Raith Rovers Vs Dundee FC - 06/01/23

Since @johnnydun's remarkable record was ruined today, I thought I'd give it a go again.

Imperative we bounce back for this one. Couple of tough fixtures coming up and Kirkcaldy away on a Friday night isn't exactly easy either despite Raith's current standing.

On the plus side, MacDonal is back to anchor the defence, and Nolan, Lang and Dick all look capable at CB. LB is a possible concern with Ngwenya quite possibly out, but Young is available if needed as backup for Dick. Midfield is a capable as ever, at least until the penalty area, if Dundee is as generous to our non threatening attackers as they were to the Smokies, we could do quite well here…otherwise we could easily be looking at yet another turgid 0-0/1-0/0-1/1-1 excitement fest.

So just what happened, besides the Davo like mental flip out from Williamson?

I can't wait for our first game of 2023. Seems odd we weren't playing today though. Ahem.

I'll probably struggle to get to this, so it'll be BBC Scotland for me. 

3 points a must to get back on track. 

No idea what to expect here but we need to win. 

Hopefully Gal switches the pack about. 

Any news on incomings and outgoings? 

McGinn should be off soon!?

Thank you. 

Edited by Girth

13 hours ago, Raithie said:

We've been utterly rancid this season. The fact a win* here puts us 4 points behind the footballing powerhouse of Dundee would be quite radge. 

*we won't win though. 

Utterly rancid? Depends on your perspective. We’ve been pretty good in many of the games at Starks that I’ve seen. Admittedly we’ve went off the boil in recent times.

3-2 to Rovers. Connolly hat-trick.

35 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Mental that a team as box-office as us can get more than half way through the season without having a game picked for the TV. 

They didn’t want to scare the bairns by televising our play, but now they have no choice.

6 minutes ago, Raithie said:

So what's that, about one game? 

Tut tut…it’s (quick check) 8 games. W6 D0 L2. Good return. Stopping going in November and returning in March is also a good strategy. Something I’m stupidly thinking of going against.

Should be a tough game as we’re definitely not firing on all cylinders but are capable against any team (except Inverness obviously), Dundee will be looking for a reaction to their defeat at the hands of Arbroath.  Quite glad it’s a home tie as we certainly seem to play better at Starks Park than on the road. Hopefully a decent crowd for this despite being on TV and a bit of atmosphere.  

2 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Tut tut…it’s (quick check) 8 games. W6 D0 L2. Good return. Stopping going in November and returning in March is also a good strategy. Something I’m stupidly thinking of going against.

So the annual collapse after the clocks change is actually your fault? 

13 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

So the annual collapse after the clocks change is actually your fault? 

I am entirely blameless.

However, despite the change of personnel and pitch type over the years, the team does seem to fairly regularly come unstuck when the clocks go back.

Hopefully the Arbroath game was a bad day at the office. We surely can't be that bad again. 

I'd like to see us switch back to a 3-4-1-1/3-5-2 in this one. That formation started our good run and the Arbroath game showed us how terrible we are defensively. 

I don't care if he is a natural left back - get Marshall out and put Kerr in his place. I like Robertson but he was so bad last game that he simply does not deserve to play. FFS get someone up beside Rudden too.

Queens Park are threatening to run away with this now and were the best footballing side I've seen all season against Dundee...even with a 3-0 loss. 

Just win.

5 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Hopefully the Arbroath game was a bad day at the office. We surely can't be that bad again. 

I'd like to see us switch back to a 3-4-1-1/3-5-2 in this one. That formation started our good run and the Arbroath game showed us how terrible we are defensively. 

I don't care if he is a natural left back - get Marshall out and put Kerr in his place. I like Robertson but he was so bad last game that he simply does not deserve to play. FFS get someone up beside Rudden too.

Queens Park are threatening to run away with this now and were the best footballing side I've seen all season against Dundee...even with a 3-0 loss. 

Just win.

If it makes you feel any better, I doubt any Rovers fan is looking at this with any hope.

10 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Just win.

Agree with the back three, think it was changed because of illness/injury, need to get it back now. Would rather have Kerr at lb than Marshall, who should only be used in an emergency. Would get Byrne back in also.

Thank you.