10 man Livi v Well

Omeonga was good when he came on. It's a frustration of mine how low in the pecking order he is. He should've come on at half time not Bradley. Then Bradley should've come on when Omeonga did, though for Shinnie not Bahamboula. First half Bahamboula had been really good on the right. Shifting him to the left for the second half was disappointing. Seeing him subbed off so soon even more so. He's less effective on the left but was still doing well. Once Shinnie went left that side became a black hole for us with all our attacks going down the right thereafter.

There were some decent attacking combinations involving Bradley, Stephen Kelly, Anderson, Devlin and latterly Omeonga. None yielded an outright chance, though. Overall it was a poor second half from us and we were very fortunate Motherwell hit the bar twice when they could've scored. The first half had been quite promising so that second half downturn was unexpected. The loss of Montaño obviously forced the rejig and the changes made in response maybe weren't quite right.

2 minutes ago, MazzyStar said:

Need to get Ayo back on them. He’d never miss 2 in the one game. 

Ayo was our main penalty taker for a while, and then suddenly started doing this weird 'try and wait for the keeper' thing that everyuone cottoned on to, and then he missed 2 (3?) in a row, and was then removed. I wouldn't mind him going back on them if he occasionally mixed it up a little

Oh, Boyes worth a mention. Contributing a goal is always vital and his defending was good today too. Early days yet but the hope is he can become something like the new Fitzwater. His inclusion gives the added benefit of letting Obileye play right rather than left centre back.

39 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Omeonga was good when he came on. It's a frustration of mine how low in the pecking order he is. He should've come on at half time not Bradley. Then Bradley should've come on when Omeonga did, though for Shinnie not Bahamboula. First half Bahamboula had been really good on the right. Shifting him to the left for the second half was disappointing. Seeing him subbed off so soon even more so. He's less effective on the left but was still doing well. Once Shinnie went left that side became a black hole for us with all our attacks going down the right thereafter.

There were some decent attacking combinations involving Bradley, Stephen Kelly, Anderson, Devlin and latterly Omeonga. None yielded an outright chance, though. Overall it was a poor second half from us and we were very fortunate Motherwell hit the bar twice when they could've scored. The first half had been quite promising so that second half downturn was unexpected. The loss of Montaño obviously forced the rejig and the changes made in response maybe weren't quite right.

Funny how differently people see the game. Me and the people around me all thought Bahamboula was rotten today. Too often tried to do too much and lost the ball...his passing was woeful today and his touch wasn't there. Bradley was fantastic when he came on and going by his performance today I'd have him in the side ahead of Bahamboula when Nouble is fit. He's deceptively good in the air too which was a nice surprise.

Shamal was fantastic at shot stopping today, the one he tipped onto the bar that the well fans thought was in is a phenomenal save. He seemed so reluctant to come off his line though whichbwas one of his strengths before his injury

I feel like we had enough chances to win the game, but it wasn’t a very good performance.

Too many players showed no composure on the ball and just hoofed it in behind Livi’s fullbacks trying to win throw ins. There was so many times where both teams’ players should have controlled the ball but choose not to. Poor stuff to watch.

Our chances in the first half all came from pressing them into mistakes and then a quick freekick after Slattery finally showed some composure and kept ahold of the ball. 

I think we were better in the second half and got a lot of joy down the right but had little end product or picked the wrong option. KVV should have scored and Shields was unlucky with his crossbar shot and that the rebound didn’t deflect in. 

meh

It wasn’t a classic but this idea that it was the worst game ever is just lazy cr&p . I have seen much much worse, our home game v Hibs last January sticks in my mind as being a really dreadful contest. I thought we were the better side for large parts of that game today.

id say we need 4 “ Starting 11 “ signings  a pacy winger, a target man to act as back up for Van Veen, an experienced holding midfielder and a left back assuming Penney is away. The club took a cheap option in appointing Hammell they MUST back him in this window . There is no one team cut adrift, it’s going to be a dogfight. There is no point being the richest club in the league below so the club need to splash some cash ASAP. 

On 01/01/2023 at 13:36, ropy said:

Family stuff means that the game against Hibs will be my first since November, who knew it was on a Sunday.

A boring score draw for this one will keep us ticking along.

Looks like Penney has another couple of games before SOD goes back to left back.

A boring score draw it was, time for me to renegade with the football, bring on the Hibs.

With the number of people seeking tickets was there an ok crowd?