Kilmarnock v St Mirren

2 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

There's no fucking way you're anything approaching old enough to drink. :lol:

I suppose though, there's a chance that you are old enough to drink but you're just a raging simpleton. If that's the case, my apologies. 

Predictable boring reply. Nathin is funnier than you.

Just now, Moomintroll said:

"blouse of a player" is not a good look m9. That said we failed to lay a glove on a team playing with 10 men for pretty much the whole game so that is on us, not the opposing team, if the roles were reversed we would be delighted at an unexpected point under the circumstances.

Nah it’s definitely not a good look. 

3 minutes ago, NFL12 said:

Predictable boring reply. Nathin is funnier than you.

Until you become something more than a played out 'drunk football fan who knows f**k all about f**k all' trope, then you'll get the replies that befit your shitey opinions.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

Until you become something more than a played out 'drunk football fan who knows f**k all about f**k all' trope, then you'll get the replies that befit your shitey opinions.

Well, DJ I can see I got to you there. And predictably another boring reply from you. Nae imagination. 

15 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

1 minute of injury time in the first half and 5 in the second suggests you're full of shite.

I doubt anyone would be complaining about timewasting if the referee had actually added the time on, the fact that there were only 6 minutes of stoppage time is sort of the point.

I'm not the one complaining about it because I think it's part of the game and something we would absolutely have been doing in the same position, but it's a bit daft to come on and pretend it wasn't happening pretty much from the moment you went down to 10 men.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I doubt anyone would be complaining about timewasting if the referee had actually added the time on, the fact that there were only 6 minutes of stoppage time is sort of the point.

I'm not the one complaining about it because I think it's part of the game and something we would absolutely have been doing in the same position, but it's a bit daft to come on and pretend it wasn't happening pretty much from the moment you went down to 10 men.

What would killie have done with all that time we wasted? The square root of hee haw as you done for the rest of the game 

Edited by NathanDrake88

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

His set pieces are atrocious as well. Either straight into the keepers hands or can't beat the first man. 

If Tanser’s one big strength is crossing/corners then he’s fucked! Think Ethan took corners at the last home game, so he’s been pumped from them too.

Wouldnt be shocked to see another LWB come in.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That's the part I take umbrage with. It definitely wasn't happening from the 8th minute. Towards the middle of the second half yeah it kicked in as is the norm but it's absolutely disingenuous to suggest we were time-wasting from 8 minutes in FFS.

2 minutes ago, NathanDrake88 said:

What would killie have done with all that time we wasted? The square root of hee haw as you done for the rest of the game 

If yer auntie had baws argument there. We would probably done nothin Nathin. 

3 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

If Tanser’s one big strength is crossing/corners then he’s fucked! Think Ethan took corners at the last home game, so he’s been pumped from them too.

I was thinking that during the game, the quality of his deliveries has really dropped off. 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's the part I take umbrage with. It definitely wasn't happening from the 8th minute. Towards the middle of the second half yeah it kicked in as is the norm but it's absolutely disingenuous to suggest we were time-wasting from 8 minutes in FFS.

You were. It was clear. The throw ins were where it was most noticeable. And it started just after the sending off (or goal as I called it earlier).

Edited by NFL12

3 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

LWB is probably my main priority.  The difference in quality between Strain and RWB and Tanser at LWB was obvious and Kilmarnock also knew this. They targeted Tanser today and didn't bother sp much with Strain as knew they'd get significantly less our of him. Dunne saved Tanser's arse many a time.

The worst left back at letting opposition wingers have a free run at them in the box since Callum Waters. I used to lose my shit at Waters for doing the same thing. Tanser's distribution got him away with it last season but it's went off a cliff this season. 

7 minutes ago, buddie06smfc said:

Presumably these Killie fans will be equally disgusted with McKenzie for feigning a head injury as early as the 7th minute? Was that time wasting as well as an attempt to get an opponent sent off? I’d say so. Disappointing to see such early time wasting. 

I think the purpose of time wasting and it’s preferable outcome has passed you by buddie. 

I think some folk are being a bit harsh on Tanser tbh. I think he had a ropy first half hour, which of course was played right in front of the Saints fans so it sticks in the memory, but past that I thought he was pretty good. He was up against the Killie danger man, and yeah, he let him run off him a couple of times early, but later on I think he pulled himself together and ended up contributing pretty well in all honesty. Dunne, Tanser and Kiltie on the left was never going to look as solid as Strain, Baccus and Fraser on the right, but I honestly think if you went back and watched it again Tanser contributed pretty well.

Corners were a bit shite though.

In the end a decent point given the early red card. 5 points against Aberdeen at home and Livi and Killie away is decent enough. 

Wasn't pretty but we did what he had to do and most teams would have done the same. Could have nicked it with Greive at the end. 

Get why Killie would be disappointed to play at home against 10 for 80 odd mins and take only a point but some posts are wild. 

With the circumstances from 7 minutes in, think we missed Alebiousu today (presumably still injured).

Had he been available at RB we would have pace with both him and Armstrong down that side. Then, had we hooked Alston at HT for Jones, would have had more pace down the left for the 2nd half, rather than just for 20 mins or so.

For 10 men, having to defend against more pace from both flanks, rather than just the right (Armstrong) might have made the difference.

Edited by Jedi

Assumed since VAR had reviewed it that Ethan had elbowed McKenzie but having now seen the incident again I hope the club appeal it, never in a million years is that a red card offence.

Really felt for Brophy who got his first start in forever and then had to be sacrificed after 10 minutes because of the red.

After the sending off I thought we defended really well, Carson made two very good saves but we also had a couple of half chances ourselves and could easily have won it at the death if Grieve had shown a wee bit more composure.

Two tough away games, two red cards, but two points banked and 5 without defeat. I'll take that.