Greenock Morton vs Ayr United

22 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I think you are always going to be biased towards your own side - when you are doing well anyway. There is also ignorance involved in terms of some of the opposing sides players. For example there is no way I would consider Gillespie good enough to get near Dempsey or Murdoch but I’m aware he has done well for you. My joint team would look a little like this:

Albinson 

Grimshaw  Musonda   Ambrose  Strapp

Crawford Murdoch Dempsey 

Chalmers                                Mullin 
                           Akinyemi 

I know McGrattan seems to be highly rated, I just don’t know enough about him so every chance he comes in for Mullin. Musonda, Dempsey, Chalmers, Musonda and Akinyemi are all absolute stick ons for me. 

That’s a reasonable pick, though if it’s on current form places may have to be found for Gillespie and McGrattan, who’ve both been essential to our 11 game unbeaten run.

My guess is keeping it under wraps until the day and asking for fans to arrive early means the legend in question is alive and they're having something long lasting done in their honour, so I'll go for naming the stand or another end of the ground after Allan McGraw.

3 hours ago, Oceanlineayr said:

After last Friday I'd take a draw right now from this. Morton still looking like a solid team

Against Dundee we were shaky at the back with a worrying lack of attacking threat. Would be helpful if Mullin is back fit for this.

Musonda and Kirk have been considerable misses.

I would say Mullin will play 

4 hours ago, rb123! said:

If Mullin is back i'd be playing him at RB, other option for RB would be Sam Ashford unless Ecrepont gets put back in there

Mullins pace would be useful at RB. Would definitely offer something going forward.

I'd guess Bullen would probably put Ecrepont at RB with Reading at LB. Mullin would be on the wing. I don't see him putting Ashford in a defensive position.

18 minutes ago, Oceanlineayr said:

Mullins pace would be useful at RB. Would definitely offer something going forward.

I'd guess Bullen would probably put Ecrepont at RB with Reading at LB. Mullin would be on the wing. I don't see him putting Ashford in a defensive position.

What about Hewitt at right back ? Or even Kirk in middle of defence and McCallister at right back 

57 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

What about Hewitt at right back ? Or even Kirk in middle of defence and McCallister at right back 

For me, McAllister has been better at CB but only marginally. I’d be interested to see how Mullin did at right back. Is Hewitt likely to be called back on the 1st? 

If the earlier rumour was right we might have a new face in the squad but that might have changed if Kirk is back sooner than expected. 

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

For me, McAllister has been better at CB but only marginally. I’d be interested to see how Mullin did at right back. Is Hewitt likely to be called back on the 1st? 

If the earlier rumour was right we might have a new face in the squad but that might have changed if Kirk is back sooner than expected. 

If Mullin does play at RB who do we play on the wing? Ashford doesn’t deserve a start after his performance at Firhill and JML is probably suffering from the Craig McGuffie syndrome whereby he’s looked good coming off the bench but hasn’t looked up to it when he’s started. 

11 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If Mullin does play at RB who do we play on the wing? Ashford doesn’t deserve a start after his performance at Firhill and JML is probably suffering from the Craig McGuffie syndrome whereby he’s looked good coming off the bench but hasn’t looked up to it when he’s started. 

For me, Mitchell-Lawson is borderline useless. There’s no doubt he’s had a couple good moments but his positional sense is horrific and he’s got very little idea of how to use his pace to his advantage. He came on against Dundee and spent most of the time sitting narrower than Reading on the same side as him. His end product is also suspect. He’s the type who will have four or five standout moment over a season. So far he’s scored a great goal against Arbroath and that’s about it. 

As for your question I’m not sure. I wouldn’t be against giving Ashford another go on the left. He’s done it before and looked fine. You’ve then got Chalmers and Mullin on the same side which would be interesting to see. 

7 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Maybe if the João Balde rumours are true.  

On 29/12/2022 at 14:36, callum-ayr said:

Will Grimshaw be available?  Wasn't sure if his contract was until 31st December then he is free to sign elsewhere for the start of January or what.  For all is well in the forward areas, we desperately miss Musonda and Kirk who actually play out from the back and start our attacks.  Seen someone say Kirk was about Somerset today, so if that is true and is available it would be a huge boost.

I'd go with the below team, don't think Kirk will be ready for it so i think Mullin is best alterative at RB, him and Chalmers on the same side is quite an interesting prospect. It's also clear that JML struggles out on the wing so i think it would be worth trying him in the middle of the pitch in a kind of CAM role almost like what Moff did, agaist Baird and Lithgow he'd certainly have the pace on them to get in behind off any lay offs from Dipo...     

Albinson

Mullin McAllister McGinty Reading 

Chalmers Murdoch Dempsey McKenzie

JML

Dipo