Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

I am no expert but if Dumbarton Rock were still groundsman im quite sure todays shambles would not have happened/Im not saying the game would be on but at least some fore-warning would have occurred.I do feel disappointed at the game being off.

I know there is an issue with Antonia which is a real shame as I think she is doing a good job at the club as far as I can tell from off-field activities.I wish she could live up to her surname and welcome DR back with open arms!!!

As for us it might be good for the players to get a rest and maybe recover a bit for saturday.Sometimes a PP is a blessing but sometimes it backfires.Binos certainly going to have a wee glut of midweek games.

9 minutes ago, WC Boggs said:

It sure isn't the Dumbarton fans fault, so gie them peace and email the club with any anger.

On to  Saturday and Bonnyrigg at home I think.

I don't think anyone's targeting the fans. Lets face it, we're angry, they're angry and embarrassed.

Weather hasn't just suddenly had a sudden temperature drop past few hours, but the game gets called off at 6 30, if the pitch was frozen it clearly frozen at 12.00 or 2.00 or 4.00, why the f**k did they not check it then other than the obvious answer which is they clearly couldn't be fucked and couldn't care less about the people travelling to the game, I got to Charing X on the motorway and was listening to Radio Clyde when the guy on Super Scoreboard said he was going to go to the second half of this but won't be now as it's off, this was at 6.45, not a peep from Dumbarton or anyone connected to them that the game may be in doubt so jumped in the car at 6.00.

While the weather clearly is outwith his control, if Dumbarton's groundsman can't be bothered to turn up on the morning of a Saturday afternoon game, as was the case for the original fixture or early afternoon for a midweek game then he should be given his P45, yes I'm assuming it will be a part time job but you know, it sometimes requires you to actually turn up every fucking now and again. 

2 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Weather hasn't just suddenly had a sudden temperature drop past few hours, but the game gets called off at 6 30, if the pitch was frozen it clearly frozen at 12.00 or 2.00 or 4.00, why the f**k did they not check it then other than the obvious answer which is they clearly couldn't be fucked and couldn't care less about the people travelling to the game, I got to Charing X on the motorway and was listening to Radio Clyde when the guy on Super Scoreboard said he was going to go to the second half of this but won't be now as it's off, this was at 6.45, not a peep from Dumbarton or anyone connected to them that the game may be in doubt so jumped in the car at 6.00.

While the weather clearly is outwith his control, if Dumbarton's groundsman can't be bothered to turn up on the morning of a Saturday afternoon game, as was the case for the original fixture or early afternoon for a midweek game then he should be given his P45, yes I'm assuming it will be a part time job but you know, it sometimes requires you to actually turn up every fucking now and again. 

I left work in Livingston at 6pm. I got as far as Braehead when I heard the news.

Just seen a tweet from Kevin Budanuskas, referee turned up just after 5.30, no sign of the groundsman and no contact from Dumbarton all day to request an early inspection, the pitch for the entire length of the stand about 4 metres in from the touchline was frozen solid so game never stood a chance, that no one from Dumbarton thought to check the pitch earlier and for their joke of a groundsman to be nowhere near the place all day, never mind to think of maybe putting covers down on that section of the pitch is nothing short of shambolic and, one thing is for sure said groundsman needs his jotters.

7 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I’m quite surprised we don’t have any Rangers ground staff. I’d have thought they’d want to look after the pitch for their precious wee darlings.

Rangers ground staff are usually at the stadium on a Monday doing work if the wee B team have played at the Rock that weekend.

Probably do more than our clown tbh.

It’s a real shame that the people at the club don’t have anywhere near the passion or competence of the Supporters’ Trust.

Seems like some pig-headed folk with egos, who like falling out with good fans/servants of the club and holding grudges.

Edited by FifeSons

13 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Just seen a tweet from Kevin Budanuskas, referee turned up just after 5.30, no sign of the groundsman and no contact from Dumbarton all day to request an early inspection, the pitch for the entire length of the stand about 4 metres in from the touchline was frozen solid so game never stood a chance, that no one from Dumbarton thought to check the pitch earlier and for their joke of a groundsman to be nowhere near the place all day, never mind to think of maybe putting covers down on that section of the pitch is nothing short of shambolic and, one thing is for sure said groundsman needs his jotters.

Its obvious we need a groundsman that cares and not some croney who is golf buddy with members of the DFC  board.

6 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Its obvious we need a groundsman that cares and not some croney who is golf buddy with members of the DFC  board.

The greens were probably in play at the golfy so he assumed would be fine 

11 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

The person (ex Chairman Steele) who appointed his golfing pal as our groundsman has long gone, anyone with any nous at the Club would have binned this current clown who lives in Ayrshire, which is really fucking handy, and reached out to Dumbarton Rock again, but that's sadly not how these muppets do things.

Reap what you sow as they say 

8 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

The person (ex Chairman Steele) who appointed his golfing pal as our groundsman has long gone, anyone with any nous at the Club would have binned this current clown who lives in Ayrshire, which is really fucking handy, and reached out to Dumbarton Rock again, but that's sadly not how these muppets do things.

Whats more I think DR would still be interested in the gig..knows the ground really well.But politics politics politics...

23 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

Im probably way off but wasnt this guy appointed after Steele left? Lockdown has thrown me off sync with dates etc

15 minutes ago, lorenzo71 said:

Whats more I think DR would still be interested in the gig..knows the ground really well.But politics politics politics...

Politics shouldn’t come in to it (I know you know this). You are either there for the sole benefit of the football club or you are not. If egos are at play that’s simply not good enough, but points to a wider issue of senior leadership and probably takes us back to the club ownership,

It’s clear to me that the current ground staff situation isn’t sustainable and needs an urgent re-think. That includes the use of our pitch by that colts mob which should be fired directly into the bin.