Kilmarnock v St Mirren

Shaughnessy's yellow card 😂. Fucking brilliant.

Gallagher, Strain, Fraser, Gogic, Main, Dunne, Carson, Kiltie were all incredible today. Stood up and were counted. Only failure in the team today was Erhahon sadly. He should donate his wages to his team mates. 

Apart from forcing Carson into a couple of stunning saves, Killie didn't look like scoring at all. We defended so well and at times looked good on the break. If Grieve scored that chance I dare to think what would have happened in the away end.

49 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Having an IPTV sub means you  don't have to listen to the opposition commentary. 

The St. Mirren TV boys gave an excellent tribute to Frank McGarvey.

My 2 pals were on comms today - I’ll pass that on!

I understand Kilmarnock fans' frustrations, we certainly took every opportunity to slow the game down, but I didn't think there was much outrageous time wasting. Gallagher coming up to take lobg throws wouldve happened regardless of the score. I thought Dunne's booking was a bit of a joke, we were well on top at that point and had no reason to waste time. The booking actually ended up wasting more time.

Baccus stayed down near the end of the game, a few players rushed to him obviously telling him to stay down. That was clearly to waste time, but the Kilmarnock boy cynically fouled him so I'd be pointing fingers closer to home.

2 hours ago, NathanDrake88 said:

Showed today that we are a much better team than Killie. Probably would have won by a few if we had kept 11 men on the park. Decent point considering 

We also drew 0-0 in Paisley, when we were marginally the better team. There's clearly not a massive difference between us.

Bit disappointed we didn't win that. Played exactly the way we should approach playing with ten men, just a bit wasteful on the counter at times but cant fault the effort and commitment.

Killie are what I expected, a poor side. Their only threat going forward is either Armstrong or set pieces - thats how they get most of their goals and even then, they've only scored 15 in 20 games. Maybe Kyle Vassell will come along and save them. Worrying times in East Ayrshire, especially when you look at the fixtures coming up.

On a positive note the Killie pie was top notch. On a more bizarre note, cheerleaders at the football? How very 1970's. I suppose Ayrshire people maybe haven't realised the world has moved on.

16 minutes ago, Torfason said:

Sad Inside Out GIF

F88C6251-24E7-441E-A88C-26327DBEACDC.jpeg

Fantastic. Not only are we the most physical side in Scotland’s top flight, we’re diving, cheating, timewasting scum too.

Ah, time for a shandy. Maybe a wee bowl of cheesy puffs too. 

3 hours ago, Bobby_F said:

When you see the reaction from the Killie player I've no doubt they were targeting him.

And yes, he shouldn't have reacted, but didn't look like it had anything like the force needed for that to be a straight red.

Erhahon got weirdly wound up when Doidge clumsily stumbled over the top of him for a nothing foul about a minute earlier. He was clearly spoiling for a fight from kick-off and it was one of the daftest red cards I've seen at Rugby Park in a long time.

Saints are absolutely one of the worst teams to play against with 10 men though, Main is an absolute pest of a forward and the three centre-backs (plus Shaughnessy when he came on) are excellent at defending their box.

Charles Dunne was comfortably the best player on the park today - the only place Killie were threatening to get joy was down their right and Dunne had that covered where Tanser really struggled.

Scott Tanser lets his man get past him every single time. Every. Single. Time.

Edited by djchapsticks

14 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

We also drew 0-0 in Paisley, when we were marginally the better team. There's clearly not a massive difference between us.

Yeah true, although we were extremely poor and by all accounts the best you had played this season up until that point. 

I quite like Killie as a team but fear for you going into the later parts of the season. 

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Charles Dunne was comfortably the best player on the part today - the only place Killie were threatening to get joy was down their right.

Scott Tanser lets his man get past him every single time. Every. Single. Time.

His set pieces are atrocious as well. Either straight into the keepers hands or can't beat the first man. 

26 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Bit disappointed we didn't win that. Played exactly the way we should approach playing with ten men, just a bit wasteful on the counter at times but cant fault the effort and commitment.

Killie are what I expected, a poor side. Their only threat going forward is either Armstrong or set pieces - thats how they get most of their goals and even then, they've only scored 15 in 20 games. Maybe Kyle Vassell will come along and save them. Worrying times in East Ayrshire, especially when you look at the fixtures coming up.

On a positive note the Killie pie was top notch. On a more bizarre note, cheerleaders at the football? How very 1970's. I suppose Ayrshire people maybe haven't realised the world has moved on.

What kind of weirdo notices cheer leaders… then complains about them?

Edited by NFL12

Quite funny how St Mirren fans think that they are much better than Kilmarnock. There's a touch of arrogance based upon absolutely nothing.

It was a much better point for Saints today than it was for us, but that's about it. Both teams were absolutely hoaching and served up a game that would get football stopped. If St Mirren fans are happy with that then you are so very easily pleased.

Credit to the large travelling support, both clubs supporting the fixture in good numbers.

6 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Quite funny how St Mirren fans think that they are much better than Kilmarnock. There's a touch of arrogance based upon absolutely nothing.

It was a much better point for Saints today than it was for us, but that's about it. Both teams were absolutely hoaching and served up a game that would get football stopped. If St Mirren fans are happy with that then you are so very easily pleased.

Credit to the large travelling support, both clubs supporting the fixture in good numbers.

It’s coz we have a “sense of entitlement “ according to Hendo. It allows them to try to defend an elbow smash into an opposing player.

Edited by NFL12

2 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Not as funny as the tear stained posts from Kilmarnock fans.

9 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

I don’t think there’s much between many clubs in the division. Just my opinion, but I reckon Aberdeen and Hibs are every bit as shite as Kilmarnock.

Don’t tar us all with the same entitled brush. 😜

1 hour ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Shaughnessy's yellow card 😂. Fucking brilliant.

Gallagher, Strain, Fraser, Gogic, Main, Dunne, Carson, Kiltie were all incredible today. Stood up and were counted. Only failure in the team today was Erhahon sadly. He should donate his wages to his team mates. 

Apart from forcing Carson into a couple of stunning saves, Killie didn't look like scoring at all. We defended so well and at times looked good on the break. If Grieve scored that chance I dare to think what would have happened in the away end.

Shaughnessy's foul was tremendous. As was gogic finally giving McKenzie something to clutch his face over. I thought the Killie TV heads were going to explode.