Raith Rovers Vs Dundee FC - 06/01/23

Lucky to get away with that point in the end. Murray again far far too late with his changes that the whole south stand could see were needed. We needed to stop their momentum but instead invited sustained pressure onto us.

It'll probably turn out to be a good point in the end but tonight is probably the first time I've really started to question Murray. 

terrible 1st half yet still should have scored 2....2nd half much better and apart from the 1st 5 mins and last 1 min there was only 1 team in it...one thing marshall gets booked for his 1st foul yet the raith player gets away with a deliberate elbow in the 1st couple of mins

47 minutes ago, renton said:

Lack of depth hurts us. When the possession plan A goes south, it'd be nice to have Matthews fit to change for Spencer and make the midfield more compact and more combative. To have Ethan Ross available to give us a bit of directness and pace from out wide.

Having said that, Murray was slow with the only sub option he had - bypass the midfield and go long to two not very good lumps. Frederiksen looked nearly competent in his two minutes, to be fair.

Yeah was saying the same thing about Matthews and it goes without saying Stanton was missed. 

Also agree about big Frederiksen. It was only a couple of minutes of course, but he actually did alright anytime the ball came to him. 

23 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

Lucky to get away with that point in the end. Murray again far far too late with his changes that the whole south stand could see were needed. We needed to stop their momentum but instead invited sustained pressure onto us.

It'll probably turn out to be a good point in the end but tonight is probably the first time I've really started to question Murray. 

Unfortunately Murray has nothing on the bench to change or stop the momentum

Edited by Rovers_Lad

That was really entertaining, enjoyed it a lot. Friday nights games are infinitely better, excellent atmosphere at times. Thought dominated the game until Gullan and Vaugha lm ran out of steam and stopped holding it up. As soon as that happened, the ball just kept on coming back at us and we got deeper and deeper. The equaliser was coming for a long, long time before it finally happened.

Few other points:

When (if) big John finally scores I’ll be on the fucking park, no doubt. Did alright in his 90 seconds or whatever it was. 

Some incredibly heavy handed stewarding tonight. c***s in jackets taking great delight in chucking 10 year old laddies out for seemingly not a lot. 

Looking forward to seeing that shot that hit the post and ended up back in MacDonald’s hands. Dundee fans have got a cheek slating his hair when they’ve had Paul McGowan turning out for them for the last however long. 

Edited by Hank Scorpio

13 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Dundee done absolutely nothing 1st halve Rovers dominated 2nd half Dundee dominated so a game of 2 halves so to speak , Draw a fair result IMO 

Dundee missed the easiest chance of the game first half.

I've seen that match play out so many times at Stark's. We were the better side for an hour or so and then go into our shell and let Dundee take the initiative. In the end we're hanging on. Murray way too slow to spot the signs which we could all see in the South Stand. In the end a point each is fair but Dundee were bang average at best and there for the taking, so overall pretty frustrating.

Thought it was a fair result on the balance play. Superb first half but the pressure was always going to tell second half. Would have liked us to be a bit more ambitious after we conceded but in fairness we did have a go the last few minutes. Murray alluded to what the players had been dealing with on the whole financial/takeover thing in his post match interview. Hopefully he can create a more cohesive group as a result. 

Still think we have enough as a team to avoid relegation. Really enjoyed the game and atmosphere. Also, Friday night football is class. 

Just now, Louis Litt said:

Some gut Jamie Macdonald has ended up with BTW. 

Yeah, still a very good goalie at this level but no doubt he’s a little on the bigger side now. I get the feeling this might be his final season. Injuries are affecting him in nearly every game. 

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Looking forward to seeing that shot that hit the post and ended up back in MacDonald’s hands. Dundee fans have got a cheek slating his hair when they’ve had Paul McGowan turning out for them for the last however long. 

Won't be the case any longer though, Gowser's finally got the hair (if anything) sorted.

image.png.e70d445ab8cfa05f0dcf6a4867ce814a.png

Considering the weirdness of his current injury that he can't seem to shake, I'm honestly starting to think he sacrificed his career for the full heid of hair, monkey's paw style.

33 minutes ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

I didn't see the game, but there was absolutely f**k all on that bench.  

3 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Won't be the case any longer though, Gowser's finally got the hair (if anything) sorted.

image.png.e70d445ab8cfa05f0dcf6a4867ce814a.png

Considering the weirdness of his current injury that he can't seem to shake, I'm honestly starting to think he sacrificed his career for the full heid of hair, monkey's paw style.

Fair play, looks good. If only there was an operation he could get to stop being an irritating wee dick. 

6 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Thought it was a fair result on the balance play. Superb first half but the pressure was always going to tell second half. Would have liked us to be a bit more ambitious after we conceded but in fairness we did have a go the last few minutes. Murray alluded to what the players had been dealing with on the whole financial/takeover thing in his post match interview. Hopefully he can create a more cohesive group as a result. 

Still think we have enough as a team to avoid relegation. Really enjoyed the game and atmosphere. Also, Friday night football is class. 

What did he say? 

1 minute ago, CALDERON said:

I didn't see the game, but there was absolutely f**k all on that bench.  

Yeah I think it's a it harsh to criticise Murray for that. Of that bench, rightly or wrongly, Connell is the only one that Murray has given any decent amount of game time to so he was never going to be chucking on the likes of McBride and Frederiksen with 20 minutes to go.