Queens v Alloa

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yip, the most meaningless, yet resilient cliche out there, as far as we're concerned.  Brian Rice is at it again above.  "Coming here is always very very difficult" he parrots.  Statistically , there can't be many easier grounds for sides to visit in the country, over the last few seasons.

As you say, it's only really us who find it tricky. 

Fair enough. Might not be reflected in result, because we stole a point- but on our previous visit this season we barely got a kick.

39 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

Fair enough. Might not be reflected in result, because we stole a point- but on our previous visit this season we barely got a kick.

And the point is that you still did get that point.

Our home record has been appalling for years now.  To describe Palmerston as a difficult place for visiting teams to come to, is senseless in that context.

It's just something people say about any away grounds.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

And the point is that you still did get that point.

Our home record has been appalling for years now.  To describe Palmerston as a difficult place for visiting teams to come to, is senseless in that context.

It's just something people say about any away grounds.

To be fair I feel our recent record against QoS is pretty decent, including down at Palmerston. 

Think the feeling for us is that we have struggled away from home all season - thinking Peterhead is the only venue we haven’t dropped points at this year - so everywhere becomes a tricky place to go!

15 minutes ago, TERREGLES1919 said:

Anyone know the official attendance yesterday at Palmerston?

Announcing the official attendance at Palmerston doesn't seem to be done these days, three or four games now I would say its not been announced, and not even given in results pages in  newspapers either. Maybe we're just too embarrassed to announce it. 

58 minutes ago, Vegetableman said:

Can you put up the stats for your home record so we can agree or differ  ?

14 points from 11 home games this season so far

17 from 18 last season

15 from 13 year before

19/20 14 from 14

18/19 22 from 18

17/18 22 from 18

16/17 21 from 18

It’s been a long time since we were good at home. 

15 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

Credit to the tech team here. Good quality highlights and commentary, but also for the interview. Time and time again we struggle to hear the questions answered because of bad conditions, and often we hear the interviewer's voice far too loud in comparison to the interviewee. You guys have managed to get Brian Rice's voice loud and clear despite the wind, and clearly prioritised his voice over the interviewer's. Good work.

Just now, DG.Roma said:

Credit to the tech team here. Good quality highlights and commentary, but also for the interview. Time and time again we struggle to hear the questions answered because of bad conditions, and often we hear the interviewer's voice far too loud in comparison to the interviewee. You guys have managed to get Brian Rice's voice loud and clear despite the wind, and clearly prioritised his voice over the interviewer's. Good work.

I thought the sound was worse tbh so I was glad when I listened back it was actually audible.

https://rode.com/en/microphones/on-camera/videomic-ntg  it's all about the equipment. Bought one of these last year. Nice portable shotgun microphone for very directional sound.

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

While there might have been some flaws in the defending for the second goal, I'd hardly bracket the two together to be honest.  

The second is a decent goal featuring some nice wide interplay, a cracking cross and an aggressive header.

The first, however, is simply laughable.  I don't even know what Hendrie is attempting to do in dealing with a comfortable situation.  Pathetic defending that changed the game.  

The first is just embarrassing but the second doesn't happen if we can do the absolute basics of defending. Take nothing away from Alloa's play, it was indeed a well worked goal. But looking back, if Gibson doesn't ball watch and instead just makes a run for the crosser then I doubt it gets delivered (or his initial pass further up the field finds a QoS player and isn't played into no mans land). You then have Quitongo with absolutely no awareness of his opponent and instead is going for a ball he isn't getting. 

If it was an isolated incident I'd give them some slack but that's the kind of Sunday league defending we seem to see almost every week from Queens. For seasons. 

Hopefully Bartley can get this mob to do the absolute basics of defending and we can build from there. 

8 minutes ago, LeodhasXD said:

it's all about the equipment

Not just the equipment, it's about caring enough to want to do a good job, then putting the time and effort in to finding the right equipment, then using it properly. Take the credit, you deserve it

5 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

While there might have been some flaws in the defending for the second goal, I'd hardly bracket the two together to be honest.  

The second is a decent goal featuring some nice wide interplay, a cracking cross and an aggressive header.

The first, however, is simply laughable.  I don't even know what Hendrie is attempting to do in dealing with a comfortable situation.  Pathetic defending that changed the game.  

I think what’s so depressing for me is that no matter how badly these guys defend week after week they keep featuring. At Falkirk Dave McKay and Hendrie were absolutely woeful (not for the first time) but they both kept their places and to the surprise of nobody Hendrie drops another clanger yesterday. It is not just the individual errors - it is the total lack of collective cohesion. Nobody seems to take responsibility and the defending is just so soft and indecisive. 

21 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Before anyone comes in with "the cameraman's a volunteer", which I'm fully aware of, can anyone tell  me why Malcolm doesn't put up match highlights anymore?

Honestly, I don't actually know. I assume it's just time pressure with his real job. He still films the games and makes them available to the SPFL and the match analysts.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

The first is just embarrassing but the second doesn't happen if we can do the absolute basics of defending. Take nothing away from Alloa's play, it was indeed a well worked goal. But looking back, if Gibson doesn't ball watch and instead just makes a run for the crosser then I doubt it gets delivered (or his initial pass further up the field finds a QoS player and isn't played into no mans land). You then have Quitongo with absolutely no awareness of his opponent and instead is going for a ball he isn't getting. 

Yes, as I said, flaws in the defending can be identified.  To describe that goal as a "gift" and an "absolute joke" though, is just daft.  It was nothing of the sort.

3 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Announcing the official attendance at Palmerston doesn't seem to be done these days, three or four games now I would say its not been announced, and not even given in results pages in  newspapers either. Maybe we're just too embarrassed to announce it. 

The attendance yesterday given out during the game was 1,016 (though I'm about to recheck it). It was given out in the usual way, I've no idea why it doesn't appear to have been distributed to the Media. I assume it wasn't announced on the tannoy because our temporary replacement announcer didn't realise we normally announce it. She had a match staff radio as everyone else relevant does. Alex picks it up from there and announces it but he was unavailable yesterday, although he came in to set the system up for us before he had to go.

The attendances, home and away where split available, are carried in the programme every week.

3 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

14 points from 11 home games this season so far

17 from 18 last season

15 from 13 year before

19/20 14 from 14

18/19 22 from 18

17/18 22 from 18

16/17 21 from 18

It’s been a long time since we were good at home. 

Aye always a tough place for teams to visit 🤣

By my reckoning based on the above figures that's 1.1 points per home game over 7 seasons. Dear god that is absolutely woeful.

16 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

By my reckoning based on the above figures that's 1.1 points per home game over 7 seasons. Dear god that is absolutely woeful.

It really is incredible.

In that context, our rotten gates have actually held up well.

2 hours ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Wondered where that stacked up (and i've been extremely bored) so went back over last 4.5 seasons:

Berwick Rangers - 0.61 ppg (1 season)

Brechin City - 0.79 ppg (3 seasons)

Hamilton - 0.89 ppg

Albion Rovers - 0.99 ppg

Queen of the South - 1.11 ppg

To be fair, we are only a few spots after you at 1.25 ppg and that's been largely boosted by this season.