๐ŸŸ ๐ŸŸ Arbroath v The Caley ๐Ÿ”ด โšซ

Given the waves of excitement passing through sections of the Caley support given a first win in what seems like forever against trumped up Highland League opposition, it would be inevitable that Arbroath will see a similar outcome. However, given our manager is tactically inept and can only play Dodds ball, I fully expect a competent opposition manager to be able to stifle any real impact.

34 minutes ago, approximately dave said:

Gayfield is the only ground where I've entered rat arsed drunk without a problem, yet they wouldn't let a sober guy in dressed up as a dolphin.

They wouldnโ€™t allow the young teams flag in last weekย 

20 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Calm doon, up until last Monday both teams have been, at best, fuckin shite for long enough.

Optimism, of a reserved nature for me, is bursting out all of a sudden on the forum so hopefully it's a Caley win and soakin Sunday mornin pillows for the Red Lichties.

Better than you soakin the bed like normal Sandy

3 hours ago, approximately dave said:

Gayfield is the only ground where I've entered rat arsed drunk without a problem, yet they wouldn't let a sober guy in dressed up as a dolphin.

Fan ye ever see a teuchter dressed as a dolphin, hingin oot the back end o a sheep maybe ๐Ÿ‘

9 hours ago, bdu98196 said:

Given the waves of excitement passing through sections of the Caley support given a first win in what seems like forever against trumped up Highland League opposition, it would be inevitable that Arbroath will see a similar outcome. However, given our manager is tactically inept and can only play Dodds ball, I fully expect a competent opposition manager to be able to stifle any real impact.

Just like against Arbroath last year?

Make a list of those that are forecasting six away goals. Take your time, we've got until kick off on Saturday ....ย 

ย 

9 hours ago, approximately dave said:

Our stewards are arseholes. The kind of guys to actively look and create a problem where one doesnโ€™t exist. They do not understand football matches or the environment theyโ€™re in

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Our stewards are arseholes. The kind of guys to actively look and create a problem where one doesnโ€™t exist. They do not understand football matches or the environment theyโ€™re in

Am not sure why they are like that, but they most definitely are

Edited by ecto

2 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

I feel like there's a difference between the older stewards who have been around since I was a kid, and the newer mic wearing rocksteady arsehole brigade.

5 hours ago, ExiledLichtie said:

I feel like there's a difference between the older stewards who have been around since I was a kid, and the newer mic wearing rocksteady arsehole brigade.

This 100%

16 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

Looks like itโ€™s going to be a blustery one tomorrow. Forecasted winds of over 20mph.ย 

Perfect for adding a bit of unpredictability to the Dodd's ball hoof an hope football then

I expect there will be a few goals in this match - Arbroath will be on the attack from the get go.

The feel good factor is slowly returning to Gayfieldย  following last week's result against Dundee and the new signings look very impressive.

The pendulum is moving in Arbroath's favour and I think Arbroath could go on a good run of results - the momentum is building, with more new signings soon to be announced (including another striker).

Last week between the two teams they scored 10 goals - so expect a few goals in this game.

Predicting a home win - Inverness are a good team, but think the momentum is now with Arbroath.

The 2nd half of this season will be a very different Arbroath - can't see many teams leaving Gayfield with many points in 2023.

ย 

ย 

2 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

I expect there will be a few goals in this match - Arbroath will be on the attack from the get go.

The feel good factor is slowly returning to Gayfieldย  following last week's result against Dundee and the new signings look very impressive.

The pendulum is moving in Arbroath's favour and I think Arbroath could go on a good run of results - the momentum is building, with more new signings soon to be announced (including another striker).

Last week between the two teams they scored 10 goals - so expect a few goals in this game.

Predicting a home win - Inverness are a good team, but think the momentum is now with Arbroath.

The 2nd half of this season will be a very different Arbroath - can't see many teams leaving Gayfield with many points in 2023.

ย 

ย 

Bloody hell, that is optimism!ย  I want some of what you're smoking!ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

I wouldnt predict a win over Inverness if we had a 3 man advantage.ย  I think Dodds tends to set up his teams well against us.ย  Im predicting a grim and miserable crime against football, same as the last Inverness game, and the game before that, and the one before that...

39 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

ย  Im predicting a grim and miserable crime against football, same as the last Inverness game, and the game before that, and the one before that...

Least you're lucky that's only once every 9 games..........we get that pretty much every fucking week this season

6 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

Least you're lucky that's only once every 9 games..........we get that pretty much every fucking week this season

I donโ€™t think you understand how bad weโ€™ve been this season. Mondays win and performance was a very welcome and surprising eventย 

54 minutes ago, ExiledLichtie said:

Bloody hell, that is optimism!ย  I want some of what you're smoking!ย ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

I wouldnt predict a win over Inverness if we had a 3 man advantage.ย  I think Dodds tends to set up his teams well against us.ย  Im predicting a grim and miserable crime against football, same as the last Inverness game, and the game before that, and the one before that...

Some people are optimistsย 

And some peopleย  just love wallowing in misery......eh hem.

4 hours ago, clashcityrocker said:

ย 

ย 

Proof, for us all old and young, that you should never buy cheap drugs!