Kilmarnock v St Mirren

5 hours ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Why was the killie boy who shoved Baccus deliberately in the second half not sent off then?

No idea what this even was, but if someone shoved Baccus in the face then that probably should have been a red card.

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Again, the referee being weak and being treated for a mug by St Mirren's players is exactly why some people are complaining about the timewasting. If he'd actually intervened earlier then there wouldn't be the complaints on this thread.

😂

6 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Again, the referee being weak and being treated for a mug by St Mirren's players is exactly why some people are complaining about the timewasting. If he'd actually intervened earlier then there wouldn't be the complaints on this thread.

The extent to which we were wasting time has grown arms and legs in the minds of supporters who are frustrated that they couldn't break down 10 men.

5 minutes ago, houston_bud said:

The extent to which we were wasting time has grown arms and legs in the minds of supporters who are frustrated that they couldn't break down 10 men.

Indeed. 

I think the time wasting tears level would be substantially lower if Killie had won 2-0.  

22 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Ffs, give it a rest. Killie were absolutely piss poor, definitely relegation fodder. I think your tears and snotters should be directed elsewhere.

Erhahon and the Killie player should have both received a yellow. Erhahon for lifting his arm. Killie player has a talent to be a stunt man in Hollywood after his football career is over.  Feels dropping points rather than gaining one point . Was it not reported Killie were lifting that joke of a pitch for grass ? 

St Mirren we’re clearly slowing the game down as much as they could but what team wouldn’t in their situation?

if anyone is anti football it’s Killie, no pace in our passing, no invention in our play. We only have Polworth who is capable of passing the ball forward.
The reason Killie didn’t win yesterday is because we are shite, not because St Mirren took too long over throw ins. I’m dreading our next three games. 

14 minutes ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Ffs, give it a rest. Killie were absolutely piss poor, definitely relegation fodder. I think your tears and snotters should be directed elsewhere.

Two bang average sides. Would not be surprised to see both in a relegation dogfight.

4 hours ago, Ric said:

Jinkies this thread has more action in it than the game did.

Erhahon's red is a red, even despite it being soft. He might have gotten away with it if it had happened the other side of the pitch, but it was literally a handful of yards from the referee who, if you look at the replays, was looking in the direction of the pair. Did McKenzie provoke him? Yeah, but the retaliation was nothing short of petulance and clearly lost us 2 points.

Erhahon has bulked up and become more aggressive in his play over the last 18 months, and that's a good thing - he needed to and fans wanted him to, sadly though his inexperience on when to use that physicality has not progressed at the same rate. There is every chance he will be away in the window and I am not entirely disappointed with that, cashing in on him now seems like the most sensible solution for all parties.

As for the game, it's as clear as clear can be that if we had kept 11 players on the park, we'd have won that game at a canter. Killie hardly made a dent with the man advantage and other than one good header late on, Carson could have a deckchair out and taken a break for large parts of the game.

All in all, I'll take the draw, we were not going to get beaten by this lot even taking into consideration our dreadful away form, and while Erhahon costing us a couple of points, the result sees us 6 points, 2 games and 12 goals ahead of Killie which, judging by the two teams I saw out there yesterday, is a divide I can only presume growing considerably come the end of the season. Who knows, Killie might even avoid the relegation playoff which would have to be seen as a major success for McInnes.

I like Killie, it has to be said, an established club playing at a classic old school stadium, with a decent enough following to make home and away games against them entertaining. I just wish they'd remove the red hand of ulster from their badge, a bit staunch really, and fine if that's cool with their fans then fair enough, but out dated religious imagery isn't a good look.

where is the red hand ?

Edited by killie paninaro

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We would 100% have done the same.

And probably lost 

I agree that we would have gone into a similar low block system without the ball and looked for the odd break, but I'd like to think the time wasting from the 11th minute, play acting, and refusal to leave the park when being subbed would be beneath us. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't recall Killie descending to that level against superior opposition.

It was very much like playing Hamilton back in the day. Just a team that wanted to kill any chance of football being played.

13 minutes ago, Paxo said:

I agree that we would have gone into a similar low block system without the ball and looked for the odd break, but I'd like to think the time wasting from the 11th minute, play acting, and refusal to leave the park when being subbed would be beneath us. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't recall Killie descending to that level against superior opposition.

It was very much like playing Hamilton back in the day. Just a team that wanted to kill any chance of football being played.

Your player that went down as if he'd been shot goes against everything you have just said. 

He definitely play acted to make sure our guy gets sent off, so Killie were no better than us when it came to the play acting and claiming for every little thing in the penalty box. 

The boy staying on his feet, as per the laws of physics for that level of contact, could have prevented it all. He chose to cheat instead.

Surprised the purists aren't furious at him for denying them their normal experience of dazzling football, most importantly, played in the Corinthian spirit.

Or maybe it's all a smokescreen for adults who cannae take it when their team doesn't win 

31 minutes ago, Paxo said:

Yeah killie the beacon of professionalism. The same professional top flight team that play on a plastic pitch, with players rolling about when they get a tap of the face to get an opposition player sent off. Not Ethan’s fault the cheat is about 4 foot 5

36 minutes ago, Paxo said:

We would 100% have done exactly the same, and indeed have on several occasions.

10 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

The boy staying on his feet, as per the laws of physics for that level of contact, could have prevented it all. He chose to cheat instead.

Surprised the purists aren't furious at him for denying them their normal experience of dazzling football, most importantly, played in the Corinthian spirit.

Or maybe it's all a smokescreen for adults who cannae take it when their team doesn't win 

It would have been a red card even if McKenzie had stayed on his feet, given that elbowing someone in the face is always a red card.