty is starting our new signing Richard Taylor from Waterford in the back line - a complete unknown. We can still rustle up a good starting eleven but will have Academy players on the bench which will be our greatest weakness.  Tight game with few goals but loads of excitement. Away draw.