Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

7 hours ago, DCismyhero said:

Perhaps next season, along with many things, Dumbarton should focus on making sure folk don’t duplicate the incredibly easy to copy “Postponed Match Vouchers”. 

That extra money could’ve paid a groundsman a decent wage. 

Proper class from the Stirling boys again. 

The biggest get it up ye to our club was winning the league at our ground last night and your gormless fan base clapped the team off like it was a pre-season friendly. On here boasting about how you got in for free shows you up for the "wee guys" you are.

We haven’t won the league. Hence we didn’t celebrate winning the league. 

We shouldn’t be using counterfeit vouchers obviously. But I don’t get the various omg-yoose-didnae-even-celebrate comments. We’ll celebrate properly when the time comes. 

3 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

We haven’t won the league. Hence we didn’t celebrate winning the league. 

We shouldn’t be using counterfeit vouchers obviously. But I don’t get the various omg-yoose-didnae-even-celebrate comments. We’ll celebrate properly when the time comes. 

Keep telling yourselves it's not over but it's over. I'd have been giving it the big one last night if I was sat in your end but it seems your fans are more concerned with stealing entry or winding up volunteers running supporter buses. Proper wee guys. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

Keep telling yourselves it's not over but it's over. I'd have been giving it the big one last night if I was sat in your end but it seems your fans are more concerned with stealing entry or winding up volunteers running supporter buses. Proper wee guys. 

There must have been 600 away fans … don’t let a couple of wee jobbies get under your skin. 

Yes we are 99.9% likely to win the league but we will celebrate winning the league in full when it’s 100%. 

5 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

There must have been 600 away fans … don’t let a couple of wee jobbies get under your skin. 

Yes we are 99.9% likely to win the league but we will celebrate winning the league in full when it’s 100%. 

We were in the same situation in 2008, league wasn't officially over until the last game but the previous week we humped Elgin 6-0 and had a huge celebration. Let yer hair down and crack the champagne. 

2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We were in the same situation in 2008, league wasn't officially over until the last game but the previous week we humped Elgin 6-0 and had a huge celebration. Let yer hair down and crack the champagne. 

Did you notice any of our players celebrating the second the final whistle went? No. 

If you really want to see our fans celebrating then here’s a handy link from the weekend: 

Genuinely thought we played quite well last night. We definitely showed more urgency to go and win the game in the second half which was surprising given that Stirling had a huge away support there wanting to see a title won.

Brett Long’s goal kick routine is very frustrating. He’s a great keeper but just seems to always take ages to get the game restarted. He was clearly told to speed it up at half time though.

Thought Orsi had a great game despite being hindered by the pitch still. Grant, Buchanan, Wilson were all decent as well! We can really upgrade the team by finding a better option on the left wing to Greg Wylde. We will really scare teams if we have 2 wingers who can take people on like Orsi.

51 minutes ago, cameron2000 said:

Genuinely thought we played quite well last night. We definitely showed more urgency to go and win the game in the second half which was surprising given that Stirling had a huge away support there wanting to see a title won.

Brett Long’s goal kick routine is very frustrating. He’s a great keeper but just seems to always take ages to get the game restarted. He was clearly told to speed it up at half time though.

Thought Orsi had a great game despite being hindered by the pitch still. Grant, Buchanan, Wilson were all decent as well! We can really upgrade the team by finding a better option on the left wing to Greg Wylde. We will really scare teams if we have 2 wingers who can take people on like Orsi.

Was Orsi the right winger? He looked excellent. Had our full back in knots a few times. And it’s not exactly a great pitch for skillfull players. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

I was amazed at how quiet the away support was last night; particularly given how much we messed them about with the postponements and that we were their direct rivals throughout the season. Really the perfect opportunity for a "get it right up ye" party. Instead, they issue us with advice around rarely-used complimentary vouchers. As wind-ups go it's a bit of a curve ball.

Edited by George Parr

1 minute ago, George Parr said:

I was amazed at how quiet the away support was last night

Its what happens when loads of glory hunters are there. Was the same at Forthbank in the decider in 1995. The hardcore fans were split up all over the away stand. 

1 hour ago, cameron2000 said:

I don't understand why, but I think the management team are coaching it into them. It's infuriating and anyone who knows me will back up that I've had a proper go at our own 'keepers a couple of times in matches where we are taking an eternity even if we aren't even winning matches. Different goalkeepers last season, exact same method. I absolutely hate to see it. If we are winning then I think it's fair we wouldn't be in a rush but until those times we should be trying to get ourselves in front rather than keeping the score at 0-0 or worse, when we are losing but still in no rush.

48 minutes ago, BinoBalls said:

Was Orsi the right winger? He looked excellent. Had our full back in knots a few times. And it’s not exactly a great pitch for skillfull players. 

That's the fella. Came through Aberdeen's youth. Played for St Mirren and Morton before us. Morton played him as a 9 which I find odd. He's had to do that job for us the odd time when we've had a dearth of forwards available, but he's clearly a 7. Like all wingers he can be inconsistent and frustrate at times, but he's really came onto a game of late, hopefully he keeps that form up for the playoffs.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Proper class from the Stirling boys again. 

The biggest get it up ye to our club was winning the league at our ground last night and your gormless fan base clapped the team off like it was a pre-season friendly. On here boasting about how you got in for free shows you up for the "wee guys" you are.

Crowd wanking in league 2 is real bottom of the barrel stuff.

1 minute ago, Mattie1880 said:

Crowd wanking in league 2 is real bottom of the barrel stuff.

I don't think you know what crowd wanking is but I'd suggest stealing entry to a reduced entry League 2 match because you were upset a game got called off is further down the barrell than me saying "I was surprised Stirling didn't celebrate their title win more". 

Just to add my own tuppence worth, I'd have said the mood in the Stirling end was quite tense? Chris said to me that it felt like the game needed a goal so the fans knew how to act. Fall behind and they'd have got right behind the team; take the lead and they'd have been partying. From the crowd if felt like a crunch relegation clash where neither side wanted to lose more than a title battle.

That's been the case with our own support a fair whack this season too - even when we were winning to be fair. But I was expecting the away end to be jumping like the home end was at Forthbank last month with constant 'we are going up' or '10 clear and you fucked it up' type chants. But there wasn't really any of that.

14 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I don't think you know what crowd wanking is but I'd suggest stealing entry to a reduced entry League 2 match because you were upset a game got called off is further down the barrell than me saying "I was surprised Stirling didn't celebrate their title win more".

Would you like to attend our remaining games and let us know if we celebrate appropriately? 

20 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

A bit like when ICT won the challenge cup with the last kick and they just politely clapped.

Roughly 600 fans travelled through to a L2 match on a Tuesday night after it had been postponed four times previously (and just three days after a similar number travelled to Stenny) and that's apparently still not good enough? Come on now.

Edited by unitedbino