10 man Livi v Well

9 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I thought there was an automated offside check? Didn't even look offside and they've still killed off a couple minutes.

VAR might actually put me off a season ticket next year.

Only semi-automated in the World Cup and Champions League.

11 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

I thought there was an automated offside check? Didn't even look offside and they've still killed off a couple minutes.

VAR might actually put me off a season ticket next year.

I will get one next year but there is about 5 of us who have decided to see how it is in 18 months time (start of the 24 season) and if fitba is shite cos of VAR and other changes by then we all said we might jack it.

Having said that we'll probably be a 2nd tier team soon enough.

That half was atrocious. I don't think we have been able to properly string a few passes together and just end up punting the ball away or just losing it within our own half.

Stupid decisions such as the hand ball, the free kick that led to the goal and the defending have been simple rookie mistakes.

We don't deserve to be level at this point. But I beieleve that will rectify itself later in the second half if we continue like this.

2 minutes ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I'm now fully on the anti-VAR train. Ridiculous officiating throughout compounded by ourselves becoming a clown show.

Welcome to the club ❤️  It was always going to be a disaster with our low budget, run by morons version, but this has been worse than I expected.

Bahamboula and Penrice move high and narrow when we get territory in the Motherwell half and the full backs overlap. Its actually been Devlin down the right rather than Montaño on the left who was our bigger threat that half. The other tactic has been springing Anderson early with long passes, especially from Stephen Kelly. Could do with more from Shinnie, he was a bit off the pace.

Motherwell's goal wasn't a surprise. Van Veen always a threat. Slattery was starting to get on the ball and give Motherwell some controlled possession at the end of the half too. Need to watch his influence isn't allowed to grow more second half.

Edited by FreedomFarter

8 minutes ago, MP_MFC said:

How the f**k did he manage that. 

(Assuming you're talking of KVV smashing the underside of the crossbar from 7 yards out)

Playing Devil's Advocate for a moment, I think KVV saw the goalie and defender sliding in at him, and he knew he had to get elevation on the ball... it just ended up about 3" too much.  

He's still our best chance of finding the net again, no-one else on our team seems capable of a shot on target today

Edited by RostokMcSpoons

Just now, LiviLion said:

That's not a dive tbf. Not a penalty either, but booking for that is harsh.

Aye, it's definitely harsh. Fair enough challenge and Slattery's momentum just takes him down. What an utter shitfest of a game though.