Well v Hibs

Totally routine, no excuses loss there - things are looking bad.

Our central defence is honking at the moment obviously (the first and third were embarrassing from our point of view) but the number of 60/40 challenges in midfield that a Hibs player came out with against the odds was unbelievable and the lack of pressure on Hibs players in possession is pretty unforgivable. 

When you are clearly in relegation trouble, you need a bit of fight but the first half was as insipid and toothless as it gets and it's hard to see this current squad having what it takes to dig us out.

Thought Hibs were relatively decent and it didn't look like they were on a bad run - McGeady was their best player for me. 

18 minutes ago, superwellfan said:

Highlight of the day came from my dad:

"Watched an interview with that Patrick Swayze"

"Patrick Swayze?"

"Aye. Ex-Hibs French international"

"You mean Franck Sauzee?"

"Aye, Sauzee, that's it!"

The Muppets Laughing GIF

7 hours ago, Leith Green said:

The "somehow" is because the quality in the premiership is poor, outside of the top 2 (arguably the top 1.................).

Desperate to lump the Hertz in with the rest. Cute.

There is a clear gap in quality between Hertz and the rest as well. It's the reason why we're comfortable in third despite playing in Europe till the World Cup break, and will comfortably finish there again. Win our next two at home, which is likely, and we'll be miles ahead.

34 minutes ago, Elixir said:

Desperate to lump the Hertz in with the rest

I would have thought the reason I mentioned the top 2 clubs was obvious?

3rd place Hearts are closer to 12th place Ross County right now than they are to Rangers.........

6 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

I would have thought the reason I mentioned the top 2 clubs was obvious?

3rd place Hearts are closer to 12th place Ross County right now than they are to Rangers.........

In the last year or so Hearts fans have become extremely precious. One or two on here especially.

I've got to say, I like Porteous.  Yes, he's a complete c**t when he's in the opposition side but by f**k, what I'd give for someone like him in our defence or midfield right now.  I'd like to think I'd act exactly the same way he does if I was a professional footballer.  Create seething messes all over the stand at every away ground every other weekend?  Yes please!

I hope he does move on this window, though.  His work appears to be done in this league.  If the rumours about Italy are true, he should go there.  It'd be a superb move for him and Scotland needs quality centre backs playing at high levels.

The game itself?  Turgid bollocks.  We are soft as shite and lack any sort of quality.  A horrific combination.

13 hours ago, Elixir said:

There is a clear gap in quality between Hertz and the rest as well. It's the reason why we're comfortable in third despite playing in Europe till the World Cup break, and will comfortably finish there again. Win our next two at home, which is likely, and we'll be miles ahead.

Would you like to guess the last time Hearts won a game without also being given a penalty? It was in October, by the way.

14 hours ago, Elixir said:

Comfortable in 3rd by 3 points?

14 hours ago, kingjoey said:

In the last year or so Hearts fans have become extremely precious. One or two on here especially.

Indeed. There also seems to be an unhealthy obsession within their support of all things Aberdeen related (finances, stadium, manager).

55 minutes ago, AJF said:

Indeed. There also seems to be an unhealthy obsession within their support of all things Aberdeen related (finances, stadium, manager).

They're trying to convince themselves that they're the third force.

Two very poor teams trying to out poor each other. We put Hendo on and Motherwell still didn't take advantage so Motherwell outpoored us in the end.

Meanwhile Hertz boy thinks there's a gulf in quality between his club and the rest of the league on a weekend when his team had fight back to get a point against St. Mirren and are tied for the second most draws in the league. Funny. 

2 hours ago, Desp said:

I've got to say, I like Porteous.  Yes, he's a complete c**t when he's in the opposition side but by f**k, what I'd give for someone like him in our defence or midfield right now.  I'd like to think I'd act exactly the same way he does if I was a professional footballer.  Create seething messes all over the stand at every away ground every other weekend?  Yes please!

I hope he does move on this window, though.  His work appears to be done in this league.  If the rumours about Italy are true, he should go there.  It'd be a superb move for him and Scotland needs quality centre backs playing at high levels.

The game itself?  Turgid bollocks.  We are soft as shite and lack any sort of quality.  A horrific combination.

If we had someone like Porteous in our team, whether at centre half or in midfield, we wouldnt lose half the silly goals we do and we would be about 9 points better off than we are now. His trip on Sol in the closing seconds is a case in point. He saw what needed to be done and was willing to take a card for the team. We may not have scored, but he made sure we didnt and made sure the 3 points were going back along the M8.

Italy would be a great move for him, but if I were Hibs I wouldnt be letting him go unless it was silly money and I had a replacement already lined up.

33 minutes ago, Tommy Tappin said:

Two very poor teams trying to out poor each other. We put Hendo on and Motherwell still didn't take advantage so Motherwell outpoored us in the end.

Meanwhile Hertz boy thinks there's a gulf in quality between his club and the rest of the league on a weekend when his team had fight back to get a point against St. Mirren and are tied for the second most draws in the league. Funny. 

To be fair to Hertz and I don't really like doing it, but they played 6 games at a higher level than the SPFL (well 4 were), travel and injuries and fatigue/burnout. I don't think it's comparable to the other 9 who didn't. At present they are a level above the other diddy teams.

This league is a joke however, back to back wins and you go from worrying about a playoff to contemplating getting your passport out.

My team is devoid of character or nouse, I measure us against those with similar budgets and we're failing with a very poor return on our investments. I had my epiphany vs Killie and it was cemented yesterday.