The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

Went for drinks in some shithole in Glasgow straight after the LC game in 2013. A stack of Hearts fans in the boozer and I have to say they were sound c***s, and with 20/20 hindsight I probably should have caught a bleaching.

Too old to care about the '86 Albert Kidd stuff.  I'd take 3 points over 2 games, and I'd rather see Hearts 3rd than Aberdeen. 

No crowd-wanking, just the truth.  

Out. 

I was at the game back in 86 and was gutted that we were thrashed by Celtic and that Hearts didn't win the League. Immediately afterwards I was surprised at the vitriol aimed at St Mirren from Hearts fans and some pundits  as if them losing the League had anything to do with St Mirren. They did it all by themselves. It became amusing but is now boring and I just do not see where their anger comes from however I feel it is dissipating. Time to move on.

I met a couple of Hearts supporters out in holiday in Cuba about 15 years ago. Both of them sound guys, I met up with them for a pint after a game at Tynecastle on Gorgie Road and they were there with about 5 or 6 of their mates.

Every one of them absolutely sound, there were a few wee gentle nudges about 86 and a couple of cheeky comments back but taken in good humour. 

Its obvious there's no more heat really between St. Mirren and Hearts as there is St. Mirren and St. Johnstone or Hearts and Motherwell. I think the Internet keeps it alive for a frothing mouthed minority, just like it keeps it alive for a select few in our support who bizarrely use a 5-0 skelping off of Celtic as a point of bragging for some weird reason.

It's the same way as many supporters in Scotland still love to point and laugh at us because we lost a cup final to 9 men but its done so grudgingly as the beneficiaries of our balls-up makes it a lot less sweet. Had we fucked it against Dundee Utd in that final or had Hearts' arse collapse let Aberdeen in for the title in 1986, both would have carried significantly more point and laugh material.

2 hours ago, Coventry Saint said:

Fucking hell. 

Just f**k off.

Yeah, saw that and gave him the benefit of the doubt as he's usually a decent guy on here.

Hopefully he'll correct it. If he doesn't and it's what he actually meant, he's an utter c**t. 

Edited by djchapsticks

2 hours ago, NorthBank said:

I was at the game back in 86 and was gutted that we were thrashed by Celtic and that Hearts didn't win the League. Immediately afterwards I was surprised at the vitriol aimed at St Mirren from Hearts fans and some pundits  as if them losing the League had anything to do with St Mirren. They did it all by themselves. It became amusing but is now boring and I just do not see where their anger comes from however I feel it is dissipating. Time to move on.

Never bothered me about Hertz fans holding a grudge (altho most of the trolling on this thread has come from us) that's part of what being a fan is - cherishing the memories good and bad. What always pissed me off was Oldco fans weighing into the debate always with the allegation that we were mini-Tims.

Hoping for a tear-stained aftermath like in our previous games...

Edited by btb

15 hours ago, Wilbur said:

1986, blah blah blah.

This debate is so tedious. Please stop.

Celtic didn't win the league, Hearts lost it. St Mirren had nothing to do with the outcome, Hearts f*cked it up.

Thump Clydebank and the title is as good as won by Hearts because goal difference would have been huge and surely insurmountable. Draw with Dundee, the title is won by Hearts. St Mirren can't affect these outcomes. Blaming St Mirren for Hearts failure to win the league is just pathetic and embarrassing, pure deflection from their own failure.

It's time for Hearts fans to accept it - your team blew it when it was within your own hands. But then, that would take balls so it won't ever happen. 

You should have stopped after the first two paragraphs. The rest is contradictory to a good initial point. Let it go.

Anyway, on to 2023. Can’t believe Halliday is out with concussion now. That’s 3 players now out with concussion today (really hoped Kingsley would be back today), not to mention the 3 ACL injuries and a double leg break. Genuinely, I can’t remember any club having so many first pick players out at once due to injuries. 

Definitely will be happy with a point and no more injuries. We need to attack as that’s where we are still strong. Hopefully a good game.