Which team in Scottish Football has had the most fraud managers?

20 hours ago, craigkillie said:

In my entire time watching Killie, I can only think of three managers who could fall into the "fraud" category, which are Locke, Alessio and Dyer. We've had other managers who haven't done well for us, but I wouldn't call them frauds, it just hasn't worked out for them.

Lee Clark was one. An absolute used car salesman of a guy. 

On 04/01/2023 at 08:52, The Wrong Car said:

I might be wrong but did he not take charge of a cup game against Albion Rovers and had the Italian physio as assistant? It might have been the game that Ewan Moyes scored an absolute peach of an own goal

My limited memory was that he was appointed at the end of the season and by the time things kicked off again he had been replaced. Having a quick check, Moyes did score an own goal against Albion Rovers but that was in the league. That was the fifth game of the season as well...

34 minutes ago, TAFKAC said:

My limited memory was that he was appointed at the end of the season and by the time things kicked off again he had been replaced. Having a quick check, Moyes did score an own goal against Albion Rovers but that was in the league. That was the fifth game of the season as well...

Fair enough, I've clearly combined two shite performances at Cliftonhill into one!

On 04/01/2023 at 08:52, The Wrong Car said:

I might be wrong but did he not take charge of a cup game against Albion Rovers and had the Italian physio as assistant? It might have been the game that Ewan Moyes scored an absolute peach of an own goal

Yes, Bollan hadn't taken over but was in the crowd so it must have been Murphy managing.

I remember hearing in an interview with Raffa De Vita that one of current staff of the Italian national team worked with us during the Massone era. Was it that physio?

Saw in the 00s with John Lambie in charge who took us from the brink of relegation to the bottom flight to back to back titles then top flight stability. Legendary stuff to Thistle fans.

He then was replaced by his assistant Gerry Collins who was a taxi driver and part-time player when he first rocked up at Firhill. Went on a Horrendous run in the top flight, amid rumours of bullying. Was canned along with Chic Charnley who was first team coach. Not sure if a fraud or totally out of his depth?

Then we had the terrible twosome, Gerry Britton and Derek Whyte. A couple of mad games but sunk without a struggle. Utter rubbish but maybe more of a cheap option by the board than out and out frauds, then again neither is anywhere near being a manager so slightly fraudulent.

Dick Campbell - scraped a playoff win after finishing a distant fourth in the league. Sacked when struggling with utter Horrendous football in the second tier. Fraud as never suitable for a full time team.

Ian McCall - first term. Steadied the ship and got some good players in playing a mire attractive style. Finished 6th three times and a distant second place to St Johnstone. Just never felt he would take us to the next level. Left under a cloud due to personal issues.

Jackie McNamara - came out of nowhere and freshened up the squad with hungry younger players who added to Kris Doolan and Chris Erskine got us up challenging for the title before jumping ship to Dundee Utd where he may be considered more of a fraud. A rat probably more than a fraud in the eyes of Jags fans.

Alan Archibald - tightened us up and got us over the line to win the title. Had us up in the Premier for 5 seasons including a top six finish. Last season in the Premiership cracks were showing and should probably have left well before we were sworded in the playoffs by Livi.

Bizarrely kept on in the Championship and this was a pretty fraudulent period but that was more down to Ms Low keeping him on when he clearly needed away from the club.

Gary Caldwell  - Fraud

Ian McCall Mk. 2.0 - Still get the feeling he won't get us up and we seem to have inherited the McNamara habit of shite away form. He splits opinion but the jury is out on any fraudulence.

TL:DR Mot too many Frauds. A few who should never have been appointed, a rat and one or two who outstayed their welcome.