Greenock Morton vs Ayr United

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

The actual nick of the wee jakebaw in the chinos. Morton celebrating the "gaffer didn't shake Sean McGintys hand cos he has scored and assisted and rattled us so much" trophy is astonishing  🤣🤣🤣

Tbh that's disgraceful from Imrie.  

12 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Tbh that's disgraceful from Imrie.  

It's embarrassing to see someone act that way.  He's obviously got a massive amount of goodwill in the bank and deservedly so based on results so far, but alarm bells are ringing there if I'm a Ton fan about how he copes if for example you start next season badly.  Getting the fans onside by being 'wide' after a defeat won't last for long. 

Edited by Hursty

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What did Jack Baird do like? 

Nothing in the first half but just being a general dirty b*****d in the second in front of the Ayr support and smiling up every time he tried to injure Dipo.

The most embarrassing thing about Dimrie is that he is still wearing those ridiculous white chino’s. They don’t look as if they have been washed since that game at Firhill either!!

Edited by Sting777

17 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

The most embarrassing thing about Dimrie is that he is still wearing those ridiculous white chino’s. They don’t look as if they have been washed since that game at Firhill either!!

I heard it's because he found out that white is more effective at camouflaging piss stains. 

Let's just hope he doesn't shit himself too

Edited by UpInTheAyr

Imrie playing to the galleries with that, especially with it being McGinty.  He doesn't do it if he gets a result, knows exactly what he's doing. 

Surprising, but welcome 3 points and could and welcome timing with Falkirk on Monday and Dundee sandwiched in between Hamilton and Cove.  Maguire could be vital now with Mullin out for a while in terms of having leadership and know how qualities.  Hoping this will be us coming out this bad run and maybe hit a wee bit of form.  If he can secure a place in the top 3 plus Hampden, it will be a great season overall.  Add to all that Musonda coming back and *fingers crossed* Murdoch not far away, we may just have a good end to the season.

McGinty was being an arsehole and sarcastically clapping the Morton support to further rile them up. Dougie was walking passed and said you should be clapping your own support rather than the Morton support. 

That's basically what happened 

7 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

McGinty was being an arsehole and sarcastically clapping the Morton support to further rile them up. Dougie was walking passed and said you should be clapping your own support rather than the Morton support. 

Managers need to be bigger than that. He honestly acted like a 12 year old

Lovely three points and I hope the players take a lot of confidence from it because you can see they've been lacking it lately. 

Do Morton fans give mcGinty pelters purely because he wasn't very good for them and winding him up might mean a mistake or five? Otherwise, I can't get my head around it. Teams up and down the country year in year out have players who don't cut it there. It's not his fault he had shit coaches at Thistle and Morton (and Ayr for a while), and it's not his fault Bullen has managed to coach him into being a serviceable CB at this level. Plus he's a good guy. Losing the rag over guys like McGinty on a cold Tuesday night in Greenock is baffling behaviour to me, but here we are.

Any time I've seen Morton on the telly or in highlights videos I'm sure I've seen Grimshaw in midfield and the boy McGrattan playing and have been really impressed with both, is Imrie trying to shoe horn in latterly signed players?

4 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Managers need to be bigger than that. He honestly acted like a 12 year old

McGinty was acting like a tit. Even Baird had a go at him after the final whistle too. His team won the game, go over and applaud your own fans, it's as simple as that. 

17 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

After McGinty received dogs abuse all game. I’d expect Imrie would know a thing or two about that.

18 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Listen, football fans are hilarious (Ayr fans included) they can shout whatever they want, some absolute vile can be shouted at times.  The moment a player gives some back it's tear stained piss like this that comes out.

22 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Being an arsehole for sarcastically applauding after taking abuse for an entire game? Really.

20 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Any time I've seen Morton on the telly or in highlights videos I'm sure I've seen Grimshaw in midfield and the boy McGrattan playing and have been really impressed with both, is Imrie trying to shoe horn in latterly signed players?

Funny how you picked that up watching a few games.

Very high % points total when McGrattan plays. Yes Grimshaw is a very good option in midfield.

Dougis as manager makes the choice of who plays, where they and against who. That's what he is paid to do and has delivered, so far, this season.

I felt the game was fairly even but as a contest was over after the third. The loss of Strapp is evident each week and it was good we got a replacement it's just that he has weakened the team.

That being said, last night was a disappointment. Playing an injured animal and not realising the potential danger. Attracted one of our best Tuesday night turnouts even on a CL TV night. Had an off night.

So up and on, the Jags on Saturday it's the Championship no certainties but playoff spot still realistic.

Edited by Paisley Ton
Why not

Ayr's performance was good, particularly in the second half. Sticking players in front of Oakley/Muirhead to cut off the supply of high balls was effective - just as Arbroath did at the end of January in their win. 

In the first half we actually played well enough going forward but the defending sold the jerseys. Set-pieces were a problem all night and Schwake should never be beaten for the third goal at his near post. That's plain inexperience showing. We have been going behind and fighting back game after game recently, which is never going to be sustainable. 

The side is a bit unbalanced at the moment and we need to get back to basics with a midfield that presses well and harasses the opposition. Ayr, Arbroath and Cove have all done that side of the game better than us in the past 6 weeks. Blues has outlived his purpose and should be on the bench now that we have many other options available. I've little doubt Imrie will get the balance right again but there might be a few more bumps on the road to get there.