The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

20 minutes ago, elvis said:

I stopped following Celtic when they were one of the best teams in Europe in fact the very last time I watched them as a fan was at love street when they beat St Mirren 6-0 ...

Sellick have only beaten St. Mirren 6-0 once in my lifetime which was last season at the piggery.

In fact, after checking  a historical database of results they have only ever beaten Saints 6-0 on three occasions, the other twice in the 1920s and both also in Glasgow.

Edited by Arch Stanton

15 minutes ago, Squonk said:

If Hearts are foolish enough to put all their new signings plus those returning from injury in the starting lineup, then Robbie Neilson deserves to lose all three points.

He won't.  I don't think any the new guys will start.  Kingsley will come back in, and rightly so

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I stopped following Celtic when they were one of the best teams in Europe in fact the very last time I watched them as a fan was at love street when they beat St Mirren 6-0 that's when I stopped being a glory hunter so I've had about 50years of watching St Mirren and 3 of my 5 boys are fans and despite being shite a LOT of the time we continue to turn up more in hope than expectation because that's what they do build up your hopes then kick you in the balls with abject displays time after time but still we turn up addmitedly at home this season they have been performing well but mark my word there's a boot in the balls coming sometime along the line there always is.

This is why you get shite off St. Mirren supporters. It's like you give praise grudgingly - you genuinely seem to be very unhappy when we are doing not bad and can't wait for the shite times to roll around again (which of course they will at some point) so you can rub folks' faces in it and say 'told you so'.

It's neither witty, nor clever to predict that we'll be rotten at some point in the future. All I can suggest is to enjoy the relative good times while they are here, you'll be deid soon FFS!

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Sellick have only beaten St. Mirren 6-0 once in my lifetime which was last season at the piggery.

In fact, after checking  a historical database of results they have only ever beaten Saints 6-0 on three occasions, the other twice in the 1920s and both also in Glasgow.

I was sure it was 6 maybe a cup game.

Edited by elvis

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

This is why you get shite off St. Mirren supporters. It's like you give praise grudgingly - you genuinely seem to be very unhappy when we are doing not bad and can't wait for the shite times to roll around again (which of course they will at some point) so you can rub folks' faces in it and say 'told you so'.

It's neither witty, nor clever to predict that we'll be rotten at some point in the future. All I can suggest is to enjoy the relative good times while they are here, you'll be deid soon FFS!

elvis will never die. He is not a real person but was created in 1877, which is why he was there in the 1920's to see us lose 6-0 to Celtic, and is the reason for the pessimism we all feel as Saints fans to varying degrees. elvis was responsible for Hammarby, the 2010 League Cup Final and all the cup semi final defeats in the 80's. Mess with elvis at your peril.

Whether it's at games or online or wherever it never ceases to amaze me how angry/miserable some folk get about football.

If it made me that fucked off I'd seriously chuck it and get a new hobby.

55 minutes ago, Div said:

Whether it's at games or online or wherever it never ceases to amaze me how angry/miserable some folk get about football.

There's only two games I have ever been fucked off with Hammerbay and league cup final against the *** .

2 hours ago, elvis said:

There's only two games I have ever been fucked off with Hammerbay and league cup final against the *** .

Agree those for me are probably the only two proper steel toecap tackity bit tae the haw maws.

Plenty others have made me fairly miserable though. The late equaliser to Hamilton costing us top 6 being one such example. 

4 hours ago, Div said:

Reminds me of some eejit who used to launch himself down the terracing stairs at Love St raging at some poor linesman 😂 

Whatever happened to him?

9 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

6 hours ago, elvis said:

I was sure it was 6 maybe a cup game.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Nope 

Perhaps you need to change your username to Walter.

As in, Mitty.

On 06/01/2023 at 12:15, VincentGuerin said:

The internet has done funny things to fitba rivalries. I met a St Mirren fan through work a while back and he was telling folk (everyone else was English) that there was 'a bit of heat' (!) between St Mirren and Hearts. It felt rude to make him lose face, so I waited until he'd gone before making it clear that there really isn't.

Think you owe your workmate a bit of an apology after looking at the breakdown of the tweets absolutely rejoicing in us posting a £1.5m loss.

Lot of really unresolved vitriol towards SMFC among the Hearts support it seems and a lot of them strangely not even old enough to have cracked out the Mach 3 blades yet.

Just saying...

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Think you owe your workmate a bit of an apology after looking at the breakdown of the tweets absolutely rejoicing in us posting a £1.5m loss.

Lot of really unresolved vitriol towards SMFC among the Hearts support it seems and a lot of them strangely not even old enough to have cracked out the Mach 3 blades yet.

Just saying...

Does that not support his point about the internet creating weird rivalries that don't actually exist in person? I go to Scotland games with a St Mirren fan and never had as much as close to an argument over Hearts and St Mirren. In fact we pretty much gang up on the Hibs fan in the group!

17 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

And to think we had Jambos on this thread trying to claim there was no bitterness towards St. Mirren 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Hilarious🤣🤣🤣

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/199058-st-lie-down-losses/

You should see the reaction on Twitter. I’ve never seen such a bitter and twisted shower of mutants.