Kilmarnock v St Mirren

McInnes put a team out on the park on Wednesday that actually looked good. Until we can strengthen in January he's probably found his strongest starting 11 - I personally would play Shaw over Doidge but there's not exactly much between them.

Think St Mirren will be a tougher test than Aberdeen, mind you, but hopefully we can maintain our good home form. 

Hendo, this is one Killie thread you can come post in without making yourself look an absolute weirdo, so batter in.

Given Kilmarnock's home form and our away, i would probably take a draw.

I reckon Brophy should start, it would be harsh to drop Ayunga but Brophy did really well when he came on against Livingston. 

Wonder if Gogic or Kiltie will come in for O'Hara. Kiltie deserves a start but Gogic will give us a bit more bite in midfield. 

23 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

McInnes put a team out on the park on Wednesday that actually looked good. Until we can strengthen in January he's probably found his strongest starting 11 - I personally would play Shaw over Doidge but there's not exactly much between them.

Think St Mirren will be a tougher test than Aberdeen, mind you, but hopefully we can maintain our good home form. 

Hendo, this is one Killie thread you can come post in without making yourself look an absolute weirdo, so batter in.

Doidge played pretty well on Wednesday. Generally speaking I would agree re: Shaw but I think/hope we start with the same 11 on Monday.

Brophy has to start. On Wed he kept possession well and his passing was fast and accurate. Made the goal and although he should have passed to Main for a winner at least he had the conviction to shoot. And I'd probably play Kiltie to replace O'Hara. Rugby Park has never been a happy hunting ground for the games I have attended over many years. But this is a new era so an Away win.

4 hours ago, houston_bud said:

Given Kilmarnock's home form and our away, i would probably take a draw.

I reckon Brophy should start, it would be harsh to drop Ayunga but Brophy did really well when he came on against Livingston. 

Wonder if Gogic or Kiltie will come in for O'Hara. Kiltie deserves a start but Gogic will give us a bit more bite in midfield. 

I think if we are serious about trying to qualify for Europe this season, we really need to be winning against teams like Killie.

Given nearly all Killies goals this season have either come from set pieces or had involvement from Armstrong, I think all we need to do is defend properly and double up on their only decent player, if we do that we should win.

Hoping for a big crowd to help Killie realise their ambition of building their own training ground, bless them.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

I think if we are serious about trying to qualify for Europe this season, we really need to be winning against teams like Killie.

Given nearly all Killies goals this season have either come from set pieces or had involvement from Armstrong, I think all we need to do is defend properly and double up on their only decent player, if we do that we should win.

Hoping for a big crowd to help Killie realise their ambition of building their own training ground, bless them.

Apart from the fact you are a wind up merchant what makes you think your small club will be consistantly in this league. You are wetting yourself on the basis of the best league start you have had for almost a many years you have been in the lower league. You have a pretty average squad. You advocate playing a guy with a season ticket to the physios room and one who hides when things get tough. We are only 2 wins away from your lot and have played 8 games without a real striker thank to Lafferty's indiscretion.

Your manager is a 1/2 season manager , starts well but falls away in the second half of most seasons.

Bets of luck, enjoy the game though you probably will watch on PPV

12 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

Apart from the fact you are a wind up merchant what makes you think your small club will be consistantly in this league. You are wetting yourself on the basis of the best league start you have had for almost a many years you have been in the lower league. You have a pretty average squad. You advocate playing a guy with a season ticket to the physios room and one who hides when things get tough. We are only 2 wins away from your lot and have played 8 games without a real striker thank to Lafferty's indiscretion.

Your manager is a 1/2 season manager , starts well but falls away in the second half of most seasons.

A pretty good one it would seem.

27 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

Wring your panties out FFS. :lol:

Killie have probably been the closest to any team of beating us at home since we lost to Motherwell but couldn't finish their dinner on the day. 

Based on that, our away form, and that it's not too happy a hunting ground for us, happy if we just get something out the game and continue to improve our away form a little. 

40 minutes ago, KTID26 said:

Touched a nerve.

Already got tickets, hopefully you'll appreciate the Paisley pound.

I do think you need to calm down a bit. Like most Saints fans, I know where we are as a club. This is probably our best league season since I started supporting them 40 years ago. It might not last, we could indeed fall like a stone, end up bottom 6 and having to beat the likes of yourselves to avoid being sucked into a relegation battle. I doubt it this season, but it could happen.

You, on the other hand, like a lot of Killie fans on here, seem to have some weird sense of entitlement which is crazy given the state of your squad, which is mainly made of injury prone journeymen and youngsters on loan, most of whom cant even get in the team. Fair play, you have a decent manager evidenced by a total of 19 points which is a massive overachievement with that squad.

You may win on Monday. Armstrong might play a blinder, and we might not defend set pieces properly. Equally, we may win as we have generally better players than you at the moment. Who knows. However, we are both similar sized clubs who will have ups and downs, so please calm it down with the Billy big baws patter.

1 hour ago, KTID26 said:

Oh dear, your blood is boiling my man

33 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Touched a nerve.

Already got tickets, hopefully you'll appreciate the Paisley pound.

I do think you need to calm down a bit. Like most Saints fans, I know where we are as a club. This is probably our best league season since I started supporting them 40 years ago. It might not last, we could indeed fall like a stone, end up bottom 6 and having to beat the likes of yourselves to avoid being sucked into a relegation battle. I doubt it this season, but it could happen.

You, on the other hand, like a lot of Killie fans on here, seem to have some weird sense of entitlement which is crazy given the state of your squad, which is mainly made of injury prone journeymen and youngsters on loan, most of whom cant even get in the team. Fair play, you have a decent manager evidenced by a total of 19 points which is a massive overachievement with that squad.

You may win on Monday. Armstrong might play a blinder, and we might not defend set pieces properly. Equally, we may win as we have generally better players than you at the moment. Who knows. However, we are both similar sized clubs who will have ups and downs, so please calm it down with the Billy big baws patter.

I am perfectly calm. Where does the Billy big baws come from? I have only mentioned your small club I have not stated Killie are bigger. I have no sense of entitlement I know our place in the grand scheme of things. Your failure to comment on some points made about 2 of your players and your manager I think says more about you. 

1 minute ago, KTID26 said:

I am perfectly calm. Where does the Billy big baws come from? I have only mentioned your small club I have not stated Killie are bigger. I have no sense of entitlement I know our place in the grand scheme of things. Your failure to comment on some points made about 2 of your players and your manager I think says more about you. 

Yes, it says that I found those points either irrelevant or lacking in evidence, so I decided to ignore your slaverings.

1 hour ago, KTID26 said:

Breathe Chill Out GIF by KreativCopy