Greenock Morton vs Ayr United

On 04/03/2023 at 22:37, Oceanlineayr said:

Not so sure. Reckon Morton will actually put effort and time into getting this game on. Unlike Cove Rangers in the cup game a few weeks back.

You lot STILL moaning about that even though it massively worked in your favour?

7 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Club are supposedly appealing the O’Connor red card so he’ll be available for Tuesday.

Only if the appeal is heard before Tuesday evening.  

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

It’ll surely need to be or the suspension delayed? Otherwise there is no purpose to an appeals process if you miss a game anyway. 

I think it used to be that way but certain clubs abused the process and I'm sure it changed.  

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

I think it used to be that way but certain clubs abused the process and I'm sure it changed.  

6 minutes ago, D.Armour Appreciation Society said:

Pretty sure it was abused, and changed accordingly.

Surely it would need to be changed to include a fast track appeals process then… 

And yes, I am aware it is the SFA. 

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Surely it would need to be changed to include a fast track appeals process then… 

Isn't that exactly what it is?

To be fair, doesn't take long for them to tell you to bolt.

Edited by Jamie_M

Hopefully Quitongo is fit for this one, felt we really missed his pace and attacking threat on Saturday. Fact he wasn't on the bench tells me he might be out for a bit longer though.

Muirhead on either wing is pretty pointless. Needs to be either up top alongside Oakley or on the bench. 

Difficult to predict how we will line up these days as we have decent options now. Think Gillespie will come back in for sure.

No matter how we line up, we should be good enough to beat a struggling Ayr side, devoid of confidence. If we do win, i doubt Ayr have it in them to overtake us going into the last quarter. 5 defeats in their last 9 must be a concern for a team who were flying a few months back. Guess losing Murdoch and Charmers has had an impact and now Mullin too. 

I'm surprised to see calls for Bullen to go right enough. I've been quite impressed by him since he joined you. If you win tomorrow, you are only 5 points off top going into the last quarter. I'm sure all Ayr fans would have bit your hand off for that scenario at the start of the season. In saying that, i hope you get royally pumped tomorrow night.

Edited by madton

43 minutes ago, Jamie_M said:

Isn't that exactly what it is?

Any fast-track appeals process worth its name would have had the card rescinded by 5pm on the day.

Anyway, doesn't the appeals process still requires the referee to admit to making a mistake? The one thing Neil Doncaster ever tried to change for the better in Scottish football and the blazer mafia shot him down.

24 minutes ago, madton said:

I'm surprised to see calls for Bullen to go right enough. I've been quite impressed by him since he joined you. If you win tomorrow, you are only 5 points off top going into the last quarter. I'm sure all Ayr fans would have bit your hand off for that scenario at the start of the season.

With the club handing out long-term contracts and having massively increased its revenue outwith match days, and finding itself gifted with a 20-goal-a-season striker out of the blue, Ayr practically had relegation survival in the bag at the end of September. There's been little ever since then (with the exception of Paul "Lol" Hartley) that's made it worth turning up since then.

Edited by Thumper

55 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Any fast-track appeals process worth its name would have had the card rescinded by 5pm on the day.

Haven't seen the incident. But doubt Ayr would have drafted their appeal just a few minutes after full time for that to work.

53 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Look like it’s going to be glorious and freezing - game on?

5E95BCF6-AC99-4BC6-9834-79914D38E161.jpeg

If they are wanting the game on this time they may decide to put their pitch covers down before the ground is frozen rather than after it was frozen solid.

20 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

If they are wanting the game on this time they may decide to put their pitch covers down before the ground is frozen rather than after it was frozen solid.

There’s no doubt that Morton want the game to be on, just as they did last time, and since we have an excellent groundsman and staff I’m sure they will be at least as aware of the weather conditions as you are.  And about when pitch covers are useful in saving a game, as well as when they aren’t.

But thank you for your valued and knowledgeable input. 👍

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

15 hours ago, Jamie_M said:

You lot STILL moaning about that even though it massively worked in your favour?

Was more an observation about Cove's apparent attempt at shenanigans to try and buy time to settle in new players and wait for their injury list to clear.

Club's at this level should at the very least put in a sincere effort to mitigate the impact of weather so there's the best chance of getting the game to go ahead.

Fortunately it worked in our favour that time but it won't always work out like that.

5 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

And yes, I am aware it is the SFA. 

Club said today he is currently available for tomorrow’s match 

1 hour ago, TheGoon said:

If we’ve serious ambitions of the title, or even 2nd, we probably need maximum points from these next two. 

Difficult, but we’re capable of it.

I would agree, and a win at Arbroath to follow would really put us in a great position.