Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

1 hour ago, FifeSons said:

At least we’ll get to see another tantrum from the homophobic Stirling neds when it’s called off.

I think there was literally one homophobic comment from our resident village idiot (he made several other generally abusive posts, and is probably revelling in Elon Musk’s new era of free speech on Twitter).

Report him and mute him, as i have done. 

23 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

For the uneducated, what’s vertidraining? 

Is is a means of putting small holes in the ground to help with drainage. Google vertidrain and you will see a machine that does it.  Knowing our club it might be a man with a pitchfork going over the pitch

2 hours ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

Surely it would be common sense to cancel this ASAP.  The pitch has been frozen without fully thawing and then deluged with water which presumably won't fully drain away.  There is also have a home match on Saturday so to even risk any further hassle and outcry it should maybe be inspected and canned.  Who at DFC is in charge of this ?

As you know its not up to the club to call it off. If its playable it will be on. Or are you suggesting that the club should make no attempt to get the pitch playable? As for Saturday, Rangers B have a game before then on Thursday night

2 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

100%.

I had the same fear when the Binos game in January was called off. The pitch was in good shape, just with a bit of water sitting on it after not being verti-drained for a while. Accept that the game will be called off and no harm done.

Instead it got sanded to within an inch of its life in an attempt to make it playable, and it's been an absolute disgrace ever since.

Someone needs to start thinking of the longer term consequences here, because this is the third season in a row where we've had a pitch that's impossible to play football on.

I agree Jan. If you have to do that to your pitch to get a game on, it's just not worth doing.  Best efforts to make the pitch playable yes, but not at any cost.

The whole idea of a vertidrain is to open it up and let it dry out. Playing on it straight away is just throwing money away. Plus it will be crazy bumpy unless he goes over it with the ride on. My thinking is he's going for tonight and Thursday to be off and it gives Saturdays game a fighting chance by doing that today. . Just my opinion. 

3 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

The whole idea of a vertidrain is to open it up and let it dry out. Playing on it straight away is just throwing money away. Plus it will be crazy bumpy unless he goes over it with the ride on. My thinking is he's going for tonight and Thursday to be off and it gives Saturdays game a fighting chance by doing that today. . Just my opinion. 

Did you take that photo in the above post? Anybody you can ask about the chances of it being on tonight? 

7 minutes ago, Nowhereman said:

As you know its not up to the club to call it off. If its playable it will be on. Or are you suggesting that the club should make no attempt to get the pitch playable? As for Saturday, Rangers B have a game before then on Thursday night

I'm saying that Dumbarton should have arranged an early inspection as I believe they did last Saturday.  And maybe it wasn't the brightest idea to have Rangers 'B' playing on a park that is dodgy in the winter.  

1 minute ago, dave_binos said:

Did you take that photo in the above post? Anybody you can ask about the chances of it being on tonight? 

Nah it was a m8 that took it at 11am. You would need to walk on it to find out how it was, I don't think I'd be welcome if I walked in the gate lol.

14 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

I'm saying that Dumbarton should have arranged an early inspection as I believe they did last Saturday.  And maybe it wasn't the brightest idea to have Rangers 'B' playing on a park that is dodgy in the winter.  

Difference being that last Saturday the pitch was frozen and had no chance of thawing out before 3.00pm. Today the problem is water which they might be able to rectify. Also last Saturdays inspection was five hours before kick off, today's is four hours fifteen minutes. So not a great deal of differece