Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

By the sounds of things the groundsman/club is trying absolutely everything, I’d assume they wont be postponing this until later this afternoon at the earliest as they quite clearly think they can get it on. I’m not sure the methods being used sound like a wise idea tbh, I just hope this doesn’t lead to another late call off and doesn’t damage the pitch any further. 

For me the sensible option would be to call it at lunch and let the pitch recover. It sounds almost like we are trying a bit too hard to get this on to try and make up for the last two postponements.

1 minute ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

By the sounds of things the groundsman/club is trying absolutely everything, I’d assume they wont be postponing this until later this afternoon at the earliest as they quite clearly think they can get it on. I’m not sure the methods being used sound like a wise idea tbh, I just hope this doesn’t lead to another late call off and doesn’t damage the pitch any further. 

For me the sensible option would be to call it at lunch and let the pitch recover. It sounds almost like we are trying a bit too hard to get this on to try and make up for the last two postponements.

100%.

I had the same fear when the Binos game in January was called off. The pitch was in good shape, just with a bit of water sitting on it after not being verti-drained for a while. Accept that the game will be called off and no harm done.

Instead it got sanded to within an inch of its life in an attempt to make it playable, and it's been an absolute disgrace ever since.

Someone needs to start thinking of the longer term consequences here, because this is the third season in a row where we've had a pitch that's impossible to play football on.

2 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Which would be mad as the Stirling guys won't travel in numbers as they rightly won't trust any of it and the game would be a muddy shitfest with a park in a terrible state for Saturday and thereafter.  It smells very much like a money issue to me. 

6 minutes ago, Dumbarton Rock said:

Surface water shouldn't be a problem if he gets the whole park vertidrained, but that's only one of his numerous problems. I just cleared my green of snow now it's covered in hailstones and just turned to snow. Can't see Greenock so plenty more coming up the water. 

I live in Greenock and can see the rock so I’ve been on Rock watch all morning. Snow is coming down in sheets. I’d say if this keeps up for any length of time we’re humped.

15 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

To be fair I’d have exactly the same opinion as you if this was Forthbank. But if the pitch is playable the pitch is playable. Doubt many Stirling fans could care less about preserving it for your game on Saturday 😂

2 minutes ago, dave_binos said:

That must mean all the very decent Dumbarton fans on here are also homophobic neds. What a helmet 😂 

Well, considering all the Dumbarton fans on here didn’t post homophobic slurs on our Twitter, I’m not sure I follow the logic.