Partick Thistle 2 🔴🟡 Vs Greenock Morton 1 ⚪️🔵

Morton are the first-footers of 2023 at Firhill. I don't think they've lost a league game since their last visit, which is good going in anyone's book.

We've had a mid-term meltdown, an injury led collapse and even binned off the old board in the intervening period.

Efe Ambrose has rocked up down the water and The Ton are giving a good season to date.

Thistle? Not so much.

We really need a win to get some forward momentum going again. It certainly won't be easy.

Edited by jagfox

In isolation I'd be happy with a point from Thistle away, but having drawn our last two, I'm hoping we can take the full 3, otherwise we are bound to fall further  behind the leaders. 

Team hasn't played a lot of football over the last month or so,  Sat will be just our 3rd game in the space of 4 weeks, so should be fresh and raring to go. Calvin Miller added to the squad today so he will be good competition down the left hand side. Hopefully we see 1 or 2 more sooner rather than later as we don't have great attacking options off the bench. A striker this week would be magic.

Our 10 league game unbeaten run will end eventually. If it does on Sat, we have the bottom 2 next to hopefully bounce back.

Expecting a tight game but one we can win, 

1-2

1 hour ago, madton said:

In isolation I'd be happy with a point from Thistle away, but having drawn our last two, I'm hoping we can take the full 3, otherwise we are bound to fall further  behind the leaders. 

Team hasn't played a lot of football over the last month or so,  Sat will be just our 3rd game in the space of 4 weeks, so should be fresh and raring to go. Calvin Miller added to the squad today so he will be good competition down the left hand side. Hopefully we see 1 or 2 more sooner rather than later as we don't have great attacking options off the bench. A striker this week would be magic.

Our 10 league game unbeaten run will end eventually. If it does on Sat, we have the bottom 2 next to hopefully bounce back.

Expecting a tight game but one we can win, 

1-2

Do we know where Miller will play? Think he’s predominantly played LB most of his career but is able to play further forward too. Can’t see him taking Strapp’s place any time soon, but I expect him to be a better option than Kabia off the bench. 

Sneddon 

Milne Holt Muirhead McMillan 

Bannigan  Docherty 

Turner 

Fitzpatrick   Graham     Lawless 

With tiff on the bench i reckon we should have enough. That being said Morton are a decent side and i expect it to be close. 2-1 Mon the jags

We appear to have joint-best home record in the division (whereas our away form is dreadful), so from that alone I expect us to be better than the QP match. A repeat of the last time Morton visited Firhill would be welcome but I can’t see it, think it will be a very tight affair. Bannigan coming back from suspension will hopefully be a boost.

Edited by JagsCG

26 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Robbie Muirhead will score. Beyond that, don’t know how this will go.

Having Bannigan and (hopefully) Tiffoney available would be very nice.

is Lewis Strapp actually going off to Georgia? I don’t fancy shiteing it every time you get a throw in again. 

There's been nothing beyond paper talk that we know of.

Some worry the Calvin Miller signing is to replace him. Others think he's an option for further forward that we also need.

Expect Strapp to be here Saturday.

Screenshot_20221112_222420.thumb.jpg.41240675aa90863778e13dd682556c15.jpg

3 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

There's been nothing beyond paper talk that we know of.

Some worry the Calvin Miller signing is to replace him. Others think he's an option for further forward that we also need.

Expect Strapp to be here Saturday.

Screenshot_20221112_222420.thumb.jpg.41240675aa90863778e13dd682556c15.jpg

That image haunts my nightmares 😭

Yes need to remove these streaming restrictions for lower league teams who's fans aren't likely to go to premier league games. It's a welcome income stream and classified as carbon neutral.

On my visit earlier this season I fell foul of the parking restrictions caused by the cycle lane expansion.

Normally a trip to Firhill would come into the 20 minutes travel category but if parking is an issue what's the best public transport option.

Could get subway to Cowcaddens, if not on strike, and a bus up to the park?

Just now, Paisley Ton said:

Yes need to remove these streaming restrictions for lower league teams who's fans aren't likely to go to premier league games. It's a welcome income stream and classified as carbon neutral.

On my visit earlier this season I fell foul of the parking restrictions caused by the cycle lane expansion.

Normally a trip to Firhill would come into the 20 minutes travel category but if parking is an issue what's the best public transport option.

Could get subway to Cowcaddens, if not on strike, and a bus up to the park?

There should still be plenty of parking availability near the ground. Either north of the ground on and around Murano Street, or down near the Woodside Inn (Napiershall Street, North Woodside Road).

If you go by public transport, the subway will be fine as it is not affected by the rail strikes. St George’s X and Kelvinbridge are closer than Cowcaddens and are about a 10-15 walk to the ground.

21 minutes ago, DreamOakTree1 said:

Does the No. 75 bus go anywhere near Firhill? If so I could get it from my house in Croftfoot.

It goes past Cowcaddens up towards Possil and Milton so if coming from town you got off at the stop next to St Joseph's Primary on Garscube Road before it turns onto Possil Road then Firhill would be about a 15mins walk up Garscube Road from there.

ETA - or get off once it turns onto Possil Road and then walk along the canal and cut down onto Firhill Road, might be slightly closer.

Edited by Pie Of The Month

1 hour ago, TONTROOPER said:

Same crap I experienced before.

No printer for your PC?......youre feked.

No ticket.

Fek the Jags

When playing  Ayr even though they advertised no tickets on the day they openly sold tickets to Ayr fans from their ticket office