The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

I had no idea that they were reviewing something, but I noted there was minute left in stoppage time for us to get that free kick into the box.

Then when the delay became conspicuous enough for the penny to drop that they must have been reviewing something, I had no idea what it might be.

When the announcer pointed out that it was indeed a VAR review for violent conduct, I had no idea which team was under review, let alone which player. It was only the subdued tone of the announcer's voice that hinted it might be against us.

Looked like four minutes to get to the decision. Rivetting stuff.

26 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

What should he have done, instead of jumping over Olusanya? Injure him? 

The footage there shows him running away from the ball until the ball goes loose from Grant's challenge. THEN he slows down, turns and launches himself two-footed in an attempt to get the ball, landing his studs on Grant's shin. He even adjusts himself a bit before he jumps as he reacts to Olusanya's upward movement and still commits to it. There was no need to jump in and plenty of opportunity to stop himself.

If that's not a red card nothing is.

4 minutes ago, DC92 said:

The footage there shows him running away from the ball until the ball goes loose from Grant's challenge. THEN he slows down, turns and launches himself two-footed in an attempt to get the ball, landing his studs on Grant's shin. He even adjusts himself a bit before he jumps as he reacts to Olusanya's upward movement and still commits to it. There was no need to jump in and plenty of opportunity to stop himself.

If that's not a red card nothing is.

Can't argue at all. Fraser could have not jumped in there. Definite red.

It's a red card every single day of the week. You can argue about him trying to adjust the weight of his body to avoid seriously hurting the lad all you like but it connects and connects badly. That's all that really matters.

This one isn't even controversial in my book.

1 minute ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

If the chances that we had today fell to Brophey, we'd have been 3 up at HT.

But if yer auntie had bawz and all that...

Highly debatable. Has Brophy even scored a league goal in Paisley? 

It's all about opinions, but just viewed this from a few different angles and don't think it should be a red card, but can see the argument for it being reckless. I don't think it was reckless, Fraser looks like he had to hurdle his own player at speed to avoid a collision. 

My opinion doesn't matter though. Why are the two sides meeting up in 6 days at Tynecastle again?

Game should have been over by half time but Hearts had the better of the majority of the second half.

Two lucky goals, no complaints about the silly red card, and at the end of the day it’s another point, ten unbeaten at home and six unbeaten home and away.

Friday going to be a real test for the squad now as we go to Tynecastle without Dunne, Erhahon and Fraser who are all suspended whilst Strain, Gallagher and Ayunga could all miss out with injury along with the already long term absentee Tait.

Worst case Taylor will need to play alongside Gogic and Joe if we are to retain a three along with Tanser and Flynn. 

A midfield 3 of Baccus, O’Hara and Kiltie and then Main and either Alex or Brophy.

it’s not the worst but it’s still massive disruption and there will be little on the bench.

Hopefully Dec and Strain will recover in time.

Sub was a strange one today, how the fuck did Olusanya get on ahead of the Wolf?

4 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

The idea that it's impossible for a professional athlete to move his legs in mid air and land in a different position is certainly a hot take. The spot you land in isn't predetermined upon takeoff you daft yokels.

I've only seen the slow mo but would it have been impossible for him to go round the side of his teammate? Would have had much more chance of winning the ball.

2 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

I've only seen the slow mo but would it have been impossible for him to go round the side of his teammate? Would have had much more chance of winning the ball.

That's the other aspect of it which is beyond debate, jumping in is reckless play and was completely unnecessary. 

7 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

3 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

That's the other aspect of it which is beyond debate, jumping in is reckless play and was completely unnecessary. 

This is the part that makes it comical. It's like that kid when you got to play fitba at PE who had never played before and had no idea that you couldn't just launch yourself about. It's mad.

3 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Absolutely a red card. Our squad depth getting tested this season. Is there still a thing whereby a club can get cited for poor discipline? I can't remember ever receiving so many reds. We seem to be coping, by and large, but you have to feel it's going to take its toll eventually.

Don’t forget VAR has a lot to do with the number of red cards.

It was just stupid from Fraser. You can’t really defend that. If it had been an opponent jumping on a Saints player like that everyone of us would have been champing for a red.

I actually thought the ref had a really good game until maybe the last 15-20 mins when he made a couple of daft calls.

Until then he let the game flow whenever possible and correctly pulled up diving from both sides.

6 minutes ago, Div said:

It was just stupid from Fraser. You can’t really defend that. If it had been an opponent jumping on a Saints player like that everyone of us would have been champing for a red.

I actually thought the ref had a really good game until maybe the last 15-20 mins when he made a couple of daft calls.

Until then he let the game flow whenever possible and correctly pulled up diving from both sides.

Indeed.

Whether you agree or disagree on the end result, it was a needless challenge.