Dumbarton vs Stirling Albion

Outcome?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Outcome?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/01/23 at 15:00

Top of the table clash. A six pointer. A potential title decider. Call it what you will but I think we can all agree that this is the biggest game both sides have had this season.

So far we've had the home team take the points so hopefully that will continue as we look to extend our lead at the top and maybe right the wrong of our performance at Forthbank.

Discuss.

Tell you what, you’ll not get us as poor as we were in the opening 10 minutes earlier in the season……but likewise, I doubt we’ll rip you apart and get you as poor as you were at Forthbank either.

The game has everything that’s needed to be an absolute cracker and is the sort of game players will want to be involved in and fans want to see.

Our Home attendance has nearly doubled this season, Dumbarton will hopefully see a big, noisy, Away support, cheering the lads on to victory on Saturday.

I predict somebody will win or it'll be a draw. That's as far as my predictions ever go.  Both teams capable of good or bad performances on a given day.  Dumbarton consistently capable of getting narrow wins out of difficult encounters, The Binos a bit more error prone, but usually dangerous going forward.  Both teams enjoying a half way points total unseen for yonks. It could all rest on who gets the break of the ball on the day..... or not.

Dumbarton very much in the driver's seat going in to it. It's good to be the kings.

7 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Kai Fotheringham hat trick. 

I was just coming on to ask the Binos fans about him; I know it's the million dollar question, but is it looking like his deal will be extended - or is there a fear that he'll be recalled or even put on loan at a higher level?

From the outside looking in, he's got a bit of experience at a higher level and 5 goals/11 assists shows he's probably too good for this level. But if I was him I think I'd want to stay, given it's the first time in his career he's been a vital player; and could lift a league title as the team's superstar come May.

Spoiler

Obviously I've spent the last month emailing Dundee United under fake names saying how good he's been, and urging him to be recalled.

The RUMOURS are that he is happy at the club, that’s been mentioned by a number of supporters, and I have heard from 1 or 2 that he would like to see the season out. No idea if they are true, however most of these rumours have come after the players attended a Christmas event which Kai attended.

The club, quite rightly, have been quiet on what is going on so all fans can do is speculate. My speculation is that Dundee United will be looking at him in the same way that Aberdeen were looking at Mason Hancock last season. He has proven to be “too good” for League 2 so I’m sure if there are opportunities to get him into the Championship then they would be keen to do that. I personally don’t see him making the jump to the SPL right away and I’m not totally sure if he is ready for that, but I think it would be interesting to see how he would do in the Championship. 

Kai was interviewed in the Courier a month or so ago, and said there that he was sent out on loan to develop and to basically assist and score more as it was an aspect of his game that United wanted him to work on, so I think it’s safe to say he is in the process of doing that.

I think it’s a “no shit Sherlock” statement to say that Darren Young will be keen to keep him and I honestly think Kai should stay for now, as he is playing regular, seems happy and very much part of the squad and has a real chance of achieving something this season, along with bagging a few personal awards and probably won’t get that opportunity elsewhere…..but whether that’s enough for those at Dundee United, I suppose time will tell.

5 hours ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I was just coming on to ask the Binos fans about him; I know it's the million dollar question, but is it looking like his deal will be extended - or is there a fear that he'll be recalled or even put on loan at a higher level?

From the outside looking in, he's got a bit of experience at a higher level and 5 goals/11 assists shows he's probably too good for this level. But if I was him I think I'd want to stay, given it's the first time in his career he's been a vital player; and could lift a league title as the team's superstar come May.

Reveal hidden contents

Obviously I've spent the last month emailing Dundee United under fake names saying how good he's been, and urging him to be recalled.

You know as much as we do mate. The manager did say in his last after match interview that he was seeking to get Kai's loan extended.  Seeking and getting might be 2 different things though.  Talented prospect for United for sure. Great attitude as well. Fingers, toes and eyebrows crossed on that one.

On 03/01/2023 at 09:34, Jan Vojáček said:

Reveal hidden contents

8 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

Little bit nervous for today. We are a solid team but still think we are missing in the striking department.

Hopeful Love will take confidence in getting his goal last week.

It's a huge fixture. We're all nervous.

8 minutes ago, Sons Fan said:

Little bit nervous for today. We are a solid team but still think we are missing in the striking department.

Hopeful Love will take confidence in getting his goal last week.

I feel the same. As solid as we’ve been thus far there have been too many games where the performance hasn’t really been there, and as hard as it is to complain when we’re still picking up points and sitting top of the league, I feel some or later it’ll catch up with. We don’t blow teams away and still lacking a bit of creativity up top.

Looking forward to today though. Hopefully a good crowd in and a good competitive game. If Lynas is out that’s a big blow and presumably Carswell will go to FB and McGevver will come in at CH. 

Mon the Sons.

Looking forward to it.  

Quite a hard team selection to make this week with Blair fit again and the reported uncertainty at right back.

Robert Thomson and Carrick were given far too much space in the away game and they showed that they can beat us if we lose our shape and organisation.  Hopefully we're more robust today and one goes in at the other end.