Winter '23 Transfer Thread

16 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Stirling Albion keep Kai Fotheringham and add Flynn Duffy on loan from Dundee United:

Duffy a good signing for you lads looked good at Peterhead last year.

• Div pinned this topic

Weirdly hasn't been announced anywhere I don't think; but Bonnyrigg have addressed their keeper issue by signing Paddy Martin on loan from Falkirk. He made his debut today.

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-fc-paddy-martin-makes-loan-move-to-bonnyrigg-rose-athletic-3996277

Edit: They've also signed Robbie McGale from Peterhead

https://www.bonnyriggrosefc.co.uk/news/mcgale-makes-rose-switch-2755421.html

Edited by Jan Vojáček

1 hour ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Weirdly hasn't been announced anywhere I don't think; but Bonnyrigg have addressed their keeper issue by signing Paddy Martin on loan from Falkirk. He made his debut today.

Makes me think. Why don’t clubs use the element of surprise more. If we were clearly short of striker options and our opponent planned for that, and we signed a great striker… wouldn’t it be better to not announce it and just have them show up at the match? Or am I being naive and they’d see it on some system, rather than get signing news from Twitter like we do?

Edited by BazMac