Greenock Morton vs Ayr United

7 hours ago, Mr.Blue said:

What exactly do 'cutting edge top of the range' covers look like?

I mean maybe ones which can protect a grass pitch against a night of -3 temperatures which isn't exactly ice age temperatures.

Just a thought...

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

I mean maybe ones which can protect a grass pitch against a night of -3 temperatures which isn't exactly ice age temperatures.

Just a thought...

I'm sure the club would welcome you with open arms to share your expertise on the matter.

• 2 months later...

Aye get this called off. Mullin won’t be back anytime soon but I’d be hoping Murdoch can be back for Falkirk as well as Musonda. O’Connor won’t be suspended for that one either. 

Not so sure. Reckon Morton will actually put effort and time into getting this game on. Unlike Cove Rangers in the cup game a few weeks back.

Though a postponement wouldn't exactly be a disaster for one team involved 😗

Edited by Oceanlineayr
Addition

I'm a little sceptical with all of the negativity from the Ayr fans. Our games have all been very close this season and don't see this one being any different.  We should be looking to win our home games but it won't be as simple as turning up and winning. 

1 hour ago, Mr.Blue said:

I'm a little sceptical with all of the negativity from the Ayr fans. Our games have all been very close this season and don't see this one being any different.  We should be looking to win our home games but it won't be as simple as turning up and winning. 

They were close when we were just shite, we are now utter shite. 

Always a bit nervous going into games that seem like a 'big opportunity' for us, on this occasion the opportunity to more or less put Ayr away (and away fans giving it the 'foregone conclusion' patter makes it worse).

That said, if Quitongo is fit and we line up Schwake-Grimshaw-Baird-Ambrose-Waters-Gillespie-Blues-R. Crawford-Quitongo-Oakley-McGrattan in a familiar 4-3-3, it's an opportunity we should be taking.

If Quitongo doesn't make it, I wouldn't be surprised if Imrie goes with the 4-4-2 diamond we finished with yesterday, which gets Ali Crawford into the team alongside both Muirhead and Oakley. Wouldn't be entirely confident about that usually, but it might be the way to go against a team who set up like Ayr.

It's been done to death (by me, mostly), but if we see Muirhead trundling around on the right-hand side again, totally exposing the full-back behind him, I'll be a lot less confident.

Assuming Sir Douglas has finally learned that lesson...

2-1 Morton.

Think a back 5 might be in needed for this without Mullin and O'Connor

Albinson

Houston Musonda Kirk McGinty Reading 

Smith McAleer Dempsey

Akinyemi McKenzie

Morton should piss the game regardless, 2-0 home win. 

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Think a back 5 might be in needed for this without Mullin and O'Connor

Albinson

Houston Musonda Kirk McGinty Reading 

Smith McAleer Dempsey

Akinyemi McKenzie

Morton should piss the game regardless, 2-0 home win. 

Club are supposedly appealing the O’Connor red card so he’ll be available for Tuesday.

3 hours ago, Paisley Ton said:

After all the effort we have put in to hold back QP and give you lot a chance expect you to root for us again .

The comeback is no doubt appreciated, but despite my secret, deep-rooted love for the Morten, I don't think I could commit to that.

I hope it's an entertaining nil-nil draw though! 😊

Edited by RossBFaeDundee