Ayr United v Hamilton

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Not taking the piss mate, but watching your lot today you can see they're circling the drain. Just the demeanour of the players it's like they're in a  death spiral.

There are decent players who've been destroyed. I honestly think the Premiership years have killed the club - six years of relegation battles can't have done us any good, and last summer should've been the one where we reset and had a go at rebuilding. 

44 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

I thought in the last two meetings Hamilton looked half decent, but based on that today they look done. Like absolutely toast. 

The worrying thing is that I agree Hamilton were awful but we still laboured to our win. Been this way since November. The positive results we’ve had recently have been fortuitous.

A flat performance rather than a bad performance from Ayr. 

Hamilton couldn’t keep the ball and Ayr couldn’t do anything when they had the ball. 

Hamilton looked ok, they have nothing in the final third, they competed well enough in other areas but lacked any creativity or forward threat. 
Ayr played 5 in midfield and one up front and there was very little support for Akinyemi when we did break forward. 
Not a hard fought or deserved three points and we didn’t dominate or run riot but we didn’t look in any danger either and we took our chance. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A flat performance rather than a bad performance from Ayr. 

Hamilton couldn’t keep the ball and Ayr couldn’t do anything when they had the ball. 

Hamilton looked ok, they have nothing in the final third, they competed well enough in other areas but lacked any creativity or forward threat. 
Ayr played 5 in midfield and one up front and there was very little support for Akinyemi when we did break forward. 
Not a hard fought or deserved three points and we didn’t dominate or run riot but we didn’t look in any danger either and we took our chance. 

You must have been at the burger van when Accies had a sitter cleared off the line.  We never looked like scoring from open play.

2 minutes ago, Nelson said:

You must have been at the burger van when Accies had a sitter cleared off the line.  We never looked like scoring from open play.

Apart from they cleared two off the line, Chalmers nearly scored, Hewitt nearly scored and Mullin was a bawhair away from scoring from a McAllister cross. 

We weren’t great today but we were still comfortably the better team and could’ve scored more if the final pass or finish was a wee bit better. 

49 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone see those two lunatics at the end (think they were Hamilton fans), with the mic and boom box? Random and I was wishing I was on what they were on after watching that dire game

Initially I found it funny then quickly felt sympathy for their plight. Took me back to the last days of the Mark Roberts era. 

20 hours ago, edinburghhonestman said:

Felt like we never really got going. The midfield were really disjointed after losing Murdoch really early and Dipo was left isolated with no-one up beside him. As well as the three points the big plus was the return of Alex Kirk. Looked liked he'd never been out.

Ye, agree with all that (especially Kirk who has been missed). Reckon the state of the pitch didn't help and I even found myself wishing we were playing on some plastic-shit for a change because we would have moved the ball a lot quicker and got players further up the park to support Dipo. But 3 points and a good spell of weather before next week please.