Greenock Morton vs Ayr United

13 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

For me, McAllister has been better at CB but only marginally. I’d be interested to see how Mullin did at right back. Is Hewitt likely to be called back on the 1st? 

If the earlier rumour was right we might have a new face in the squad but that might have changed if Kirk is back sooner than expected. 

That’s a bit harsh on McAllister.  He was excellent against Raith and didn’t do a lot wrong against Partick or Raith (despite having essentially no defensive cover at right back in both games).  Playing Mullin at right back would surely be a massive waste as we badly need a goal threat in the wide areas given how defensive we are in the middle of the park and how limited our striker options are beyond Dipo.

15 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

For me, Mitchell-Lawson is borderline useless.

That's a bit harsh.

Tbf that's how I would describe Ashford. I genuinely don't know what the guy brings to the team when he is on. Every move breaks down with him either losing the ball, missing a sitter or conceding a foul. Utterly Infuriating as there is a player in there somewhere!

6 hours ago, Trogdor said:

That's a bit harsh.

Tbf that's how I would describe Ashford. I genuinely don't know what the guy brings to the team when he is on. Every move breaks down with him either losing the ball, missing a sitter or conceding a foul. Utterly Infuriating as there is a player in there somewhere!

Bit harsh, yes. Too early to say, hopefully he isn't of the McDaid/McGuffie mould.

Ashford has regressed a fair bit from when he joined, when he was at least a little bit effective.

13 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Bit harsh, yes. Too early to say, hopefully he isn't of the McDaid/McGuffie mould.

Ashford has regressed a fair bit from when he joined, when he was at least a little bit effective.

We can’t be lumping McDaid in with McGuffie and JML (so far) He was inconsistent, but put in some excellent performances too. 

Thought this after the last time the two teams met, but when did Morton v Ayr match threads become so civilised?

There used to be all sorts of mud slinging on these, but we’ve been far too nice to each other in recent times.

Edited by Toby

10 minutes ago, Toby said:

Thought this after the last time the two teams met, but when did Morton v Ayr match threads become so civilised?

There used to be all sorts of mud slinging on these, but we’ve been far too nice to each other in recent times.

Hope I bump into you on Sinclair Street Toby.