Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

4 hours ago, WC Boggs said:

I can't say I'm upset we don't have to play on that tonight.  No offence intended with that Dumbarton fans, just sympathy with the situation.

I think fifesons had the best idea. A good long nap.

I reckon Cathkin is currently in better nick.

12 hours ago, Frank Quitely said:

I reckon Cathkin is currently in better nick.

Dumbarton fans have been trying to get across the state of that pitch for weeks.  It took that video to get across the full horror of it.  However much people try to describe it, few have got an experience of a league pitch to help visualise that.  I sure didn't.

Geez, no wonder Dumbarton fans have been so angry and upset about it!  I'm truly sorry, that's enough to make any club's supporters weep.

I'm guessing Dumbarton have a similar main source  to the waterlogging problem at Stirling.  A stadium built on a bare foot of soil, with God knows how many feet of blue clay underneath it. Good drainage can partially mitigate the problem, but it doesn't remove it after sustained heavy rain.  

Still trying to get that vision out of my head to be honest. It looked like somebody had ploughed it  ready to plant turnips or tatties.  My sympathies sons fans, that is one barsteward of a problem.

Edited by WC Boggs
Typo

1 hour ago, WC Boggs said:

Dumbarton fans have been trying to get across the state of that pitch for weeks.  It took that video to get across the full horror of it.  However much people try to describe it, few have got an experience of a league pitch to help visualise that.  I sure didn't.

Geez, no wonder Dumbarton fans have been so angry and upset about it!  I'm truly sorry, that's enough to make any club's supporters weep.

I'm guessing Dumbarton have a similar main source  to the waterlogging problem at Stirling.  A stadium built on a bare foot of soil, with God knows how many feet of blue clay underneath it. Good drainage can partially mitigate the problem, but it doesn't remove it after sustained heavy rain.  

Still trying to get that vision out of my head to be honest. It looked like somebody had ploughed it  ready to plant turnips or tatties.  My sympathies sons fans, that is one barsteward of a problem.

Take a look at the recent post from Dumbarton Rock on the Sons Sorrow thread and you'll get a very good idea of our pitch issues.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, FifeSons said:

Looks like we’re offering PPV for this. Presumably to try and make a bit of cash from Stirling fans who can’t attend but want to watch them win the league.

I can only speak for myself, but if we do win it, I'd rather it was on a warm sunny afternoon at home than away on a Tuesday night. Better for a party atmosphere.