Kilmarnock v St Mirren

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Two bang average sides. Would not be surprised to see both in a relegation dogfight.

4 draws and a win in the last 5 games for us.

First two draws at home when a 97th minute St J goal got them an equaliser and then a late VAR Penalty to Rangers got them an equaliser.

Last 2 draws away to Livvy (always a hard place to go) and then a Killie team on (I think?) their best run of the season when down to 10 men for pretty much the whole game.

League is super tight, and I'm far from saying Saints are brilliant, but we just don't seem to have the lack of bottle that would see us go on the kind of run of defeats needed to see the 6-7 teams below us all overtake us.

Let’s be honest. If Kilmarnock had been at our midden, had went down to ten men after seven minutes, and had waltzed off with a 0-0 (having been untroubled, possbly could even have won it, and had indulged in even the teeniest tiniest wee bit of timewasting…).

Their fans would be fcuking loving it…. ‘Hello hello we are the Killie boys’ would still be echoing around the vomitories…. While we’d be the ones perma-raging at the ref, the Killie players, the world at large…

All of the last three pages of this thread are entirely dependent on your glasses being tinted blue & white, or black & white. 😎

Edited by pozbaird

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We would 100% have done exactly the same, and indeed have on several occasions.

I'm honestly struggling to remember any time we've behaved like that for near 90 minutes - can you remind me?

44 minutes ago, Paxo said:

I agree that we would have gone into a similar low block system without the ball and looked for the odd break, but I'd like to think the time wasting from the 11th minute, play acting, and refusal to leave the park when being subbed would be beneath us. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't recall Killie descending to that level against superior opposition.

It was very much like playing Hamilton back in the day. Just a team that wanted to kill any chance of football being played.

The only truly disgraceful bit of playacting in the game was your player diving to get Erhahon sent off. Despicable to be honest and I'm happy to say our players are above that.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It would have been a red card even if McKenzie had stayed on his feet, given that elbowing someone in the face is always a red card.

Serious question - is there a difference between getting your arm at right angles and swinging it at force with the elbow aimed at their face, and using an arm to push someone away and the elbow part of it connects unintentionally?

Leaving yesterday aside, I'm pretty sure there is, and in many games you see them dealt with differently.

As for McKenzie's reaction (and I'm not saying most footballers wouldn't do similar) I was at the Glasgow v Edinburgh rugby game a couple of Fridays ago.

Watching rugby live and close up, even more so than on TV, you see just how hard it can be to get a human being to the ground if they don't want to.

I prefer football to rugby, but the way football players react sometimes really pisses me off.

2 minutes ago, Paxo said:

I'm honestly struggling to remember any time we've behaved like that for near 90 minutes - can you remind me?

Can’t really think of a time we’ve had a man sent off that early. 

Would you be happy if we did it a week on Saturday and beat Celtic on penalties after a 0-0? I know I would be.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

It would have been a red card even if McKenzie had stayed on his feet, given that elbowing someone in the face is always a red card.

Yes, perhaps in the VAR age it is, and Erhahon has almost universally been panned for getting involved.

However, the context of the post is around sportsmanship, and if you are on the ground by choice and not because the laws of physics put you there, I think you can be quite credibly be labelled as a cheat. Whatever the situation and whoever you are.

1 hour ago, killie paninaro said:

where is the red hand ?

I was surprised to read that from a fellow Saints fan. I think Ric is mature with the old eyes not what they once were. We both don't have time for old firm bigotry  we support our local clubs . 

2 hours ago, Paxo said:

I agree that we would have gone into a similar low block system without the ball and looked for the odd break, but I'd like to think the time wasting from the 11th minute, play acting, and refusal to leave the park when being subbed would be beneath us. Maybe I'm wrong, but I can't recall Killie descending to that level against superior opposition.

It was very much like playing Hamilton back in the day. Just a team that wanted to kill any chance of football being played.

Hilarious. I think you also forget Saints leathering the ball away at every opportunity? It’s amazing there were quite a few incidents in the game considering the ball was only in play for about 35 seconds. 

1 hour ago, Paxo said:

When did you last have a player sent off after 7 minutes, that’ll be your answer

2 hours ago, Paxo said:

This is fucking genuinely wonderful. :lol:

27 minutes ago, glenburn bud said:

I remain convinced that had we kept 11 men on the park then we would have won the game. Erhahon was stupid to get involved with that niggly wee cock McKenzie. 

What is the problem St Mirren fans have with McKenzie? I thought it was only a section of Killie fans that behaved this way towards him.

Oh and I challenge the majority of people  to take a surprise forearm on the beak without reaction.

Just watched a re run of game, but they were calling it Arsenal v Newcastle 

40 minutes ago, Jack_Jarvis said:

What is the problem St Mirren fans have with McKenzie? I thought it was only a section of Killie fans that behaved this way towards him.

Oh and I challenge the majority of people  to take a surprise forearm on the beak without reaction.

Just watched a re run of game, but they were calling it Arsenal v Newcastle 

It was an arm raised but come on McKenzie cheated to get him sent off by dropping to the ground with barely a touch on him so called professional footballers sicken me with there diving and cheating every week he deserved what he got from Gogic for cheating