Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

If the Rangers game is on this Thursday then you wonder what damage it'll do to the park for Saturday?

It's a farce that Rangers B are anywhere near our ground. It's a farce that they're anywhere near ANY ground, but if they're so desperate to force B teams into Scottish football then they should have to make provisions for their own B ground. Put some stands up at Auchinhowie and changing facilities for visiting teams.

4 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

Likely to be back to back on 25th and 28th

Stirling are playing next Tuesday and the 4th April so it's then or 11th April at the earliest. And we still have the Forfar game to be rescheduled. If Saturday is off, we could have a bit of a headache trying to fit them in.

12 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

If the Rangers game is on this Thursday then you wonder what damage it'll do to the park for Saturday?

It's a farce that Rangers B are anywhere near our ground. It's a farce that they're anywhere near ANY ground, but if they're so desperate to force B teams into Scottish football then they should have to make provisions for their own B ground. Put some stands up at Auchinhowie and changing facilities for visiting teams.

Surely they have a decent pitch in the Govan area or are they afraid their precious B team will ruin their hallowed  turf. I agree they should have their own ground to play on. Can they not use he same pitch as their woman’s team play on.

Edited by Curler

2 minutes ago, microdave said:

Stirling are playing next Tuesday and the 4th April so it's then or 11th April at the earliest. And we still have the Forfar game to be rescheduled. If Saturday is off, we could have a bit of a headache trying to fit them in.

A repeat of 11th April 1972 when both clubs were going for promotion would be just fine. 5,000 at that one, probably a few less this time unless we get those temporary stands up

14 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Whilst I don't dispute any of that, ultimately the presence of Rangers 'B' at our ground is down to a decision made by the Board of DFC or perhaps more likely the ownership of the club.  On any basis of common sense, and looking at the postponement history of recent years, it was an arrangement prey to the effects of winter weather and so it has proved.  At the root of it will be money, or an apparent lack of it, and for that reason I wouldn't be at all surprised if the game goes ahead on Thursday night.  If it does go ahead and Saturday's fixture with Rovers is a casualty then Dumbarton are looking at a tight fixture list. 

5 minutes ago, Curler said:

Surely they have a decent pitch in the Govan area or are they afraid their precious B team will ruin their hallowed  turf. I agree they should have their own ground to play on. Can they not use he same pitch as their woman’s team play on.

The women's team play at Broadwood now, but there's no reason I can see that the main pitch at their Training Centre (which has a covered stand) couldn't be used for the B Team.

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Whilst I don't dispute any of that, ultimately the presence of Rangers 'B' at our ground is down to a decision made by the Board of DFC or perhaps more likely the ownership of the club.  On any basis of common sense, and looking at the postponement history of recent years, it was an arrangement prey to the effects of winter weather and so it has proved.  At the root of it will be money, or an apparent lack of it, and for that reason I wouldn't be at all surprised if the game goes ahead on Thursday night.  If it does go ahead and Saturday's fixture with Rovers is a casualty then Dumbarton are looking at a tight fixture list. 

I'm not convinced that it's entirely an ownership decision. I'd be inclined to believe that the club board are equally guilty when it comes to this particular bad decision.

3 hours ago, BinoBalls said:

I think there was literally one homophobic comment from our resident village idiot (he made several other generally abusive posts, and is probably revelling in Elon Musk’s new era of free speech on Twitter).

Report him and mute him, as i have done. 

Who was this?? I must have missed that one!

2 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

f**k it. Let’s just call the away game at Forthbank a literal 6 pointer.

People are always saying there isn’t enough drama in Scottish Football, let’s do it, imagine the tension and the scenes if one of us comes out on top.

I mean, given how much rain and snow the west coast has had the past day or so, it makes sense that this game is called off and the communication from Dumbarton has been much better 3rd time around. 

I struggle to see when this game is going to get played other than waiting until the middle of April or the Wednesday 29th. The game on the 25th is going ahead on the same day as Scotland vs Cyprus. I appreciate that this is at our bit but I think the statement the Albion put out about it was pretty fair if not a wee bit self-serving. But who isn't in league 2 eh

I'd hope the 2 clubs wouldn't agree to play this return fixture on the day of ANOTHER Scotland game on the 28th - with Scotland vs Spain happening that night. I'm talking extremely selfishly here because I go to both Stirling and Scotland games - but it would be a real shame to have to make the choice between the Scotland games or the Stirling vs Dumbarton fixtures given what's at stake.