Partick Thistle 2 🔴🟡 Vs Greenock Morton 1 ⚪️🔵

40 minutes ago, Doolan9 said:

Do you genuinely believe otherwise?  seriously??? In your head you believe that’s not true 😂😂😂 Bar perhaps Arbroath I haven’t seen any team in this league play such ugly football as your lot have across the 3 games. Totally reliant on long throws and set pieces. If you truly in your head believe otherwise than I think you should seek help pal. Look it’s clearly been working for you judging by your league position. Football can be won in whatever way works. But if you are trying to deny this fact then I really don’t know what to tell you.

It's ironic considering Partick were the hammer throwers today. As for seeking help....thanks for that advice.  

52 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

Onto a rant. Brian Graham is a very good striker at this level but the way he goes in elbows flying needs to be clamped down by officials.  He injured big Efe and also caught O'connor too. I don't mind a bit if afters at the end of the game however I'd have rather seen the likes of Grimshaw deal with Graham during the game.

Brian Graham wasn’t involved in the incident that saw Efe Ambrose get injured. 

Just now, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Brian Graham wasn’t involved in the incident that saw Efe Ambrose get injured. 

Don't get in the way of his delusions 😂

He's hurting.

• jagfox changed the title to Partick Thistle 2 🔴🟡 Vs Greenock Morton 1 ⚪️🔵
1 hour ago, ALJAGS76 said:

Screenshot_20230107_200011_Chrome.jpg

Fouls awarded in a game can be safely binned as any reliable measurement with Alan Muir 'officiating' the match. A time-honoured, incompetent tool.

The end of our unbeaten run has been coming during our endless parade of away matches. Holding on to a draw would have been a very good result from our play-off point of view, but it could have been the Raith game when we shipped a goal instead.

So long as we respond by getting three points against Hamilton (away, yet again) next week then we'll be in a strong position. 

As always I hate to jump in on the why, what's and who!

Sadly we came for a draw, got battered by ramrod and lost it giving away a poor corner.

Look forward to the highlights which might clear up a few incidents.

Alan Muir started as he intended looking for home happy clappers approval.

All in all a typical January kick about.

Enjoy bursting our run bubble might help us as we seem to be playing for draws in this extended away series of games. 

Forward addition needed to cement top 4 push.

Just watched the highlights, and looks like it might’ve been a good spot by the referee for the penalty.

Second goal is an own goal. Schwake also should’ve done better on the initial ball in than palm it out for a corner, imo. Looked like he flapped at a couple of crosses too, which isn’t ideal. 

Our midfield looked well off the pace today, with Muirhead & Quitongo pretty ineffective too.  Most frustrating was our willingness to sit off and let Partick have possession of the ball for long periods of the second half, to the point where I felt their winner was coming.  When we did have the ball we were pretty wasteful with it and made a lot of misplaced passes, as well as failing to pose much of a threat from set pieces.  Also seemed to lose out on every second ball.  

To that end I would say we probably got what we deserved from this game.  Some questionable refereeing decisions aren’t an excuse for putting in that sort of performance and losing to a fairly unimpressive team (albeit one who done more on the day to earn their win).

It’s been an impressive unbeaten run but had to come to an end some time.  Hopefully we get a couple more bodies in soon and can start a new one

Edited by Vril

18 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Just watched the highlights, and looks like it might’ve been a good spot by the referee for the penalty.

Second goal is an own goal. Schwake also should’ve done better on the initial ball in than palm it out for a corner, imo. Looked like he flapped at a couple of crosses too, which isn’t ideal. 

I noticed for the corners leading up to the iwnning goal we had three players at the halfway line. Not sure if this was because Morton had two players around the same area. This left five players to attack the corner and even then we had one guy at edge of the box and I'm sure I counted three in the area for one of the set-pieces. I was doubtful we would have much joy even though that looked out best/ only chance of getting a winner.

d91.gif.98ba4ad7a36cfabca606a847047d4c86.gif

Alan Muir started as he intended looking for home happy clappers approval.

Some questionable refereeing decisions aren’t an excuse for putting in that sort of performance and losing to a fairly unimpressive team

We lined up with a pretty flat midfield and Hodson filling in for Harry Milne at left back so we were never likely to score a barrowload of goals today. 

Surprised to see that McCall thought we were great in the first half but I'd agree with him that the final ball was poor.

Not seen highlights but I was sure Danny Mullen had the final touch certainly from a Thistle player so an og makes sense. Giving Baird a goal at each end. Very generous of him.

I wasn't at Cappielow for the last game but there has been a major improvement in general in Morton since I last saw them getting pumped 5-1. 

We have the best form at home in the league but our away form is honking, third from bottom averaging a point a game.

9 minutes ago, Vril said:

Our midfield looked well off the pace today, with Muirhead & Quitongo pretty ineffective too.  Most frustrating was our willingness to sit off and let Partick have possession of the ball for long periods of the second half.  When we did get the ball we were pretty wasteful with it and made a lot of misplaced passes, as well as failing to pose much of a threat from set pieces.  Also seemed to lose out on every second ball.  

To that end I would say we probably got what we deserved from this game.  Some questionable refereeing decisions aren’t an excuse for putting in that sort of performance and losing to a fairly unimpressive team (albeit one who done more on the day to earn their win).

It’s been an impressive unbeaten run but had to come to an end some time.  Hopefully we get a couple more bodies in soon and can start a new one

Fully agree that they were much the better team in the second half and we should be focusing on our own f**k ups leading to that, but I don't think there was a deliberate choice to sit off in the second half as much as the players no longer having the legs to keep pressing so not being able to do anything else. You never know with 3 weeks between games whether the break is going to do you good with the players fresh as a result or if it's going to affect their sharpness, and it certainly seemed to be the latter with the way we tailed off in the last 20 minutes.

This is where we really need to start using the squad more. Since sorting ourselves out after the first game at Firhill we've had several instances where our only sub has been Kabia for McGrattan or vice versa, and now we have Miller taking the place of Kabia for that swap. Yesterday Quitongo and Muirhead were both clearly done in after 70 minutes while Blues and Crawford were also struggling to keep the intensity up. With 10 minutes to go Quitongo could hardly walk never mind run, but we didn't get Garrity ready to replace him until the corner before the winner.

If we'd had Garrity on for Quitongo and King for Blues or Crawford it might not have changed the result, but we'd certainly have managed to press the ball higher up the park. We have a small enough squad as it is without refusing to use subs when starters are done in.