Kilmarnock v St Mirren

Just now, ford prefect said:

Absolutely. Ethan is a really good player but can be very immature like he's around 16 in his first few games 

When you see the reaction from the Killie player I've no doubt they were targeting him.

And yes, he shouldn't have reacted, but didn't look like it had anything like the force needed for that to be a straight red.

3 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

When you see the reaction from the Killie player I've no doubt they were targeting him.

And yes, he shouldn't have reacted, but didn't look like it had anything like the force needed for that to be a straight red.

The guy definitely made the most of it. However you just can't do that. Ethan was very stupid and he's left us up against it. Even more daft than his second yellow fouling an Aberdeen player in the centre circle last year I think it was.

2 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

I think the lack of complaints from his own team suggested they weren’t backing him. I can imagine Brophy is raging with him too. It wasn’t a big swinging elbow but when you throw an arm into an opponent’s face 5 yards from the ref, it was always going to be a red card. 

HT 0-0
Scrappy stuff, which suits us perfectly. Since the red card on seven minutes I think we have contained Killie just fine. 
They've not had a clear cut chance, couple of routine stops from Trev but they've been kept at arms length. 
Gallagher the usual colossus at the back and Main is carrying a bit of a threat and causing problems as the lone striker. 
I expect the 83+ minutes worth of running playing 10 against 11 will eventually tell and Killie will run out winners, won't they?

Only seen it once, so if it was an elbow in the face fair enough.

On the totting up process, looking forward to seeing Main get a freekick with 5 minutes to go for the eighth foul on him 😄 

Would love to see us hold on for a draw here, but going to be a very very long second half.

Think we've done well so far. Kilmarnock have had a lot more of the ball, as you would expect, but they've popped it 5 yards and put balls in the box, which we've deat with. Carson's only real save was from a shot from outside the box.

Our final ball has let us down when we've got into promising positions. 

As well as we've done, 30 years watching St Mirren suggests there's an air on inevitability to conceding.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

Only seen it once, so if it was an elbow in the face fair enough.

On the totting up process, looking forward to seeing Main get a freekick with 5 minutes to go for the eighth foul on him 😄 

Would love to see us hold on for a draw here, but going to be a very very long second half.

Watching the lead up, Ethan is saying something to the ref, then the Killie player gives him a push in the back and he reacts by throwing his arm back and catches him in the face. 

FT 0-0
Fair result I think, two evenly matched teams, even when Killie have an extra man for about 90% of the game, it would seem. 
I kept expecting the Killie cavalry to arrive second half, I'm still waiting. All we got was Jordan Jones off the bench, pleasing to see that he's still shite. One headed chance for the home team all second half? Another fairly straight forward looking save for Carson. Worrying times at Rugby Park.
It was us pushing up and getting corners and creating chances in injury time, and looking the more likely. Grieve should have done better with one that he hit first time, over the bar.
That central spine of Gallagher, Gogic and Main really dominated the whole game I felt. 
Oh and Joe Shaughnessy's rugby tackle to stop a counter in the 95th minute was the undoubted highlight of the game, glorious.