The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

43 minutes ago, Lex said:

Olusyana coming on before Brophy was weird too. Guy clearly isn't a footballer and was rightly hooked back off shortly afterwards. Seemed like a bit of a message from Robbo. 

From the individual that said Baccus was too lightweight.:lol:

Olusanya was hooked so that we could bring on a defender to fill Fraser's position. It's standard procedure to remove one forward and keep your best forward on, as Brophy found out last week. Only a fool would think otherwise.

23 hours ago, the snudge said:

I'm a Dumbarton fan but I'm working tomorrow and taking a person to the game and just want to say what a great club St Mirren are. They sorted out a ticket for the person I'm supporting and me. He's a massive Hearts fan but hasn't been to a Hearts game since the early 2000s due to an injury.  He's buzzing to go and they have sorted him out after a chance phone call. Much respect to those running that aspect of the club! 

If you see a Hearts fan in the main stand please be kind it might be him!

The fella enjoyed the game. Everyone at St Mirren are a credit to the club. 

The game was fairly decent. Shankland was playing way too deep for my liking. I was impressed by Main, Cochrane and Devlin most of all. Good atmosphere and a really healthy crowd. Thoroughly enjoyed my time at the game. 

20230107_145818.jpg

Edited by the snudge

52 minutes ago, Lex said:

FT 1-1
Quite the game of two halves, first 45 all us, second 45 all Hearts. Point fair enough then.
We actually started the half well. Main forced a decent save. Suspected we would regret all those missed chances and we did.
Hearts with one of those over hit crosses that I think bounced straight in.
They missed a couple of clear cut chances after that, one in particular a free header from about 8 yards, straight at Carson.
Third game with a sending off in a row for us now. Absolute VAR shambles at the end there. A five minute check results in Fraser going off for violent conduct and us losing a free kick that had been given before the violent conduct happened? Weird.
Olusyana coming on before Brophy was weird too. Guy clearly isn't a footballer and was rightly hooked back off shortly afterwards. Seemed like a bit of a message from Robbo. 
Onwards to Tynecastle, we have nothing to fear from this Hearts team. 

You say the second half was all Hearts. I don’t deny they were comfortably the better team after the break and fully deserved their point in the end, but even in the second half, we still had 2 or 3 clear chances to score. Our finishing is absolutely dreadful. If we’d had any level of composure or quality up front today, we’d have won that game at a canter. 
I’m not denying the shift put in by our forwards today, but by god our finishing needs to improve. 

On balance of play, I suppose a draw is a fair result.

Although, we should have been a couple up at HT.

Even with Heart's improvement in the second half they only troubled Carson twice. One of which was a rather fortuitous goal, due to our shite defending. The other was Shankland's header which was straight at him.

We forced their keeper into several saves in the second half.

I left thinking that we'd dropped two points and that we should have punished Heart's defensive mistakes.

Not a bad result considering we were without four first choice players.

Hearts moved the ball a lot faster in the 2nd half and were a different proposition all together. However, Baccus being subbed contributed to that as Kiltie wasn't as disciplined in closing down the space as the former is.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

On balance of play, I suppose a draw is a fair result.

Although, we should have been a couple up at HT.

Even with Heart's improvement in the second half they only troubled Carson twice. One of which was a rather fortuitous goal, due to our shite defending. The other was Shankland's header which was straight at him.

We forced their keeper into several saves in the second half.

I left thinking that we'd dropped two points and that we should have punished Heart's defensive mistakes.

Not a bad result considering we were without four first choice players.

Hearts moved the ball a lot faster in the 2nd half and were a different proposition all together. However, Baccus being subbed contributed to that as Kiltie wasn't as disciplined in closing down the space as the former is.

Agree on Kiltie. As good as he was against Killie, I thought he was poor today. 

47 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

The foot that hit the Hearts player clipped Olysuna as he hurdled him.  

That said, the slow motion replays show clear contact. 

All in all though disappointed not to take all 3 points. 

Six undefeated now, but 5 draws hurting.  

According to the BBC…..

Then defender was shown a straight red following a VAR check on his violent stamp on Jorge Grant,

14 minutes ago, FTOF said:

From the individual that said Baccus was too lightweight.:lol:

Olusanya was hooked so that we could bring on a defender to fill Fraser's position. It's standard procedure to remove one forward and keep your best forward on, as Brophy found out last week. Only a fool would think otherwise.

Robinson qas utterly seething at Olusanya from more or less 2 minutes after his introduction. 

He looked in danger of getting hooked at 11 vs 11 and the red gave him the opportunity to do so.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Robinson qas utterly seething at Olusanya from more or less 2 minutes after his introduction. 

He looked in danger of getting hooked at 11 vs 11 and the red gave him the opportunity to do so.

What was he raging at mate? He made a c**t of the chance he had, but he was hardly alone in that respect?

Other than that I thought he was neither brilliant nor shite. 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

You must be seeing things that I didn't.

He was fine when he came on. Robinson was going mental at every player for most of the second half.

In his time on the pitch Olusanya created a great chance for Main and made a great run, which unfortunately resulted in a finish which matched our other two strikers in its lack of quality. Then he won the free kick that wasn't at the end with some great play. Although, he did give the ball away twice before winning it back. Great entertainment!:lol:

Edited by FTOF

8 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What was he raging at mate? He made a c**t of the chance he had, but he was hardly alone in that respect?

He was raging at the boy for not closing down enough.

10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not pushing high enough up the park put of possession and cjashing down opposition players it appeared. I clocked at least 3 goes he had at him in particular.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Not pushing high enough up the park put of possession and cjashing down opposition players it appeared. I clocked at least 3 goes he had at him in particular.

Feck me, this was after editing 😛

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd be astounded if Olusanya plays for us again. Robinson was fucking livid with him during his entire stint today and no wonder.

Fraser is a red. It's not intentional but can 100% see why it was given.

As I said, he looks like someone who's won a "play for St. Mirren for the day" competition. 

Our Ali Dia.

46 minutes ago, FTOF said:

The message was to Brophy that he is now behind Olusyana in the pecking order…? 

Absolutely a red card. Our squad depth getting tested this season. Is there still a thing whereby a club can get cited for poor discipline? I can't remember ever receiving so many reds. We seem to be coping, by and large, but you have to feel it's going to take its toll eventually.