The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

43 minutes ago, elvis said:

With the players Hearts are signing I expect an absolute hammering as opposed to just getting beat. 4-0 Jam Tarts.

Tbf I'm quite excited, but we've never actually seen any of them play. They could be shite! I think it'll really help the atmosphere though, people all of a sudden can't wait for it. It's always that bit more exciting when you have new players to see.

26 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Tbf I'm quite excited, but we've never actually seen any of them play. They could be shite! I think it'll really help the atmosphere though, people all of a sudden can't wait for it. It's always that bit more exciting when you have new players to see.

Don't know about the others but Kuol certainly doesn't look shite from what I've seen of him. Quite the opposite, a proper 'enjoy him while you have him' type player who is going to go on to have a very, very good career at a high level.

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Don't know about the others but Kuol certainly doesn't look shite from what I've seen of him. Quite the opposite, a proper 'enjoy him while you have him' type player who is going to go on to have a very, very good career at a high level.

Aye I'm excited by him. I don't think any of them look shite tbh, just trying to temper expectations.  Hill is a current England U21 and Fleetwood's record sale, and Oda is a current Japan U21. All seem to have a bit about them.

Just worry Kuol in particular gets unfair expectations put on him, he looks quality but he's still played very little first team football. 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

With the players Hearts are signing I expect an absolute hammering as opposed to just getting beat. 4-0 Jam Tarts.

I'd be surprised if any of them start. Maybe Kuol off the bench if his signing is ever actually confirmed.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Aye I'm excited by him. I don't think any of them look shite tbh, just trying to temper expectations.  Hill is a current England U21 and Fleetwood's record sale, and Oda is a current Japan U21. All seem to have a bit about them.

Just worry Kuol in particular gets unfair expectations put on him, he looks quality but he's still played very little first team football. 

I mean, precious little club football but in spite of that, still translated into minutes at the World Cup at just 18 should tell you the level of talent and potential that's there with the kid.

18 hours ago, elvis said:

I'm on record further back writing Hearts will win on Friday night have also told mates to put money on Hearts at 19/20 .  Can you share where and when you tipped St Mirren to win any game as every post I read of yours has us getting thrashed or beat . Its been pointed out to you many times over the years not just one season. I used to think you were a Morton fan until you admitted you were a former Celtic fan.  Personally I can't get my head round how anyone can just start supporting another club supporters In the most part have a emotional tie to their club I just don't get what your about  ? 

28 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I'm on record further back writing Hearts will win on Friday night have also told mates to put money on Hearts at 19/20 .  Can you share where and when you tipped St Mirren to win any game as every post I read of yours has us getting thrashed or beat . Its been pointed out to you many times over the years not just one season. I used to think you were a Morton fan until you admitted you were a former Celtic fan.  Personally I can't get my head round how anyone can just start supporting another club supporters In the most part have a emotional tie to their club I just don't get what your about  ? 

I'd like to think if I'd been brought up supporting Rangers or Celtic that I'd have chosen another club (ANY other club) to support once I was old enough to know better.

I'm kind of hopeful that the game will come too soon for the new signings.

Certainly don't see Oda starting, best I think you'll get there is a cameo off the bench.

Hopeful that Kuol doesn't sign before Friday!

39 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I'd like to think if I'd been brought up supporting Rangers or Celtic that I'd have chosen another club (ANY other club) to support once I was old enough to know better.

Your right of course Bobby. As a Saints fan do you predict a thrashing or defeat every game ? 

2 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

Your right of course Bobby. As a Saints fan do you predict a thrashing or defeat every game ? 

No I don't but Elvis is 'special'.

If we were at home to the Montrose U12 girls team he'd predict a thrashing.

55 minutes ago, ZingaliMan said:

I stopped following Celtic when they were one of the best teams in Europe in fact the very last time I watched them as a fan was at love street when they beat St Mirren 6-0 that's when I stopped being a glory hunter so I've had about 50years of watching St Mirren and 3 of my 5 boys are fans and despite being shite a LOT of the time we continue to turn up more in hope than expectation because that's what they do build up your hopes then kick you in the balls with abject displays time after time but still we turn up addmitedly at home this season they have been performing well but mark my word there's a boot in the balls coming sometime along the line there always is.