The big ol' Buddies - Jambos double header.

20 minutes ago, lennyzer0 said:

What a strange little man you are. A teensy bit obsessed too, it seems.

It's very weird. I can understand Dundee fans taking the piss to an extent, but from a St Mirren fan it's very odd.

Mind that time Celtic pumped us at home and won the league? YASSS!

Anyway, all the St Mirren - Hearts threads seem to go this way, which is slightly baffling, so I'm checking out of this one. Boring and all been done before.

Anyway

In September when we were supposed to go to Paisley Saint were enjoying a great run of form. From 13th of August to the first of October they won 5 out of 6 including a home win against Celtic.  They haven't entirely collapsed but since then they're a modest Pld 10 W2,D5, L3

Meanwhile no longer playing twice a week and the return of players from injury has seen Hearts form pick up and this trip is looking a lot less daunting than it did back then

The death of the queen appears to have done us a favour here.

4 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

The '86 stuff will always be what it is. I'm too young to bother about it, and I'm nearly 40, so make of that what you will.

But in the world of the internet, it will probably be one of these things that is dragged on forever by match threads like this and arguments on Twitter featuring people born 20 years after the event.

The internet has done funny things to fitba rivalries. I met a St Mirren fan through work a while back and he was telling folk (everyone else was English) that there was 'a bit of heat' (!) between St Mirren and Hearts. It felt rude to make him lose face, so I waited until he'd gone before making it clear that there really isn't.

There's a difference between people taking five seconds to post a picture of Dens, or typing 'St Liedooon' instead of St Mirren and people actually giving a f**k. Nobody is looking at the fixture list in July and wondering when we're playing St Mirren. Nobody gives a f**k how St Mirren have got on when we get back to the pub after a Hearts game. It's just the internet.

The youngest looking & worst member of the Hearts contingent on A View from the Terrace took time out to share his dislike of St Mirren on the TV show. All very pathetic considering it definitely happened years before his birth but very funny all the same and heartening to hear it eats away at him.

10 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Anyway

In September when we were supposed to go to Paisley Saint were enjoying a great run of form. From 13th of August to the first of October they won 5 out of 6 including a home win against Celtic.  They haven't entirely collapsed but since then they're a modest Pld 10 W2,D5, L3

Meanwhile no longer playing twice a week and the return of players from injury has seen Hearts form pick up and this trip is looking a lot less daunting than it did back then

The death of the queen appears to have done us a favour here.

The game in September was meant to be at Tynecastle. 

Plus those 10 games have included some pretty decent draws including a game against Rangers that should have been a win, a 2-2 at home to St Johnstone that we absolutely threw away and Mondays 0-0.

I wouldn't describe our from as 'modest' at all to be honest. I'd say any time we can get a run of 12 games and lose only 3 of them, we are doing not bad.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

The game in September was meant to be at Tynecastle. 

I stand corrected! Thankyou

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I wouldn't describe our from as 'modest' at all to be honest. I'd say any time we can get a run of 12 games and lose only 3 of them, we are doing not bad.

To clarify, I meant "modest" relative to what went immediately before as opposed to in some kind of absolute terms

Anyway Saints haven't lost at home since Motherwell on opening day while Hearts have lost at Pittodrie, Ibrox, Parkhead and the Macaroni Arena so a point over there wouldn't be too frustrating

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

As others have pointed out, losing 6-2 at Love St is not the way one goes about intending to win the league. Anyway, it's almost 40 years ago so 🤷 There are more recent painful memories involving St Mirren, namely the LC final and the Obika relegation game. A whole new generation of beef.

I think it'll be a fairly close pair of matches, but as someone else pointed out, one day Hearts are going to string together two excellent halves and absolutely batter someone. That said, I'd be happy with 4 points, and no more injuries 

12 minutes ago, Empty It said:

If I was a St Mirren fan I'd go down the beating us in the league Cup final instead of the "Celtic hammered us in the 80s" taunting route, each to their own though, weird bunch.

See whilst that was fun - and a lot of fun at that - it was a cup final. Great times but hardly banter material.

I prefer the mileage we got out of beating Hearts and then covid sending them down. Particularly after that amazing post on JKB with some dafty predicting that they'd love us to be relegated and shafted by the league being cut short for that very reason.

Was delicious.

Edited by djchapsticks

I'm a Dumbarton fan but I'm working tomorrow and taking a person to the game and just want to say what a great club St Mirren are. They sorted out a ticket for the person I'm supporting and me. He's a massive Hearts fan but hasn't been to a Hearts game since the early 2000s due to an injury.  He's buzzing to go and they have sorted him out after a chance phone call. Much respect to those running that aspect of the club! 

If you see a Hearts fan in the main stand please be kind it might be him!

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's very weird. I can understand Dundee fans taking the piss to an extent, but from a St Mirren fan it's very odd.

Anyway, all the St Mirren - Hearts threads seem to go this way, which is slightly baffling, so I'm checking out of this one. Boring and all been done before.

The Dundee fans on here are at least good craic. They weave the 86' patter into other stuff. It's more like a Stewart Lee gag with them, it's gone past the stage of being unfunny that it's funny again. Plus they have rivals in the form of the dayglow DABs. The St Mirren fans just seem like they're trying to orchestrate some sort of rivalry with us that isn't really there. Not surprising when their rivals are Morton though.

3 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

Maybe you are young and never experienced it in real time, but St Mirren (St Liedown?) fans and former players have had to deal with decades of Hearts guilt, tears and snot over your team’s capitulation and bottle crashing not just that day but throughout that season.

Have a safe trip through tomorrow!
Enjoy the game.

1 hour ago, Falcor Roar said:

The Dundee fans on here are at least good craic. They weave the 86' patter into other stuff. It's more like a Stewart Lee gag with them, it's gone past the stage of being unfunny that it's funny again. Plus they have rivals in the form of the dayglow DABs. The St Mirren fans just seem like they're trying to orchestrate some sort of rivalry with us that isn't really there. Not surprising when their rivals are Morton though.

I don't think you're rivals.

Just a shower of wannabe cream bun of wankers.

There. That should do it.:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

6 hours ago, VincentGuerin said:

My work here is done. 

1986, blah blah blah.

This debate is so tedious. Please stop.

Celtic didn't win the league, Hearts lost it. St Mirren had nothing to do with the outcome, Hearts f*cked it up.

Thump Clydebank and the title is as good as won by Hearts because goal difference would have been huge and surely insurmountable. Draw with Dundee, the title is won by Hearts. St Mirren can't affect these outcomes. Blaming St Mirren for Hearts failure to win the league is just pathetic and embarrassing, pure deflection from their own failure.

It's time for Hearts fans to accept it - your team blew it when it was within your own hands. But then, that would take balls so it won't ever happen.